Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

An album or CD/DVD of the Ben Waters 9th March 2011 Ambassadors Theatre show
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 14, 2011 15:01

This may have already been discussed in the long (currently 21 pages) thread about this Ben Waters 9th March 2011 Ambassadors show, but following on from the fact that the 500 copy album edition of Ronnie's 19th October 2010 show seems to have been well received, I for one will be longing for something to come out from THIS show. I only attended the first of the two shows, but hey ........... whatever ? But If EVER there was a 'Stones related' event that needed to emerge not as a boot - but as something official (regardless of medium or format) - this was it. And I cannot for one moment imagine it would do young Ben Waters' reputation any harm either.

Who agrees ?

Matt Lee .... got ONTO it youmg man, get ONTO it !! This is your 'next' project !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-14 17:50 by paulywaul.

Re: An album or CD/DVD of the Ben Waters 9th March 2011 Ambassadors Theatre show
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 14, 2011 15:14

I'd love to see a DVD or CD of this. The concert itself was worth every penny I spent on the tickets, but I'm hoping any permanent souvenir doesn't turn out to be another £100 limited edition for rich vinyl junkies only.

Re: An album or CD/DVD of the Ben Waters 9th March 2011 Ambassadors Theatre show
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 14, 2011 17:08

yes a good DVD for everyone..not a fancy ltd release please just a good DVD...

surely Charlie will do the deal?

smileys with beer

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 14, 2011 18:06

I saw no sign of any filming,but in the digital age I would think all audio is recorded.

sc uk

Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: March 14, 2011 22:09

I actually noticed a small camera at the front of the circle.
Also hoping for a DVD or at least an audio CD!

The shows were more than worth all the efforts - 15 hrs to London by coach (and 15 back home).

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 14, 2011 22:43

lickedlady1966
I actually noticed a small camera at the front of the circle.
Also hoping for a DVD or at least an audio CD!

The shows were more than worth all the efforts - 15 hrs to London by coach (and 15 back home).

There was also S. who came all the way from Chicago. He was also there at Ronnie's shows last year.

Date: March 15, 2011 08:03

paulywaul
This may have already been discussed in the long (currently 21 pages) thread about this Ben Waters 9th March 2011 Ambassadors show, but following on from the fact that the 500 copy album edition of Ronnie's 19th October 2010 show seems to have been well received, I for one will be longing for something to come out from THIS show. I only attended the first of the two shows, but hey ........... whatever ? But If EVER there was a 'Stones related' event that needed to emerge not as a boot - but as something official (regardless of medium or format) - this was it. And I cannot for one moment imagine it would do young Ben Waters' reputation any harm either.

Who agrees ?

Matt Lee .... got ONTO it youmg man, get ONTO it !! This is your 'next' project !!
Agree Paul

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 15, 2011 08:19

I think if it was filmed for a DVD, it would be impossible not to notice the cameras. It really can not be done with one small camera. Not even today. But I am sure the audio was recorded, that should not be a big problem. It would be truly nice to hear it in a professional quality.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:15

This is a must have for any Stones fan. Would love to hear it in flawless audio. Must be glorious!

Date: March 15, 2011 15:53

frankotero
This is a must have for any Stones fan. Would love to hear it in flawless audio. Must be glorious!

I couldn't agree more, it's an absolute MUST HAVE. The only question is there ... WILL IT BE ?

Come on Ben, Ron, Mick T, CW, Jools ... or anyone else involved. Lets be 'aving it !!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 15, 2011 15:55

If there's no recording, there's nothing for it but for them to do another show (or three - at least). smiling smiley

Date: March 15, 2011 16:11

Beast
If there's no recording, there's nothing for it but for them to do another show (or three - at least). smiling smiley

A monthly affair ? Swell idea ! Deal ! Once a month Ben Waters rounds up the family, boogie woogie pianists of note, Stones, ex-stones, future Stones, would be Stones, any kinda Stone in fact ........... and they all rock out big time !

There ! Sorted ! When's the first show ?

Date: March 15, 2011 20:49

Today's email from Ben Waters says:

"We fly home tomorrow and then play in Southampton on the Thursday at a fantastic venue called the brook. There is going to be some very special guests at the brook..."

Date: March 15, 2011 20:54

Green Lady

"We fly home tomorrow and then play in Southampton on the Thursday at a fantastic venue called the brook. There is going to be some very special guests at the brook..."

O noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........ Southampton ia just a quick trip along the A27/M27 from er .... West Wittering !!

Date: March 15, 2011 21:12

I think P J Harvey is more likely. Anyone here going to the Brook?

