Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL ( & Ronnie Wood)
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 4, 2014 14:22

A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL: THE 1989 INAUGURAL CONCERT is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations beginning March 1, 2014. (check local listings)

Read more about VIDEO: First Look - Stevie Ray Vaughan & More Set for PBS's A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL - BWWTVWorld by www.broadwayworld.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-02 15:48 by Lien.

Re: A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL ( & Ronnie Wood)
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 4, 2014 15:41

Sounds cool. I can't record it but may try to watch it if I can remember to. Hopefully it won't be part of a fundraising drive.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ron Wood in A Celebration of Blues and Soul: The 1989 Inaugural Concert
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:59

Sam Moore (backed by Duck Dunn on bass and Steve Cropper on guitar) in "The 1989 Inaugural Concert."

Airing this month on PBS in the US, is what's being called the long lost concert of blues and soul. It that took place during the 1989 Inaugural celebrations for George H.W. Bush. It was an unlikely event, Bush was more a fan of Sinatra and Randy Travis, but his then campaign manager Lee Atwater was known for his love of the blues and he organized the concert. Atwater died of cancer many years ago, but his Red, Hot, and Blue ribs restaurants live on. The concert featured some of the greats, like Percy Sledge, Sam Moore, Eddie Floyd, Albert Collins, Chuck Jackson, Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan, Koko Taylor, Billy Preston, and Carla Thomas. Ron Wood plays with Bo Diddley.

The PBS show is one hour and it's part of a two hour DVD that will be released in May. It is airing in the DC area on WETA on Saturday, March 15 at 10pm, and yes folks, it's part of the annual PBS pledge drive, or as some like to call it, the annual beg-a-thon. Those of you who watch PBS will know what I'm talking about, but I think it's worth the interruptions. Check your local listings for times in your area.

Here's a link to the full story and the promo video:

[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 02:01 by latebloomer.

Re: Ron Wood in A Celebration of Blues and Soul: The 1989 Inaugural Concert
Date: March 7, 2014 02:06

What a lineup!!

Re: Ronnie Wood in A Celebration of Blues and Soul: The 1989 Inaugural Concert
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 2, 2014 15:46

Shout! Factory are set to release A Celebration of Blues and Soul: The 1989 Presidential Inaugural Concert, a two hour concert DVD featuring performances from George H.W. Bush’s inaugural concert, on May 6. The event, which took place on January 21, 1989, featured performances by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Bo Diddley, Dr. John, Sam Moore, Willie Dixon, Ronnie Wood and many more. In addition to reliving the night’s best musical moments, A Celebration of Blues and Soul also pays tribute to the many artists that recorded at the Memphis’ famed Stax Records, including Moore, Eddie Floyd, Willian Bell, Carla Thomas & Billy Preston. The DVD also comes with an essay by music historian Peter Gurainick, liner notes and a gallery of never-before-seen photos, as well as over an hour of previously unseen concert footage.A Celebration Of Blues & Soul: The 1989 Inaugural Concert setlist:
Any Day Now – Chuck Jackson
I Don’t Want To Cry – Chuck Jackson
When A Man Loves A Woman – Percy Sledge
Right Place, Wrong Time – Dr. John
747 – Joe Louis Walker
Hoochie Coochie Man – Willie Dixon with Albert Collins, Delbert McClinton, Joe Louis Walker
Wang Dang Doodle – Koko Taylor and Willie Dixon with Cash McCall, Lafayette Leake and Ronnie Wood
Bo Diddley – Bo Diddley
I’m A Man – Bo Diddley
Hey Bo Diddley – Bo Diddley with Ronnie Wood
Born Under A Bad Sign – William Bell with Ronnie Wood

B-A-B-Y – Carla Thomas
When Something Is Wrong With My Baby – Carla Thomas and Billy Preston
Knock On Wood – Eddie Floyd
Soul Man – Sam Moore
Just A Little Bit – Delbert McClinton
Standing On Shaky Ground – Delbert McClinton
Maybe Someday – Delbert McClinton
B-Movie Boxcar Blues – Delbert McClinton
Frosty – Albert Collins , Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Jimmie Vaughan
Texas Flood – Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Jimmie Vaughan
Love Struck Baby – Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Jimmie Vaughan
Superstition – Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble Scuttle Buttin’ – Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

[www.amazon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home