Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: March 19, 2011 02:12

Due to the Nuclear catastrophe happening as we speak in Japan (don't worry, it's going to get worst - the nuclear power plant company has been lying to the Japanese people all along). Japan has already announced that shipments of TOYOTA, NISSAN, and HONDA are going to be cut way back if not stopped (I assume these mean parts also) Tons of electronics come from Japan, sure, like everybody, Japan does a lot of outsourcing to CHINA, MALAYSIA, ETC but it also does ALOT of it's own manufacturing on it's higher end equipment. I personally do a lot of Photography and planned on getting a new Canon Lens. It's their higher end "L" version which I'm almost sure are all made in Japan. Same with big screen TV's , Computers, Video Camera's, etc. If you plan on buying something and it's made in Japan you better get it ASAP (or your item might be on a 2 year back order)

PS. Saw live shots of my old Tokyo neighborhood, GINZA, on CNN at about 7/8 PM local Japanese time and it looked like a GHOST TOWN. Most of the lights were out and hardly a soul on the street - VERY Spooky stuff indeed. Sign of things to come? TOKYO is one of the worlds most important cities in many, many ways and if it gets hit hard in the coming days by nuclear fallout we're in for some more pain ;;;(this is SUPER SERIOUS STUFF) - get your "JAPANESE MADE" stuff as soon as possible (on the local news today, HOLLYWOOD is already running short on some specific Japanese goods used for the film industry, this is no joke and it's only been a few days so far)....

IF THE WIND CHANGES TOKYO IS IN BIG TROUBLE

PRAY FOR JAPAN

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-19 19:31 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT:IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 19, 2011 03:47

CrissCrossMind
tatters
We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming ....

Dude, check out the "OT" (up front) = OFF TOPIC.... you're being redundant, most people "Understand" OT.... check it out, word on the street.....If you don't like the topic move on my friend - t'ain't that hard to do....

What I don't like is that while the people of Japan are being poisoned with radiation, you seem more concerned about whether or not you'll be able to get a new lens for your camera.

Re: OT:IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 19, 2011 03:55

CrissCrossMind
Due to the Nuclear catastrophe happening as we speak in Japan (don't worry, it's going to get worst - the nuclear power plant company has been lying to the Japanese people all along). Japan has already announced that shipments of TOYOTA, NISSAN, and HONDA are going to be cut way back if not stopped (I assume these mean parts also) Tons of electronics come from Japan, sure, like everybody, Japan does a lot of outsourcing to CHINA, MALAYSIA, ETC but it also does ALOT of it's own manufacturing on it's higher end equipment. I personally do a lot of Photography and planned on getting a new Canon Lens. It's their higher end "L" version which I'm almost sure are all made in Japan. Same with big screen TV's , Computers, Video Camera's, etc. If you plan on buying something and it's made in Japan you better get it ASAP (or your item might be on a 2 year back order)

PS. Saw live shots of my old Tokyo stomping grounds, GINZA, on CNN at about 7/8 PM Japanese time and it looked like a GHOST TOWN. Most of the lights were out and hardly a soul on the street - VERY Spooky stuff indeed. Sign of things to come? TOKYO is one of the worlds most important cities in many , many ways and if it gets hit hard in the coming days by nuclear fallout we're in for some more super "Fun Times"(this is SUPER SERIOUS STUFF) - get your "MADE IN JAPAN" stuff as soon as possible (on the local news today, HOLLYWOOD is already running short on some specific Japanese goods used for the film industry, this is no joke and it's only been a few days so far)....

HOLLYWOOD is being INCONVENIENCED.

Date: March 19, 2011 04:32

Hmmm...gives me an idea, how about those lovely made in China products.

Step right up and win some crap!!!!

Re: OT NOTICE: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 19, 2011 05:28

I expect this sort of sensationalistic cal from the news media and quite honestly can do without here or indeed anywhere else. Unless you can substantiate irrefutably such statements DO NOT @#$%& POST THEM! You are serving no useful purpose unless spreading fear and uncertainty is your goal. So, I ask you, IS IT?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-19 05:30 by ChrisM.

Re: OT NOTICE: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Date: March 19, 2011 05:48

Ok, I've vented. My wife is Japanese, I have lived there and visited many times. The last week has been very stressful for those directly effected by a disaster of epic proportions and less so for those who live far away. The news media, especially here in the US, has been in my view overly sensationalistic in its presentation of the events unfolding in Fukushima. Yes. The news and government in Nihon has been less than forthcoming. I know this. I only ask to please make certain that what you post is not speculation but backed up with no little substantiation and not only one mans opinion. There are over half a million people who need help NOW. That is and should be the primary focus. Doumo arigatou gozaimasu. Nihon ha ganbatte!

Date: March 19, 2011 06:25

I already donated $100.00 to the RED CROSS a few days ago. Japan is one of my favorite countries (out of about 80) with great people, food, traditions, everything, one of the most unique and beautiful places on earth. This triple catastrophe is SO BIG it's hard to even deal with it emotionally for me. I've been there many times, had many friends there, had great times there. I've traveled internationally more than most so I relate a lot more to international events (like Egypt, which is kind of like Japan to me as far as friends and fondness).

What can I say, it's horrible. The Japanese will rebuild, they always have but with that said it's still super shocking. My other point is this thread was about if you have a Japanese car (like I do), if you need something for it get it now, that's ALL I'm saying. You need a part for an electronic something? Get it now. Just giving some practical advise, has NOTHING to do about my sadness and sympathy for the people. This is THE INTERNET, none of you know me but yet make such off the wall assumptions, seriously strong judgements.... not exactly kosher IMHO, think about it.......(EVERYBODY seems to be very jumpy these days - nothing you can do about nothing, remember that)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-19 06:27 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2011 09:23

God-if there is one- really f*cked up when he created the human species.