Date: March 15, 2011 21:25

paulywaul
Green Lady

O noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ........ Southampton ia just a quick trip along the A27/M27 from er .... West Wittering !!

I've been spoiled enough for now...Ronnie solo, Ronnie & Mick Taylor & SDP 100 club, Ben Waters & friends last week, Ronnie's beautiful box

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 15, 2011 21:38

Still plenty of Boogie 4 Stu gigs to play.Bulls Head,Barnes is my tip for''very special guests'', but could be anywhere that Ronnie, Mick T,Charlie,Keith,Mick J,Bill,PJ,or any other artiste that wants to honour Stu fancies to play.I am sure they will be welcomed by the band and fans alike. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-15 21:46 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 16, 2011 04:25

Well, sometime during the interviews for the re-issue for Exile Jagger, when asked about Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman joining up with the Stones again, gave the tepid response of words to the effect of it would be "interesting" but "not sure if the rest of the band would like that idea" or not.

Well, judging by the performance, (not 100% conclusive of the actual question posed I realize) it really doesn't seem to be a problem, does it?

Of course Keith seems to always suggest the current band and back-up has never been better.... sad smiley

T

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 16, 2011 13:02

SweetThing
Well, sometime during the interviews for the re-issue for Exile Jagger, when asked about Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman joining up with the Stones again, gave the tepid response of words to the effect of it would be "interesting" but "not sure if the rest of the band would like that idea" or not.

Well, judging by the performance, (not 100% conclusive of the actual question posed I realize) it really doesn't seem to be a problem, does it?

Of course Keith seems to always suggest the current band and back-up has never been better.... sad smiley

T

Hi friends, CD, DVD, LPs... I would love have all about the concert. I don´t know if is possible. But if is possible would be great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-16 13:03 by carlostones10.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 16, 2011 13:10

Harm
paulywaul
Green Lady

I've been spoiled enough for now...Ronnie solo, Ronnie & Mick Taylor & SDP 100 club, Ben Waters & friends last week, Ronnie's beautiful box
I'm going to the "boogie for stu" gig in Taunton on Friday night, don't know who the "special guests" are for that one either. By the way, I spoke to SDP outside the Ambassadors after the 2nd show and he told me there's going to be a DVD of the 100 Club show !!!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 16, 2011 14:02

chriseganstar
By the way, I spoke to SDP outside the Ambassadors after the 2nd show and he told me there's going to be a DVD of the 100 Club show !!!

Chriseganstar

I would take that comment with a pinch of salt. S.D.P. is a bit of a Self Publicist, you know.
Besides... he can't just release any recording made at the 100 Club without permission from the special guests that helped him out that night.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 16, 2011 14:30

Who is SDP? confused smiley

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: March 16, 2011 15:10

On Hungercity:

[www.hungercity.org]

Boogie For Stu ; A Tribute To Ian Stewart

The Ambassadors Theatre
March 9, 2011
London
Audience DVD
PAL
DVD-R
Voodoo Jungle Records
VJ-R DVD 011

Featuring The ABC&D Of Boogiewoogie ;
Charlie Watts , Ben Waters , Axel Zwingerberger , Dave Green with Jools Holland .

Special Guests , Ronnie Wood , Mick Taylor , Bill Wyman and more .

- Can I Get A Witness / High Heeled Sneakers
- Dont You Lie To Me
- Rooming House Boogie
- Shake Rattle And Roll
- Worried Life Blues
- You Never Can Tell

Thanks to UrbanSteel

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 16, 2011 15:32

I'm at the Brook tomorrow.

I know Bill has a friend who lives in Ringwood a short drive from Soton so may be Bill will turn up.

I saw Ben/Axel/Charlie in 2009 at The Concorde Club, not worried about special guests really.

Date: March 16, 2011 15:49

Koen
Who is SDP? confused smiley
Stephen Dale Petit

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 16, 2011 15:54

Lightnin'
chriseganstar
By the way, I spoke to SDP outside the Ambassadors after the 2nd show and he told me there's going to be a DVD of the 100 Club show !!!

Chriseganstar

I would take that comment with a pinch of salt. S.D.P. is a bit of a Self Publicist, you know.
Besides... he can't just release any recording made at the 100 Club without permission from the special guests that helped him out that night.
True, but it definitely was recorded on the night as the cameras kept getting in my way where I was standing, right by the walkway to the left of stage. Guess we'll have to wait and see !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: barefootbob ()
Date: March 19, 2011 23:17

Ive seen an on-Line YOU TUBE sourced video of STU/Ambassadors Tribute Show & video's too bright & audio's too distorted to enjoy. Cant get thru on HUNGERCITY link above. Anyone else know of a better link? thanks BFB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home