Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Stephen Pearcy Quits Ratt
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:19

Yes, OMG, say it isn't so. Facebook just informed me that Ratt is losing their frontman. Shite, I didn't even know that band still existed. What did they have, one hit? Oh well, I never did follow those kinds of bands anyway. It just struck me funny that Facebook splashed that across my screen as "trending." Does anybody care about Ratt anymore? Oh well, at 54 I follow the Stones and other artists of their era. I'm hopelessly out of touch about most more modern bands...eye popping smiley

Re: OT: Stephen Pearcy Quits Ratt
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:21

rats!

Date: April 25, 2014 15:42

Ratt means driving wheel in norwegian. Maybe that means something here - drive on, or something...

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 25, 2014 16:43

DandelionPowderman
Ratt means driving wheel in norwegian. Maybe that means something here - drive on, or something...

Or he's taking on a job as a trucker.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:20

Its funny. I couldn't give a single @#$%& about this band, but I was shocked to hear this yesterday lol. I don't know why it feels like huge news.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:30

This might have been news in 1984, but in 2014? Looks like the Holiday Inn and local bars are going to find another has been to play to crowds of 20-25 people.

Bands like this are the real life Spinal Tap. Possibly the worst genre in the history of music.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:31

I do think Round And Round is a great, if admittedly stupid, song, with an awesome video.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 25, 2014 17:44

I liked their last album 'Infestation' a lot. And Ratt is a metal band, which I wanted absolut see live in concert. But without Stephen Pearcy on vocals, I've no more interest.

Date: April 25, 2014 17:52

James Kirk
This might have been news in 1984, but in 2014? Looks like the Holiday Inn and local bars are going to find another has been to play to crowds of 20-25 people.

Bands like this are the real life Spinal Tap. Possibly the worst genre in the history of music.

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 25, 2014 18:38

That whole movement; Ratt, Crue, Poison, Warrant, White Lion, Dokken..etc..etc had almost 90% mundanity; sitting through a Ratt album is a very disappointing exercise for a lot of rock fans (friend of mine is a big fan of all things 80s rock/metal, I've had the 'pleasure' of hearing Ratt more than once).

At it's worst it sounds so generic and outdated; Ratt were one of many who just didn't write much good songs. It's not quite high artistry but the better of the 80s metal bands made some decent albums; Crue has some really good songs and their debut album was kind of a template for the whole movement.

Tastes differ of course, for me I thought Ratt were a howlingly bad band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2014 18:50

I didn't even realize Ratt was still a functioning band.
Last I heard about them was one of their guitarists died from AIDS (?)...or was that another '80's band? Maybe Dokken?

I did buy Ratt's first release on cassette back in the day w/"Round and Round". Not a bad tune at the time.

Most of those '80's metal bands' music hasn't aged very well, but it's a weird time capsule of the time.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2014 18:51

James Kirk

smileys with beer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 25, 2014 19:02

HOW WILL I POSSIBLY GO ON?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2014 19:05

71Tele

Listening to Celine Dion

Date: April 25, 2014 20:18

treaclefingers
71Tele

Listening to Celine Dion

Or maybe Barry Manilow......Michael Bolton......Truly these are the times that try men's souls.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 25, 2014 21:33

yall should have seen the one i saw on the subway tracks after the rock and roll hall of fame induction

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 25, 2014 21:38

Hairball
I didn't even realize Ratt was still a functioning band.
Last I heard about them was one of their guitarists died from AIDS (?)...or was that another '80's band? Maybe Dokken?

No, it was Ratt.

Date: April 25, 2014 21:58

I have been laughing about this "story" all day!!!

Who gives a sh!t about Ratt???!!!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 25, 2014 22:02

HonkeyTonkFlash
Yes, OMG, say it isn't so. Facebook just informed me that Ratt is losing their frontman. Shite, I didn't even know that band still existed. What did they have, one hit? Oh well, I never did follow those kinds of bands anyway. It just struck me funny that Facebook splashed that across my screen as "trending." Does anybody care about Ratt anymore? Oh well, at 54 I follow the Stones and other artists of their era. I'm hopelessly out of touch about most more modern bands...eye popping smiley

Someone in that band was related to Milton Berle!!He was in their video

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 25, 2014 23:41

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 25, 2014 23:45

James Kirk

You're a psychic ain't you? >grinning smiley<
[www.metalsucks.net]

Tough times for 80's hair-metal bands!

Date: April 25, 2014 23:54

i liked the last album. pretty messed up he left again

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 26, 2014 00:48

Each to their own but,>grinning smiley< I think Ratt rocks

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2014 00:51

treaclefingers
71Tele

Listening to Celine Dion

Because I think this crap band's a joke (which it is) you assume I must like Celine Dion. How about I just think Ratt sucks?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2014 01:04

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 26, 2014 01:07

its easy to be a music snob but i remember the second half of the 70's when the record execs decided to take rock and roll mainstream and i had to suffer through foreigner,boston,reo speedwagon and journey coming out of my radio.

i'd rather hear the cult,great white,la guns or dokken than any of that crap.

most of those bands lead singers tried to sound like plant and the guitar players were trying to be eddie van halen.at least it was rock and roll following its influences.

when the grunge thing came along they were all tossed aside instead of the better bands being developed.most of them had 2 or 3 records and were dumped.
i saw alot of them in the clubs when they were trying to make it and those guys could flat out play.

there was one band i remember called tora tora that had some excellent guitar players,i think they were from memphis.

Date: April 26, 2014 01:40

lem motlow
its easy to be a music snob but i remember the second half of the 70's when the record execs decided to take rock and roll mainstream and i had to suffer through foreigner,boston,reo speedwagon and journey coming out of my radio.

i'd rather hear the cult,great white,la guns or dokken than any of that crap.

most of those bands lead singers tried to sound like plant and the guitar players were trying to be eddie van halen.at least it was rock and roll following its influences.

when the grunge thing came along they were all tossed aside instead of the better bands being developed.most of them had 2 or 3 records and were dumped.
i saw alot of them in the clubs when they were trying to make it and those guys could flat out play.

there was one band i remember called tora tora that had some excellent guitar players,i think they were from memphis.

yup tora tora. every mothers nightmare and roxy blue were 2 other great bands from same area that never broke big.
tora tora

roxy blue

every mothers nightmare

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 26, 2014 01:47

love the 80s metal,WOW Roxy Blue nice song love it

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 26, 2014 02:04

IrelandCalling4
That whole movement; Ratt, Crue, Poison, Warrant, White Lion, Dokken..etc..etc had almost 90% mundanity; sitting through a Ratt album is a very disappointing exercise for a lot of rock fans (friend of mine is a big fan of all things 80s rock/metal, I've had the 'pleasure' of hearing Ratt more than once).

At it's worst it sounds so generic and outdated; Ratt were one of many who just didn't write much good songs. It's not quite high artistry but the better of the 80s metal bands made some decent albums; Crue has some really good songs and their debut album was kind of a template for the whole movement.

Tastes differ of course, for me I thought Ratt were a howlingly bad band.

Generic and interchangeable, I'd say. Just last week I was driving somewhere with two of my kids in the car, had the radio on and I'm just waiting for this awful song to end. My daughter wanted to know who it was, I said it's some 80's hair band. Sure enough, it was Poison. Sorry mandu, but I could never see the appeal of metal music.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 26, 2014 02:06

what is that strange sound coming out of my speakers....oh,i remember now-guitars!!!!

those other two bands were good but tora tora was insane.trust me,from ten feet away that shit would blow your head off your shoulders.

thanks keefriff,that kicked.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home