Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Material Played Over the Last 25 years
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 19, 2014 23:16

With tonight’s setlist lacking the ubiquitous You Got Me Rocking tt got me thinking about the amazing life this harmless, and mediocre, song has had. It’s been played so much over the year that it seems to have won acceptance as a song we don’t mind hearing. Mick has forced it upon us. However, it’s been at the expense of other songs.

Just curious what songs over the past 25 years people wish had more of a shelf life? To take it further, songs we wish had been given a chance to have a shelf life.

For me, it’s:

PLAYED:
Mixed Emotions
This Place Is Empty
Back Of My Hand
It Won’t Take Long

NEVER PLAYED:
Gunface
She Saw Me Coming

I do like having Out Of Control back.

Re: Material Played Over the Last 25 years
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 19, 2014 23:17

Laugh I nearly died

Date: June 19, 2014 23:37

Off the top of my head, I can think of Anybody Seen My Baby?, Saint of Me, Terrifying (could be good for October shows...), Don't Stop, Driving Too Fast...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 19, 2014 23:45

What is a shelf life?

I'd like to hear more Rough Justice.

And I don't feel 'forced' when it comes to YGMR -
I enjoy the song very much. Live as well as on record.

Date: June 19, 2014 23:47

Shelf life is a period of time where something is popular.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:09

Let Me Down Slow
Under The Radar
Low Down

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:19

Let Me Down Slow
Laugh I Nearly Died
Fancyman Blues
Saint Of Me
Don't Stop
Out Of Control
Almost Hear You Sigh
Love Is Strong
Jump On Top Of Me
The Storm
Mixed Emotions
Baby Break It Down
Flip The Switch
Biggest Mistake
Dangerous Beauty
Brand New Car
Moon Is Up
New Faces
Honest Man
The Worst
Slipping Away
Thru and Thru
Little Baby
Sparks Will Fly
Back Of My Hand
Rough Justice
It Won't Take Long
For Your Precious Love

Although more than 25 years I'd add rarely to never played songs Tattoo, Undercover, Dirty Work as well

Slave
Hang Fire
No Use In Crying
Tops
Neighbours
Undercover Of Night
She Was Hot
All The Way Down
Too Tough
One Hit (The The Body)
Harlem Shuffle
Had It With You
Highwire
I Think I'm Going Mad

I'd enjoy many from Tattoo on only obligatory "skippers" are: Too Much Blood, Back To Zero, Hold Back (tuneless) Hold On To Your Hat (tuneless) Suck On The Jugular, Sexdrive, Might As Well Get Juiced (I'd love to hear the Keith "revenge" mix though), How Can I Stop, Losing My Touch, She Saw Me Coming, Look What The Cat Dragged In, We Don't Wanna Go Home.... MEZ

MEZ

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 03:02 by The Mez.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:31

It would be interesting, statistically, to which songs that have been played, and how often, live since 1989 and forward. The Vegas era so to speak...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:14

"Too Much Blood" - I'm pretty sure it was on Scorcese's shopping list in the movie, the chorus would work well live I'm sure, the rap parts, hum...maybe not! I'm going to listen to it now, great song!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:20

this page will give you the info you want smiling smiley

Stones songs live

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:30

It would be interesting, statistically, to which songs that have been played, and how often, live since 1989 and forward. The Vegas era so to speak...

heres the info...
Stones songs played live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 01:31 by johnh.

Date: June 20, 2014 02:10

gotdablouse
"Too Much Blood" - I'm pretty sure it was on Scorcese's shopping list in the movie, the chorus would work well live I'm sure, the rap parts, hum...maybe not! I'm going to listen to it now, great song!
thumbs up
I was going to ask which Scorsese movie, but that doesn't really make much of a difference, does it? It would work well in mostly all of his films.
Always was curious to see how this'd sound live...Maybe use the handy Teleprompter for the rap parts, slow the tempo down a bit, put some of those pyros and theatrical lighting to use, it could be alright...hopefully...

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 20, 2014 03:01

Laugh I nearly died. ... Best stones song in 25 years

Date: June 20, 2014 09:45

johnh

heres the info...
Stones songs played live

It's not completely accurate. "If You Can't Rock Me" / "Get Off of My Cloud" .... only four times in 1975 ????

I don't think so. Played @ almost every show,if not every single show on the '75 tour.

Also,I could have sworn that "Respectable" was played at least 3 times in 1997 but,it is listed there for being played 2 times. I am not sure on that one but,the "If You Can't Rock Me" / "Get Off of My Cloud" issue is obvious.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 16:30

Almost Hear You Sigh should be brought back. Last night i was listening to the shepherd's bush gig from 99 and it was great hearing Moon Is Up again so i'd like that. I also always enjoyed I Go Wild on the Voodoo Lounge tour so i wouldn't mind them dropping that one back in now and again.

