Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABC & D - No Reviews?!
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:36

I am searching for any reviews of the current shows, but except of the great thread covering the gig for Stu and one video from Hamburg, I can't find any. Is it possible, that Charlie is on tour anrd there is such a lack of interest?

Anyway, I go to Vienna the next week for two shows and wanted to ask how is it this year, what to expect - the last year it was 1 hour + break + 1,5 hour. Is the scheme the same? And is Charlie signing some stuff after the shows this year?

And of course - any review, photos, videos are very very welcome. I can't believe it - Charlie is on tour, there is absolutely no interest here, but we have threads like The Rolling Stones VS Lady Ga Ga - Discuss. Sad.

Re: ABC & D - No Reviews?!
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:40

There is interest. The Hamburg concert in 2009 is a very joyful memory to me, but unfortunately The ABC&D is not playing near my town at the moment. A great band!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:47

here`s a link to an austrian newspaper with some great pics.

[www.kleinezeitung.at]

last year i saw 3 gigs with charlie and his fellows and it was great, but this year i don`t take a long hour trip to see them.

we wanna see the stones....

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:48

I've seen at least some press reviews:

Review from Hannover 14032011:
[www.haz.de]

Reviews from Hamburg 15032011:
[www.abendblatt.de]

[www.rtntvnews.de]

Review from Weiz 21032011:
[www.kleinezeitung.at]

N

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: March 24, 2011 11:01

I saw them last monday in Hannover. I live in Munich and was on a business trip in Hannover so I took the chance to see them. Great music with a lot of fun on stage. As usual Charlie was smiling throughout the whole gig. They played one hour, then 45 minutes break and another hour and 20 minutes. In the second half Pete York (Spencer Davis Group) joined them for two songs. He did this in Munich last year as well. The venue was ok, it was nearly sold out, only a few empty seats (crowd of 400). In Munich last year it was half the size.

I will take every chance to see them again in the future!

Charlie signed only 2 or 3 items right after the gig on stage, I was not lucky....

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 24, 2011 13:48

At Southampton they did an hour, 30 minute break then another hour. Charlie did sign when he left (but it was 1 o'clock in the morning and 5 people there.

It's a good show, Charlie obvioulsy loves it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 24, 2011 14:37

Happy24
I am searching for any reviews of the current shows, but except of the great thread covering the gig for Stu and one video from Hamburg, I can't find any. Is it possible, that Charlie is on tour anrd there is such a lack of interest?

Anyway, I go to Vienna the next week for two shows and wanted to ask how is it this year, what to expect - the last year it was 1 hour + break + 1,5 hour. Is the scheme the same? And is Charlie signing some stuff after the shows this year?

And of course - any review, photos, videos are very very welcome. I can't believe it - Charlie is on tour, there is absolutely no interest here, but we have threads like The Rolling Stones VS Lady Ga Ga - Discuss. Sad.

You have to go out and look for the reviews.They are out there in internet world.Limited number of jazz lovers here and not much Stones news,so maybe not so many casual users on IORR.Not every Stones fan would go to a Charlie jazz show.I probably wouldn't unless it was in my local area.That's life. smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 18:11

crawdaddy
You have to go out and look for the reviews.They are out there in internet world.Limited number of jazz lovers here and not much Stones news,so maybe not so many casual users on IORR.Not every Stones fan would go to a Charlie jazz show.I probably wouldn't unless it was in my local area.That's life. smoking smiley

Yeap, I didn't mean there were no reviews on the internet, just on this forum, which actually really surprized me. Just look at the amount of really stupid threads here, while Charlie on tour catches very little interest.

To be honest, I am not into jazz and I would not call myself a boogie woogie lover either. I went to see the show the last year only because of Charlie, but I got much more than I hoped for. It is a great evening with great musicians doing great music and it somehow doesn't matter what kind of music you are into. And so this time I am taking 3 days off and travel some distance, because I find it really worth it.

Anyway, thank you all for the info, obviously some people here care for what the members of The Stones do today musicaly. And that is good :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-25 09:51 by Happy24.

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: March 24, 2011 19:53

I'll go in twoo weeks to his concert in Barcelona. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have 1 row tickets so if i can take pix or record somthing, I'll post it!!

