Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Euro Tour 2014. What about Children ?
Posted by: dodo69 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:17

Hi all,
I am looking forward to seeing The Stones back again to auld Europe!
What do you think to bring with me my 6 years old children?
Can she be allowed in ? Tickets/price or free entrance.
I'd like to go to Paris...

See you all and keep on Rolling !

Lorenzo

Re: Euro Tour 2014. What about Children ?
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:23

Too my daughter when she was 8. She was fine and had a great night. Although for some reason whilst waiting for our train after some lady made some snide comments. Maybe the presence of a child offended her "rock and roll" fantasy life.

Free or reduced price tickets? No, it would be full price.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:46

Full price tickets. I think that 6 is a bit too young, but every kid is different - she might love it. I took my six year old daughter once, and she did not enjoy the show. The security people felt sorry for her, and gave her a Ronnie pick.

One thing to remember - if you are close to the speakers, she should have ear plugs. Children under the age of 7 or 8 can suffer permanent hearing damage at loud concerts. If you take a child to an F-1 race, they make you sign a waiver of liability.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:55

You know your child best and you know what is best for your child. She will love it but do take the point re earplugs if you are close to speakers.

Date: March 14, 2014 20:57

My 11 y o daughter had the time of her life in HP.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:06

Regarding the noise level, please don't use simple earplugs. There is not only noise outside your daughter's head, but also inside which has to get out. Might sound complicated, but if you use simple earplugs made from wax (which are nice if you want to sleep) the sound waves that are inside the head (created by the lound noise outside the head) can't get out and might be damaging too the ears.

That's what a friend of mine told me, he's a medical doctor.

So please look for more advanced ear protection for your daughter.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:26

DandelionPowderman
My 11 y o daughter had the time of her life in HP.

The Stones as a family attraction. Who could think of that during the first 10 years?! It's rock & roll(ator) now. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 21:57 by kleermaker.

Date: March 14, 2014 21:31

grinning smiley

To quote Ronnie: "We all get old"...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:39

Every show I go to these days (and very few of them are "classic rock" shows), it seems like a multigenerational event. Which is mostly great, though I get alarmed when I see kids in what I know is soon going to be a mosh pit. confused smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 14, 2014 21:48

I took my 12 y/o son last year. He does not like loud, and he saw some stuff outside the show that made him very nervous.

We ended up leaving, it was a real bummer.

I know other people who had younger children there and they really enjoyed it, so it's kind of a crap shoot.

What I did learn is that I took him for me, thinking he would welcome the opportunity, and he really didn't. It meant nothing to him, so I guess I was pushing my wants on to him.

Date: March 14, 2014 22:02

CindyC
I took my 12 y/o son last year. He does not like loud, and he saw some stuff outside the show that made him very nervous.

We ended up leaving, it was a real bummer.

I know other people who had younger children there and they really enjoyed it, so it's kind of a crap shoot.

What I did learn is that I took him for me, thinking he would welcome the opportunity, and he really didn't. It meant nothing to him, so I guess I was pushing my wants on to him.

Great post Cindy, really. You must have a nice, sensitive kid and be a great, insightful mother yourself.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 14, 2014 22:21

kleermaker
Great post Cindy, really. You must have a nice, sensitive kid and be a great, insightful mother yourself.

Thank you kleermaker for saying that, but I guess if I was truly an insightful mother, I should have known and not have taken him at all! Hehehe. It was wishful thinking on my part.

I guess if you're not opposed to leaving, and aren't going to be upset at the loss of money, then it wouldn't hurt to try.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 14, 2014 22:29

Interesting experiences with kids. I was 12 years old in 1973 when I pedaled my bicycle 4 miles from our home in Hawaii to the HIC Arena box office to buy 1 ticket to see the Stones. It was 3:00 am and when I got home my parents thought I was nuts.

Date: March 14, 2014 22:41

CindyC
kleermaker

Thank you kleermaker for saying that, but I guess if I was truly an insightful mother, I should have known and not have taken him at all! Hehehe. It was wishful thinking on my part.

I guess if you're not opposed to leaving, and aren't going to be upset at the loss of money, then it wouldn't hurt to try.

Don't be so hard on yourself. All parents are human and make mistakes, but not all of us parents admit them to ourselves, see what we've done wrong, take the consequences and have a look at ourselves. You did it all and I think that's great.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 14, 2014 22:43

drbryant
Interesting experiences with kids. I was 12 years old in 1973 when I pedaled my bicycle 4 miles from our home in Hawaii to the HIC Arena box office to buy 1 ticket to see the Stones. It was 3:00 am and when I got home my parents thought I was nuts.

What do you remember most about the show? That's an awesome story!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 14, 2014 22:46

Date: March 14, 2014 23:01

drbryant

Wow, you were really acting independently at such a young age. I was 18 in 1973 when I bought tickets for me and my friends very early in the morning, after having hitchhiked, having been picked up by a very kind KLM-stewardess and driven some 15 km from my home town to The Hague, having my sleeping bag with me, because I expected a long queue in front of the box office, which was indeed the matter. So I had to lie there some hours with many others before I got those coveted tickets.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 14, 2014 23:10

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 15, 2014 07:32

drbryant
Full price tickets. I think that 6 is a bit too young, but every kid is different - she might love it. I took my six year old daughter once, and she did not enjoy the show. The security people felt sorry for her, and gave her a Ronnie pick.

Result!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home