Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones equipment archives
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 28, 2011 20:21

Has everyone looked over this stuff? Some of it's sort of interesting - the thought of what is stored in anonymous warehouses around the world - but lines like this kill me: "This is quite possibly one that Nicky Hopkins played on in the 1970s." How many people on this board are skilled enough band archivists to solve all of the riddles contained herein? Think of what we could do together!

[www.rollingstones.com]

Re: Rolling Stones equipment archives
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 28, 2011 20:29

then i saw this - "Wild Horses Master Recording"?? Clearly a live '75 show --but which one??

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: March 29, 2011 01:54

my heart is bleeding. there must be so much cool stuff in there. almost like heavenspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-29 01:54 by VOODOOSEBI.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:11

Yes, but scant few tantalizing video bits, like concert footage of the '75 tour.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 29, 2011 14:05

The best part is the Ampegs are still in there possession. The stones need to break them out.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 29, 2011 21:47

Love Ampegs. Clean and dirty at the same time. I owm a GS12 and you can;t overdrive it but if you turn your tone knob down you get that lovely clean heavy sound.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: March 29, 2011 23:51

When I saw the photos of the tape boxes, it got me to wondering why they were being shown. If it isn't a cruel tease on their part, then I would hope it would be a sign that an official bootleg series is being seriously considered.
Shortly after it appeared in an e-mail that came to me about a month ago, I was inspired enough to write about a Stones bootleg series at my blog. I've also been writing about other artist bootleg series possibilities as well.
I'm sorry that i haven't been around here much lately.

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:41

Has anybody saved the pictures of the old instruments from rs.com? It was the gallery "Instruments: From the archives". They are no longer up on the website. Wish I could take a look again.

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 17:55

Like the one with several Speedking new old bass drum pedals still in cellophane etc. Nobody?

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: December 19, 2013 23:54

Isn't there a new book release in the new year that covers the equipment used by the band , and that the authors had possible access to the archives ?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 20, 2013 00:18

I'm not a thief .....but I would't make a exception for this collection...................but of course I will returned it after I made copy and post it on IORR

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 20, 2013 02:15

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: December 20, 2013 06:48

Horseswild
Isn't there a new book release in the new year that covers the equipment used by the band , and that the authors had possible access to the archives ?

It's been discussed a lot here before, still waiting, here is some info:

[www.andybabiuksfabgear.com]

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 20, 2013 09:26

peter wilson
Horseswild

It's been discussed a lot here before, still waiting, here is some info:

[www.andybabiuksfabgear.com]

According to Amazon in the States, it's been pushed back to Feb 2014.
Don't look for it under your tree this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home