Date: June 20, 2014 22:18

RoughJusticeOnYa

If setlists.fm is to be believed, and with the internet I would think it would be fairly accurate from the 90's on, YGMR has been played 428 times. To me that song is not worth getting that many airings, particularly given the list of songs we've seen compiled here. Mick really wanted us to like it, and made it a "warhorse".

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 20, 2014 23:15

fahthree
RoughJusticeOnYa

If setlists.fm is to be believed, and with the internet I would think it would be fairly accurate from the 90's on, YGMR has been played 428 times. To me that song is not worth getting that many airings, particularly given the list of songs we've seen compiled here. Mick really wanted us to like it, and made it a "warhorse".

I always enjoyed when it was on the fanvote lists last year, it made it easy to cross off one song that had no chance, and increased the odds for the good songs. From perpetual loser to setlist fixture, so now look for Just My Imagination to be featured in Australia(although I like that one).

Date: June 21, 2014 20:02

fahthree
RoughJusticeOnYa

It's definitely true. "You Got Me Rocking" was a HEAVY warhorse from 1994 to 2006 !!!! (Except for 1997 when it was played now and then.) Otherwise,it was performed at almost every show in that period .... or close to it. Then,at some point in 2006,they eased up on it a little bit. Now,it is rearing its ugly head again. I just wish that they would replace it with another song from the 'Voodoo Lounge' album.

Date: June 21, 2014 20:46

Winning Ugly VXII
fahthree
RoughJusticeOnYa

It's definitely true. "You Got Me Rocking" was a HEAVY warhorse from 1994 to 2006 !!!! (Except for 1997 when it was played now and then.) Otherwise,it was performed at almost every show in that period .... or close to it. Then,at some point in 2006,they eased up on it a little bit. Now,it is rearing its ugly head again. I just wish that they would replace it with another song from the 'Voodoo Lounge' album.

I got it in the closing section of the show in Columbus 1997 -- a brief experiment for it -- tucked nicely between Tumbling Dice and Honky.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2014 20:52

fahthree
With tonight’s setlist lacking the ubiquitous You Got Me Rocking tt got me thinking about the amazing life this harmless, and mediocre, song has had. It’s been played so much over the year that it seems to have won acceptance as a song we don’t mind hearing. Mick has forced it upon us. However, it’s been at the expense of other songs.

Just curious what songs over the past 25 years people wish had more of a shelf life?

HA! Speak for yourself! Out of 1000 people it's possible 3 like it.

Past 25 years? Considering what they've done - or not done - it's a tall order for two queers. They've got plenty of other songs.

Date: June 21, 2014 21:33

fahthree
Winning Ugly VXII
fahthree
RoughJusticeOnYa

I got it in the closing section of the show in Columbus 1997 -- a brief experiment for it -- tucked nicely between Tumbling Dice and Honky.

That's a bad hit. .......... unfortunate. I have been there. The 1st stadium concert of the 2002 tour. I don't want to talk about it.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 22, 2014 05:00

fahthree
Winning Ugly VXII
fahthree
RoughJusticeOnYa

Got it as an encore (!) before Satisfaction at Edison Field/Anaheim Stadium in November 2002...the baseball Angels had just won the World Series a few days before and a video of the team in action was shown on the big screens during the "I was a pitcher down in a slump" part. The crowd went nuts!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 22, 2014 05:27

PLAYED:
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Anybody Seen My Baby
Saint of Me
How Can I Stop
Don't Stop
Rough Justice
It Won't Take Long
Back of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
Infamy

NEVER PLAYED:
Highwire
New Faces
Baby Break It Down
Already Over Me
She Saw Me Coming***
Plundered My Soul

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 22, 2014 06:12

Mixed Emotions
Hold On to Your Hat
Terrifying
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me
Out Of Control
Anybody Seen My Baby
Thief in the Night
Under the Radar
Laugh I nearly Died
Rain Fall Down
Plundered My Soul

Date: June 22, 2014 06:50

TimeIs
PLAYED:
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Anybody Seen My Baby
Saint of Me
How Can I Stop
Don't Stop
Rough Justice
It Won't Take Long
Back of My Hand
Oh No, Not You Again
Infamy

NEVER PLAYED:
Highwire
New Faces
Baby Break It Down
Already Over Me
She Saw Me Coming***
Plundered My Soul

" Already Over Me " was played 3 times in 1998 . >>>> Oregon / N.Y.C. / Nevada .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 22, 2014 21:03

Hand of Fate, Saint of Me, Hey Negrita, Hot Stuff...and the over obvious Fingerprint File that is now in retrospect so prescient....that's just 5....and that's before you get to Beast of Burden who many might argue is as good as Wild Horses...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home