Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: First Buffalo Springfield Tour Dates Announced
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 7, 2011 17:43

Neil's great, but there's one thing I don't like - it's not really Buffalo Springfield, it's Neil Young & Buffalo Springfield.........

Posted by: Ferret ()
Date: April 7, 2011 20:44

Amused
Neil's great, but there's one thing I don't like - it's not really Buffalo Springfield, it's Neil Young & Buffalo Springfield.........

Then again, out of the three principle singer-songwriters, Neil's the only one who remains a real creative force, so it sorta makes sense!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 8, 2011 02:16

Amused

No it's not. Have you seen the YouTube videos from the shows they did in October? On "Rock And Roll Woman", Steve sings lead and Neil and Richie are his backup singers. They sing "Bah, bah, bah, bah, bah, bah. Ruh, pah, bah". And on "On The Way Home" (which Neil wrote) Richie sings lead and Neil and Steve just go "Woo, woo, woo". If Neil happens to be your favorite, then naturally he's going to appear to be the focal point to you, but from what I could see, they all share the spotlight equally.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-08 05:43 by tatters.

Date: April 8, 2011 02:19

Ferret
Amused

Then again, out of the three principle singer-songwriters, Neil's the only one who remains a real creative force, so it sorta makes sense!

No it doesn't. It doesn't matter who is and who is not a creative force NOW. They're not doing any of their current solo material. The setlist contains only Buffalo Springfield songs, which are all from 1966, 1967, and 1968.

Date: April 8, 2011 02:38

StonesTod
it's not the unlikeliest of reunions. ccr, densmore with doors mates, mt with stones mates come to immediate mind as more unlikely. burdon with war, too.

Yeah, maybe. Also the Velvet Underground. But getting back together after FORTY-THREE years has to be some kind of record that probably won't ever be broken.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 8, 2011 04:57

How come Jim Messina was not included in the reunion? He did replace the late Bruce Palmer in 1968.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 8, 2011 05:38

The Sicilian
How come Jim Messina was not included in the reunion? He did replace the late Bruce Palmer in 1968.

I wondered about that. Maybe he wasn't asked. When Neil Young put the box set together, he left out Messina's Carefree Country Day (and, although not Messina's, Hour Of Not Quite Rain).

According to Furay's web page, they had 3 rehearsals for the reunion shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-08 05:41 by tomk.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 8, 2011 08:11

I wouldn't be surprised if Messina shows up to one of the Santa Barbara shows. The question is, would he be invited to play?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home