Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: New Ronnie Wood Live album - Limited edition
Date: March 9, 2011 11:18

Got my copy! 10 more left smiling smiley

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: March 9, 2011 12:23

Got mine too. 102 left......

So don't worry!

gr Frans

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 9, 2011 12:24

DandelionPowderman
Got my copy! 10 more left smiling smiley

They´ve just released 100 more, so now it´s 102 available.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 9, 2011 14:14

More than 78 boxsets sold in a little number of hours. Run run run ... smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 9, 2011 15:52

Similar to the crap shopping channels on TV.Ronnie sitting there with all the goodies.Only 10 left.Drop the price gradually,but Ronnie sticks another 100 for sale instead until they drop down to 10 again.I reckon they still got 200 at least to sell. Maybe 300 if the pre-sale was not very many.No hurry to sell 'em. Still,it will be a collectors item and I would probably have gone for it if I had seen the gig and picked it up in London. £100 is not over the top as long as you don't need to pay the postage and handling charges. smoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 9, 2011 17:48

Looks like they made a correction today (I still never got a reply to my email, i.e. per the 'contact us' selection).

Now the added £26 handling charge was changed, lowered to £14.00 for US -- but still added on to the £12 for shipping. Total = £126.00.

I did it - reluctantly. I will love having it but still think a cd version should be released, or a digital copy so all fans can enjoy it, not just those with money to throw away.

Also, per Matt's arguments, good as they are, it doesn't change the fact that most people these days don't own a record player (i happen to still have one). You can easily make this available in multi formats and there is enough evidence (just look at Exile & Keith-WinglessAngels threads) that people are stupid enough to splurge on the over-inflated prices for limited editions anyway. Proof you can have it both ways.

So i'd also like to share with those that can't pay (or don't want to) - but i assume that is not possible or allowed, but correct me if i'm wrong. BTW, why did i pay it? Because it is Ronnie & I love his music, and have every album he's released. I think he has the best solo albums of any Stone by far & simply didn't want to miss out on this live show -- I have the Barbarian live shows too & those are fantastic!

** edit ... I also have the bootleg of this show but the sound is lower quality than I can bear for bootlegs -- I really expect this to sound a lot better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-09 17:50 by LeonidP.

Date: March 9, 2011 18:09

LeonidP
Looks like they made a correction today (I still never got a reply to my email, i.e. per the 'contact us' selection).

Now the added £26 handling charge was changed, lowered to £14.00 for US -- but still added on to the £12 for shipping. Total = £126.00.

I did it - reluctantly. I will love having it but still think a cd version should be released, or a digital copy so all fans can enjoy it, not just those with money to throw away.

Also, per Matt's arguments, good as they are, it doesn't change the fact that most people these days don't own a record player (i happen to still have one). You can easily make this available in multi formats and there is enough evidence (just look at Exile & Keith-WinglessAngels threads) that people are stupid enough to splurge on the over-inflated prices for limited editions anyway. Proof you can have it both ways.

So i'd also like to share with those that can't pay (or don't want to) - but i assume that is not possible or allowed, but correct me if i'm wrong. BTW, why did i pay it? Because it is Ronnie & I love his music, and have every album he's released. I think he has the best solo albums of any Stone by far & simply didn't want to miss out on this live show -- I have the Barbarian live shows too & those are fantastic!

** edit ... I also have the bootleg of this show but the sound is lower quality than I can bear for bootlegs -- I really expect this to sound a lot better.

Sounds much better. Don´t worry.

Date: March 9, 2011 20:09

carlostones10

Sounds much better. Don´t worry.

thanks - can't wait to listen!

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: March 10, 2011 01:49

Can we get it in the US??.If so whats the cost??

Coming Down Again

Date: March 10, 2011 02:03

curtisdavis

Yes, shipping worldwide. To know the total value, please to visit the website www.ifeellikeplaying.com. You find all information there.

Date: March 10, 2011 02:07

Thanks Carlostones10!!

Coming Down Again

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2011 02:32

If I'm spending that kind of money, I'd rather buy the 1964-69 vinyl boxset as it is on sale, and then look for the download of the Ronnie album as it ultimately becomese available.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 10, 2011 03:23

Well I do like collecting intersting things and this set looks beautiful, and is limited in numbers, and has Ronnie's signature. As a collector this is a really great value, and thanks to Matt for making this happen, without creating a huge cash cow that could have easily cost hundreds more. And compare this to the Exile Deluxe box and man, you have a much better deal, better design, and more thought and care. Cool stuff!

Date: March 10, 2011 04:52

curtisdavis

£100 + £12 shipping + £14 handling = £126.00 (for me this converted to $201 USA).