Mankind will exterminate itself so that cockroaches and
moss can live in peace again.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: March 19, 2011 09:52

Amsterdamned

Sure. But what with Keith Richards?

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 19, 2011 11:06

tons of electronic comes from china

Date: March 19, 2011 12:30

I hope my post is still not being misunderstood. This has nothing to do with how sad and horrific the 3 different destructive events have to do with my and others feelings (there's already a thread for that here). This has to do with the shortage of Japanese parts for important things like cars and electronic devices (used in peoples work for example). CNN International is now reporting that Japanese watch groups are reporting that the milk and spinach in the North East Region of Japan is already too contaminated to eat. The Japanese Government and Private Company that owns the Reactors is not reporting these findings. I'm just saying if you have Japanese made equipment that needs a replacement part now is the time to get it because the media is reporting that there are going to be shortages worldwide quite soon. That's the information I'm trying to pass along. Comments pertaining to how sad and depressing this whole situation is belong on the other thread - Earthquake in Japan. Personally, I'm very crestfallen by the way my post has been treated, like I'm some heartless guy not caring about the suffering of others. I've spent a lot of my adult life traveling internationally all over the place, I think I get more affected than most. I'm pretty shocked and surprised about all the heavy judgements and misunderstanding going on around here - it's all very disappointing from my POV. People think I'm being flip and that's hardly the case. Oh well, I've explained it the best I can do. Sorry to all those that misunderstood.... Sincerely, Criss Cross Mind

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 19, 2011 12:40

Here is a very good post about the dangers from Fukushima.
[online.kitp.ucsb.edu]
You can also read the press clippings directly before the journalists rephrase them in their newspapers and broadcasts.

[english.kyodonews.jp]

If you donate to the red cross, at least over here in Holland, they might use it anywhere. It's not certain it will be for the benefit of the people in Japan.

I would say: buy Japanese products, it's good for the Japanese.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2011 13:34

JJackFl
Amsterdamned

Sure. But what with Keith Richards?

He will survive.smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 19, 2011 13:57

Whale
Here is a very good post about the dangers from Fukushima.
[online.kitp.ucsb.edu]
You can also read the press clippings directly before the journalists rephrase them in their newspapers and broadcasts.

[english.kyodonews.jp]

If you donate to the red cross, at least over here in Holland, they might use it anywhere. It's not certain it will be for the benefit of the people in Japan.

I would say: buy Japanese products, it's good for the Japanese.

UK Red Cross say something like "if we get more money for Japan than we can reasonably and efficiently use, we will keep it for other emergencies". Sounds very sensible to me, and doesn't deter me from making a donation.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: March 19, 2011 14:20

I already donated $100.00 to the RED CROSS a few days ago

You should be proud....

Date: March 19, 2011 17:56

CrossCrossMind, I think our feelings and experiences regarding Nihon are very alike. Watashi mo sou omoimasu. Aisumimasen deshita. Wakaru? (m-_-m)

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 20, 2011 00:08

Melanie69
What an unpleasant man you are

How DARE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: OT: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 20, 2011 00:12

I guess that means I need to prioritize my purchase of a Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Lens. I don't want to dump $2,500 at the moment. grrrrrrr

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 20, 2011 00:34

ChrisM
My wife is Japanese, I have lived there and visited many times.

Chris, it is impossible for me even try to imagine how you and your wife might feel right now. Sure hope that you can cope with all the stress and sorrow that you will surely feel. Please don't pay any attention to anything other than your friends and family who are in trouble. They need it, the rest is not important right now.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OT: Many "Made In Japan" Products will soon be unavailable worldwide.
Date: March 20, 2011 00:40

trainarollin
I guess that means I need to prioritize my purchase of a Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Lens. I don't want to dump $2,500 at the moment. grrrrrrr

I don't know if you're being serious or not but this is one of the aspects I was talking about. As a part time professional photographer this is the kind of stuff one needs to think about - especially in a down economy. It was a business post about the business aspect of this catastrophe. I'm sorry if it was misunderstood and I sounded cold or non-caring but I'm basically the total opposite of cold and non - caring.

My heart goes out to the Japanese people and knowing full well what earthquakes are like I just know what a nightmare the upper half of Japan is going through. It's not just the initial quake but the weeks and weeks and weeks of aftershocks (and in this case dealing with the nuclear situation also). I don't know how my post was so misunderstood - maybe it could have been written better, I was really tired when I wrote it - so sorry to those who felt it was negative or heartless.Had no intention of sounding that way. Sincerely, CCMind

Date: March 20, 2011 00:54

Rolling Hansie
ChrisM
My wife is Japanese, I have lived there and visited many times.

Chris, it is impossible for me even try to imagine how you and your wife might feel right now. Sure hope that you can cope with all the stress and sorrow that you will surely feel. Please don't pay any attention to anything other than your friends and family who are in trouble. They need it, the rest is not important right now.

I agree totally with Rolling Hansie and believe that ChrisM is one of the few people who understands the nature of my post. Of course the people come first. And from what I see everything is being done for them that's humanly possible - Japan is one of the top countries in the world for handling disasters. A very resilient people/nation that will survive and rebuild, as they've had to do so many times in the history of the country.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home