Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Stephen Pearcy Quits Ratt
Date: April 26, 2014 02:25

lem motlow
what is that strange sound coming out of my speakers....oh,i remember now-guitars!!!!

those other two bands were good but tora tora was insane.trust me,from ten feet away that shit would blow your head off your shoulders.

thanks keefriff,that kicked.

how about this van halen like tune by roxy blue?

remember wildside? they kicked butt too

shotgun messiah?

but yeah i have both official tora tora albums and then of the 4 recent releases that were demo's and unreleased stuff

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 26, 2014 14:28

HonkeyTonkFlash
Yes, OMG, say it isn't so. Facebook just informed me that Ratt is losing their frontman. Shite, I didn't even know that band still existed. What did they have, one hit? Oh well, I never did follow those kinds of bands anyway. It just struck me funny that Facebook splashed that across my screen as "trending." Does anybody care about Ratt anymore? Oh well, at 54 I follow the Stones and other artists of their era. I'm hopelessly out of touch about most more modern bands...eye popping smiley

Modern band?winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 26, 2014 14:53

Thx for... the laughs, Keefriff! Awful riffs, cliché-ridden vids, Spinal Tap-ish attitiude, no wonder why these hair-metal guys were blown away by Nirvana and their 3-chords songs in no time! eye popping smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-26 14:57 by dcba.

Date: April 26, 2014 15:04

dcba
Thx for... the laughs, Keefriff! Awful riffs, cliché-ridden vids, Spinal Tap-ish attitiude, no wonder why these hair-metal guys were blown away by Nirvana and their 3-chords songs in no time! eye popping smiley

well hair metal was around about 10 years before nirvana came along. please name all of the musical genre's that was popular 10 years? grunge? nope. disco? nope. the original sound of the british invasion? nope. new wave? nope. etc

do you see trend here? funny you say blown away as thats was cobain did to himself and in the end looked like a bigger fool than the bands hair bands he thought he ended

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 26, 2014 15:34

I would have thought that the same old boring princesses would become bored of starting this same old type of thread saying the same old boring things about 80s rock bands. But nope, here they are again, the same old boring princesses who always start, or show up in, these types of threads spouting their same old boring posts, almost word for word, as if their same old boring opinions matter to the millions of fans of this type of music. We get it, you hate this type of music and you cannot resist spouting your same old hate towards it. We get it, you are boring and very proud of it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2014 15:45

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 26, 2014 18:50

RollingFreak
I do think Round And Round is a great, if admittedly stupid, song, with an awesome video.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 26, 2014 18:56

I had no idea they were still going. Didn't know anyone cared at all. A guy quits a completely irrelevant band. Great.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 27, 2014 16:09

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele
HOW WILL I POSSIBLY GO ON?

Listening to Celine Dion

Because I think this crap band's a joke (which it is) you assume I must like Celine Dion. How about I just think Ratt sucks?

No, butyou wanted to know how you could possibly go on...I think Celine said it best, right here:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-27 16:16 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 27, 2014 17:39

lem motlow
its easy to be a music snob but i remember the second half of the 70's when the record execs decided to take rock and roll mainstream and i had to suffer through foreigner,boston,reo speedwagon and journey coming out of my radio.

i'd rather hear the cult,great white,la guns or dokken than any of that crap.

most of those bands lead singers tried to sound like plant and the guitar players were trying to be eddie van halen.at least it was rock and roll following its influences.

when the grunge thing came along they were all tossed aside instead of the better bands being developed.most of them had 2 or 3 records and were dumped.
i saw alot of them in the clubs when they were trying to make it and those guys could flat out play.

there was one band i remember called tora tora that had some excellent guitar players,i think they were from memphis.

Please don't ever mention The Cult with those other 80's hair bands. They started out as a goth band and quickly changed to straight rock with the release of the Electric album.

That being said I am a big fan of the 80's Dokken because of George Lynch's guitar playing. And I will take a lot of the 80's hair band stuff over the shitty EMO stuff they pass off as music today. Just horrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-27 17:44 by oldschool.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 27, 2014 17:42

dcba

Nirvana is the most overrated band in rock history IMHO.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 27, 2014 19:38

Never heard that dude's name but I remember digging "Dance" by Ratt when it came out, in fact that made me want to check it out...there you go :

[youtu.be]

While I'm at it, here's a cool "ballad" by Skid Row :

[youtu.be]

And another one by Poison...they don't make'em like that anymore !

[youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 27, 2014 20:09

Ratt had its ups and downs I guess, but some of the ups are quite good.
Stuff people might not know is the solid "Infestation" album, their last.
And on their first album is a jam with Michael Schenker playing acoustic.
Very well done.
Stephen Pearcy has a good voice for a rock band.
So I can imagine he shows up somewhere else.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 27, 2014 21:37

Did Ratt have an album about Stonehenge?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home