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 24, 2011 20:05

Happy24
crawdaddy

Yeap, I didn't mean there were no reviews on the internet, just on this forum, which actually really surprized me. Just look at the amount of really stupid threads here, while Charlie on tour catches very little interest.

To be honest, I am not into jazz and I would not call myself a boogie woogie lover either. I went to see the show the last year only because of Charlie, but I got much more than I hoped for. It is a great evening with great musicians doing great music and it somehow doesnt matter what kind of music you are into. And so this time I am taking 3 days off and travel some distance, because I find it really worth it.

Anyway, thank you all for the info, obviously some peole here care for what the members of The Stones do today musicaly. And that is good :-)
I should realy make the effort to see Charlie,Mick T,Bill or Ronnie when they do their own musical things.Have done in the past with Mick T and Ronnie but guess I am getting older and lazier.Good on you Happy24 for making the effort.Probably gonna be well worth it. thumbs up

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 29, 2011 23:49

Any review?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 30, 2011 07:49

"The Stones are work - this is fun!"

Today Charlie Watts, drummer of the Rolling Stones for 48 years, is back with his second band the ABC & D of Boogie Woogie for three nights at the Vienna Metropol.

Since 2010, the legendary drummer - whose "other" band is responsible for 150 million CDs sold and two dozen world hits - has done a handful of mini-concerts in Austria.
Watts, who plays stadiums around the world with the Stones has already visited "Pop cities" such as Weiz, Amstetten and Imst before Vienna.

For this tour he's traded the Stones usual private jet for a tour bus.
Watts said in an Austrian interview: "This is exciting, a completely new feeling. I feel happy here, to me this is fun. It's about the music and not the money."

Watts, along with Axel Zwingenberger (piano), Ben Waters (piano) and Dave Green (bass), doesn't play any Stones classics.
Instead, they cover boogie and jazz standards by George Gershwin, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Ray Charles or Fats Domino.

"These improvised Boogie concerts interest me more than the rigid Stones shows.
In the Stones, I know what happens next, but here never, therefore, this type of
music is much more interesting.
It's also much harder to play than Stones songs", said Watts.

The Austrian tour is followed by the April 15th release of the new CD 'Boogie 4 Stu'.
The Rolling Stones cover the Dylan classic 'Watchin' The River Flow' along with with former bassist Bill Wyman.

And already preparations for the very last Stones tour are being made. Three dates have been reserved at Vienna Stadthalle for Fall 2012.

[www.oe24.at]

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 30, 2011 10:36

i´m looking forward to tonight

Date: March 30, 2011 11:07

erikjjf
And already preparations for the very last Stones tour are being made. Three dates have been reserved at Vienna Stadthalle for Fall 2012.

[www.oe24.at]

if it`s the same procedere like the last tours, that would mean a stones tour usa in fall 2011....but no words leaked out, so i don`t count on it....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 30, 2011 12:02

erikjjf
"This is exciting, a completely new feeling. I feel happy here, to me this is fun. It's about the music and not the money."

"These improvised Boogie concerts interest me more than the rigid Stones shows.
In the Stones, I know what happens next, but here never, therefore, this type of
music is much more interesting.
It's also much harder to play than Stones songs"

Perhaps Charlie has never been a big fun of the music of the Stones, but still his words reveal quite a lot of his attitude towards the nature of the Stones.

"I feel happy here" -> not happy with the Stones
"To me this is fun" -> not fun with the Stones
"It's about the music not the money" -> with the Stones not about the music but the money

Of course we all knew that already but nice to hear frank words from the horse's mouth, especially the last one.

- Doxa

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 30, 2011 23:23

austrianstones
if it`s the same procedere like the last tours, that would mean a stones tour usa in fall 2011....but no words leaked out, so i don`t count on it....

If they would play indoor shows in Europe, in the Fall, they would not follow their standard procedure.

Date: March 30, 2011 23:57

erikjjf
austrianstones

If they would play indoor shows in Europe, in the Fall, they would not follow their standard procedure.

hi erikjjf ,

i would have no problem with an indoor show in vienna or europe either smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home