Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: New Ronnie Wood Live album - Limited edition
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:04

Got it...

Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:13

So... can someone who is not "betraying a friends confidence" post the link because frankly this is getting borderline offensive and completely unfair.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:18

boymacwerter
So... can someone who is not "betraying a friends confidence" post the link because frankly this is getting borderline offensive and completely unfair.

Life is cruel isn't it!!!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:21

ablett
"I'm sick of been ripped off by the Stones' "Ringo""

Explain?

After the Stones broke up, despite always being considered the least talented Stone, Ronnie had the biggest solo career.

Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:22

No... but some Stones fans aaaare elitists who have no sense of community.

Date: March 7, 2011 19:34

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:47

Harm
[ronniewood.com]
Avaliable soon. smileys with beer

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:51

ablett
"I'm sick of been ripped off by the Stones' "Ringo""

Explain?

I was referring to Ronnie's over inflated ticket prices - The different pricing tiers at the Ambassadors were ridiculous IMHO .

I wasn't awake when I made the Ringo comment. Not really fair on him - I like his solo stuff,especially................. "Photograph" !winking smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:56

Roadster32
boymacwerter

He's still talking about fair!!

Date: March 7, 2011 23:25

With the net now, the minute someone does NOT have access to get something immediately they cry unfair.
Speaking of unfair - 100P Pounds?
It's like the Genesis books. Te folks who really would love these more than any, will never be able to afford it.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 8, 2011 07:00

I very much enjoy and appreciate the lively debate and knowledge on IORR and although my contributions are relatively infrequent, I will stand up and be counted on this one. The release was originally my concept and as the executive producer I contributed to it throughout. Ronnie's concerts at the Ambassadors Theatre last October were so well received and the simple idea was to release a complete show (beginning to end, no cuts, no over dubs, no track reordering). This is the first time The Stones or a solo Stone has ever released a full show and something I know many of us would like to see more of!

As a very serious collector myself (see add photos of your rarities) I don't like projects that I feel are overpriced and seek to take too much advantage of the value and don't in anyway reflect the cost of production plus a reasonable margin (I have spoken about these before). I was determined not to let any project I was involved in fall into this trap. I know many will be disappointed that it isn't on CD, and to be honest, so am I. Unfortunately, whichever way you cut the maths selling a relatively low number of CD's just doesn't add up.

Pure economics determines the only way to make the costs of the musicians fees, artists royalties, design, website, mastering etc... divide out is to produce a higher value limited edition. If you are going to make a collectible product then it has to be vinyl (IMHO). Vinyl also allowed us to pack a large box with goodies; the concert date guitar pick, the concert poster, the hand signed 8x10 (and yes Ronnie did sign each and every one in person) etc...

Please note, that unlike bootlegs, with an official release all artists royalties and performance fees get paid! Don't forget value added tax is 20% (included in the sale price) and credit card fees are 3.9%!

It will only be available direct from Ronnie's site avoiding any retailer margins and meaning every penny can go into making this a truly wonderful set. It is a really great value package which I think is worth twice the price! As a passionate collector I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I really hope everyone who buys one loves it!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 8, 2011 07:18

Great! Can't wait to get this.

Are there any plans to release his studio album on vinyl?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 8, 2011 08:08

It sounds like an excellent venture to me. I hope there's enough copies for everyone that wants it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 8, 2011 09:55

Thanks for the explanation Matt. And congratulations with the job you did. It really looks very good.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 8, 2011 09:58

For those that were asking about the tracklist....

SHPRWLPBOX1 - 1
A1 Introduction 01:55
A2 I Gotta Thing About You 05:15
A3 100% 06:16
B1 Why You Wanna Go And Do A Thing Like That For 07:33
B2 Lucky Man 05:44
B3 I Gotta See 05:12

SHPRWLPBOX1 - 2
A1 Spoonful 06:23
A2 Sweetness 06:58
A3 Forever 06:27
B1 Tell Me Something 03:22
B2 Fancy Pants 06:49
B3 Debris 04:49

SHPRWLPBOX1 - 3
A1 Night Time Is The Right Time 03:55
A2 Plynth 04:07
B1 Stay With Me 05:35
B2 Jumping Jack Flash 06:11

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 8, 2011 10:05

I'm not a memorabilia collector - I'd sooner have had just the show at an affordable price than all those "goodies" - so somebody else can have my copy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 8, 2011 10:20

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-08 11:21 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: March 8, 2011 10:27

don't hesitate guys and girls, this is a serious collectors item, i for sure will have one , it will be available very very soon on
Ron Wood's Vynill Box Set

hope you get the pictures i have added, otherwise check them out on the site in above link, www.ifeellikeplaying.com

get one when you can , it will be sold out in a second

Date: March 8, 2011 10:46

Erik_snow, you should read Matt's post on the Cd issue my friend...hope it gets a bit clearer then to understand the why this decission for Vynill, and what's worth , i 100% second the choice for Vynill it's so much nicer to have and cherish :-) but , it's a free world, so people are allowed to have an opinion , that's mine ;-)

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 8, 2011 11:20

this vinyl edition is just made for the value of money, that´s all. and i surely think there will be a cd edition.