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: March 10, 2011 09:37

whitem8
Well I do like collecting intersting things and this set looks beautiful, and is limited in numbers, and has Ronnie's signature. As a collector this is a really great value, and thanks to Matt for making this happen, without creating a huge cash cow that could have easily cost hundreds more. And compare this to the Exile Deluxe box and man, you have a much better deal, better design, and more thought and care. Cool stuff!

hear hear, couldn't agree more whitem8 i totally agree with this

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2011 10:32

too much money for me, as ive just been sacked by my boss.
was not at the show. a pity, because i love ronnie and his music.
im happy ill see him with the Faces on July 8 in Weert-Holland.
enjoy!!
Jeroen

Date: March 10, 2011 13:40

LeonidP
curtisdavis

£100 + £12 shipping + £14 handling = £126.00 (for me this converted to $201 USA).
I think I'm gonna get the 2 boxsets instead myself/1964-1969 first...than the 71-2005 down the line...wow!!that is alot.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: New Ronnie Wood Live album - Limited edition
Date: March 10, 2011 14:19

I will receive my box set tomorrow. I am so excited. I paid 126 pounds and I will pay more 20 pounds of import taxes. So, the box set cost around 400 reais for me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-10 15:27 by carlostones10.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 10, 2011 15:05

hmm isn't them 500 copies sold out soon?....I'll wait for the second edition that will cost me 10 bucks and saved me from that ugly colored vinyl...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 10, 2011 15:50

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
-

i agree with you, erik...prolly.....

I think you would, yes, see you at pirates bay!

Date: March 10, 2011 15:53

....well that's not really true, I'm not a member there, nor have I ever downloaded an official album. But this might be my first

Nice package of course - but obviously there's more than 1000 people worldwide who'd like to hear this recording, so what else can a poor boy do.....cept to go to pirates bay....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2011 15:56

whitem8

Well the EXILE box was a rip-off at $149 or so, so I skipped that, totally agree.
(I was able to pick it up on Amazon.co.uk at Christmas for 44 lb's, including shipping to Canada, so THAT I did get!)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 10, 2011 16:18

i got to see the box set in person last night and yeah it is indeed great-looking!
well planned, well produced, and the price is way lower than it could be for the quality and care.
and it smells good too :E

Date: March 10, 2011 16:37

with sssoul
i got to see the box set in person last night and yeah it is indeed great-looking!
well planned, well produced, and the price is way lower than it could be for the quality and care.
and it smells good too :E

Thanks for let us know. Now I am more excited. smileys with beer

Date: March 10, 2011 16:46

Glad you got it, with Sssoul
Didn't mean to put the purchasers or owners nor the box or the effort itself, down - at all
Just meant to say that Joe Bloggs or people who are "interested" won't be getting this box. But that's only natural. We'd probably be bashing the concert if we ever got a copy, ha ha

Seriously, it's a terrific item I'm sure - but.....that's what it is; an item. Joe Bloggs and I will have to get an "illegal" copy of it, to get to hear it.

Well.....I shouldn't speak for Joe Bloggs. Don't know him that close
I guess it's Ronnie's "I Feel Like Painting" collection plus the galleries....could we really call them "paitings" that got this new box into my wrong throat. Maybe I don't even want to hear the new "box" after all.
(But - the 2 concerts in London were really fine, I know....having heard the audience recording)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-10 16:47 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 10, 2011 16:49

i haven't gotten it, Erik Snow honey - i've seen (and smelled) someone else's.
they were a little surprised that i wanted to smell it, but they gallantly took it in stride :E

Date: March 10, 2011 16:58

Hope you didn't sniff it up completely....vinyls and all - did you?

To see releases like this in perspective....the important thing is to get the SBD recording out to the public. Then everybody who's doesn't feel like paying will get to hear it in excellent quality - in one way or the other.
I wouldn't mind to see a "Newcastle 1971" vinyl set being released, even if it was only 100 copies - and a £1000 price for it.

That's what (some of) the bootlegers do. Release heavy priced items, which only a couple of people is willing to shell out for.

So things have changed - R&R is really an upper class thingy.....even R&R from a "wild one" like Ronnie (used to be). I'd better get a new hobby, as I don't like artifacts like this
....unless I got to smell them, obviously

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-10 16:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 10, 2011 19:33

Eric, didn´t you buy Bowie´s Station To Station deluxe box set?winking smiley

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: March 10, 2011 22:30

It sounds awsome..but 500 only, damn...no chance I will afford one or get it.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 11, 2011 10:26

with sssoul
i've seen (and smelled) someone else's.
they were a little surprised that i wanted to smell it, but they gallantly took it in stride :E

Oh so you're the girl I heard asking to smell the box! That was funny! Had I known it was you, I'd have offered some pop corn.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home