Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IS REALLY MICK WORKING ON A NEW SOLO ALBUM??
Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: March 7, 2011 23:21

According to this web, Dave Stewart has sayd that he's not working on a new Jagger solo album.

But... does it mean that jagger is not working on it...? confused smiley

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Re: IS REALLY MICK WORKING ON A NEW SOLO ALBUM??
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 7, 2011 23:35

I hope so x) good news!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 7, 2011 23:55

I would like at least 3 more threads on this subject.

Thank you.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 7, 2011 23:56

in soviet russia, solo album works on YOU

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2011 23:56

Justin
I would like at least 3 more threads on this subject.

Thank you.
Give it time.eye rolling smiley

Date: March 8, 2011 00:01

In other news, the soft ball pitcher from the game Mick attended is actually releasing a solo album. Jack White produced. Should be a keeper!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2011 01:10

SpanishStone
According to this web, Dave Stewart has sayd that he's not working on a new Jagger solo album.

But... does it mean that jagger is not working on it...? confused smiley

Interesting and innovative spin on the story.

1) Jagger is/has been working with Dave Stewart.

2) They're not working on a Mick Jagger solo album.

Chris Jagger never said they were working on a Mick solo album - he said he's 'recording with Dave Stewart'.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 8, 2011 02:10

MORE THREADS PLEASE ABOUT HOW MICK IS/ISN'T WORKING ON A NEW SOLO LP/ALBUM/CD.

Date: March 8, 2011 02:18

Who is Really Mick anyway?

Date: March 8, 2011 06:07

skipstone

The sequel to the documentary Being Mick.

And who is producing you ask? Dave Stewart of course.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 8, 2011 12:48

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I need a drink
please stop these threads that are repeating Bjornulf
Bye Jeroen

Date: March 8, 2011 14:01

Seems like some people refuse to believe that Mick is involved with the Super Heavy-project... What lead us to think that he worked on a solo album? Am I missing something here confused smiley

Date: March 8, 2011 15:29

Justin
skipstone

smileys with beer

Date: March 8, 2011 16:58

Justin
skipstone

And who is producing you ask? Dave Stewart of course.

Is Don Was co-producing?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 8, 2011 18:12

mick is recording a duet with weird al yankovic, a spoof on elton john's "tiny dancer" entitled "tiny todger".

Date: March 8, 2011 18:16

DandelionPowderman
Seems like some people refuse to believe that Mick is involved with the Super Heavy-project... What lead us to think that he worked on a solo album? Am I missing something here confused smiley
Chris Jagger made a remark to a reporter that Mick was working on some solo stuff. Interpreted by the masses to mean. New solo album.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 8, 2011 19:52

hope not

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: March 10, 2011 22:33

ineedadrink
mick is recording a duet with weird al yankovic, a spoof on elton john's "tiny dancer" entitled "tiny todger".
That's it

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 23, 2011 22:40

I heard on the radio today that MJ is in the studio with Dave Stewart as we speak. The DJ stated that the Stones were not going to record a new disk this year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2011 22:43

that is too bad eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 23, 2011 23:44

This is just speculation on the part of the radio station. As far as we know Mick and Dave Stewart are continuing to tinker with their Nokia project. It's not a solo album. It's not even going to be a commercially released CD. It's content exclusive to Nokia as a promotional gimmick.

As for the Stones, as far as we know we're getting half a dozen previously unreleased tracks with a SOME GIRLS Deluxe Edition in September. We also have a couple new tracks on BOOGIE 4 STU due next month. A proper Stones album was not in the cards this year at all and will likely not materialize next year.

The contract with Universal is for the back catalog with newly recorded material. EXILE was the first example. SOME GIRLS will be the second. Allegedly GOATS HEAD SOUP will follow before all is said and done. There might be a two-disc package of more recent outtakes (1990s to the present) according to Don Was. If there is a tour next year, it would likely be tied to such a release or a new greatest hits package.

While Keith has talked about doing a new Stones album with Jack White potentially producing it, it's worth remembering Keith also promises another Winos album and tour nearly every time he talks to the press. As the man said, talk is cheap.

Enjoy what comes our way over the next couple years from Universal and hope that Super Heavy has a few good Jagger moments. Don't expect a Mick Jagger solo album or a Rolling Stones album in the next couple of years because all indications (and their respective recording contracts) suggest neither were ever planned.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 23, 2011 23:46

Cafaro
I heard on the radio today that MJ is in the studio with Dave Stewart as we speak. The DJ stated that the Stones were not going to record a new disk this year.

DJ's like to talk, so I don't take his comment to seriously.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 23, 2011 23:50

Thank you Rocky Dijon for making lots of sense, and putting this unnecessary and poorly-worded thread to bed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2011 00:59

stoned in washington dc
Justin
skipstone

smileys with beer

I think the sequel should be called, "Who the @#$%& is Mick Jagger?"

Date: March 24, 2011 01:38

Rocky Dijon
This is just speculation on the part of the radio station. As far as we know Mick and Dave Stewart are continuing to tinker with their Nokia project. It's not a solo album. It's not even going to be a commercially released CD. It's content exclusive to Nokia as a promotional gimmick.

As for the Stones, as far as we know we're getting half a dozen previously unreleased tracks with a SOME GIRLS Deluxe Edition in September. We also have a couple new tracks on BOOGIE 4 STU due next month. A proper Stones album was not in the cards this year at all and will likely not materialize next year.

The contract with Universal is for the back catalog with newly recorded material. EXILE was the first example. SOME GIRLS will be the second. Allegedly GOATS HEAD SOUP will follow before all is said and done. There might be a two-disc package of more recent outtakes (1990s to the present) according to Don Was. If there is a tour next year, it would likely be tied to such a release or a new greatest hits package.

While Keith has talked about doing a new Stones album with Jack White potentially producing it, it's worth remembering Keith also promises another Winos album and tour nearly every time he talks to the press. As the man said, talk is cheap.

Enjoy what comes our way over the next couple years from Universal and hope that Super Heavy has a few good Jagger moments. Don't expect a Mick Jagger solo album or a Rolling Stones album in the next couple of years because all indications (and their respective recording contracts) suggest neither were ever planned.
Thanks for the info Rocky.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 01:57

I hope we have a good new Mick album solo. I would love to listen Mick singing blues, soul, country and rock and roll. Just all what he knows do very well.

Posted by: nankered ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:41

mick and jeff beck could make a ripping album together if they kept it roots oriented

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:46

Well put Rocky.............frankly, I stopped hoping for anything new from the Stones 2 years ago and anything from Keith 5 years ago. Mick....who cares?

Woody is our only hope from the Stones camp for good new Stonesy music

BTW: I WAS going to start a new thread about this but at the last minute I ran a search. Glad I did.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 24, 2011 06:27

Rocky Dijon

So, you've read their contract?!!! That's fantastic. Where did you get your copy? Can I see. Surely this is not all opinion-based.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 24, 2011 14:46

How charming of you. No, nonfilter I don't believe I ever claimed I read their contract. Oddly enough I decided to trust press releases about them instead since those tend to be approved by artist, label, and their lawyers. Every once in a while a nice post like that comes along to remind me why the internet can be such a waste of time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home