Date: March 8, 2011 11:23

about the cd, guys, please read Matt's post on it..it will not happen.(not officially that is)

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: March 8, 2011 11:41

Matt... We Love You!!!
Sorry, but someone had to say!

Date: March 8, 2011 14:14

Brue
Roadster32
boymacwerter

He's still talking about fair!!

Life isn't fair either!!

Date: March 8, 2011 14:29

mattleeuk
I very much enjoy and appreciate the lively debate and knowledge on IORR and although my contributions are relatively infrequent, I will stand up and be counted on this one. The release was originally my concept and as the executive producer I contributed to it throughout. Ronnie's concerts at the Ambassadors Theatre last October were so well received and the simple idea was to release a complete show (beginning to end, no cuts, no over dubs, no track reordering). This is the first time The Stones or a solo Stone has ever released a full show and something I know many of us would like to see more of!

As a very serious collector myself (see add photos of your rarities) I don't like projects that I feel are overpriced and seek to take too much advantage of the value and don't in anyway reflect the cost of production plus a reasonable margin (I have spoken about these before). I was determined not to let any project I was involved in fall into this trap. I know many will be disappointed that it isn't on CD, and to be honest, so am I. Unfortunately, whichever way you cut the maths selling a relatively low number of CD's just doesn't add up.

Pure economics determines the only way to make the costs of the musicians fees, artists royalties, design, website, mastering etc... divide out is to produce a higher value limited edition. If you are going to make a collectible product then it has to be vinyl (IMHO). Vinyl also allowed us to pack a large box with goodies; the concert date guitar pick, the concert poster, the hand signed 8x10 (and yes Ronnie did sign each and every one in person) etc...

Please note, that unlike bootlegs, with an official release all artists royalties and performance fees get paid! Don't forget value added tax is 20% (included in the sale price) and credit card fees are 3.9%!

It will only be available direct from Ronnie's site avoiding any retailer margins and meaning every penny can go into making this a truly wonderful set. It is a really great value package which I think is worth twice the price! As a passionate collector I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I really hope everyone who buys one loves it!

Thanks a lot, Matt. I sent an email for you but you answered here what I asked by email.

Date: March 8, 2011 15:13

bluesinc.
this vinyl edition is just made for the value of money, that´s all. and i surely think there will be a cd edition.

Wishful thinking!

There won't be a cd edition!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 8, 2011 15:22

this vinyl edition is just made for the value of money

I don't think so.

The box sells for 100 GBP. For that you will get 3 coloured 180g Vinyl LP's, a signed Ronnie Wood photograph, an official guitar pick from the night, the set list and a souvenir concert poster. All together packed in a nice looking box. I would not call that very expensive.
Now to the point of how much money the producers of this box will make. First they will have to deduct 20% VAT. So they will get 80 GBP for each box. 500 Boxes will be sold. So they will get the total amount of 40.000 GBP (forty thousand).
I don't know how many people have been working on this project for, let's say at least a couple of weeks. Neither do I know what the exact productioncosts might have been. But with these figures I really cannot see how anybody could make a lot of money out of this project.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 8, 2011 15:22

JordiStones
Matt... We Love You!!!
Sorry, but someone had to say!

Hi Jordi, I agree 100%.
smileys with beer

Of course I think Lisa Fischer much more sexy than Matt, but well... you are the guy, Matt.

drinking smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 8, 2011 15:37

Thanx Matt....I think I'm 1 of the lucky folk that was able to preorder....now I know why I could never find the late show boot...

Date: March 8, 2011 16:01

Rolling Hansie

this vinyl edition is just made for the value of money

I don't think so.

The box sells for 100 GBP. For that you will get 3 coloured 180g Vinyl LP's, a signed Ronnie Wood photograph, an official guitar pick from the night, the set list and a souvenir concert poster. All together packed in a nice looking box. I would not call that very expensive.
Now to the point of how much money the producers of this box will make. First they will have to deduct 20% VAT. So they will get 80 GBP for each box. 500 Boxes will be sold. So they will get the total amount of 40.000 GBP (forty thousand).
I don't know how many people have been working on this project for, let's say at least a couple of weeks. Neither do I know what the exact productioncosts might have been. But with these figures I really cannot see how anybody could make a lot of money out of this project.

Hi Rolling Hansie,

I agree with you. Honest, It´s a cheaper box set. I think impossible there is profit in this release. Or the profit is really small. And it is an amazing item for collectors.

Date: March 8, 2011 17:06

Thank you Matt for all the work you put into it.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home