Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Aerosmith and Depp
Date: August 8, 2012 16:23

Re: OT: Aerosmith and Depp
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 8, 2012 16:24

Barf.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 8, 2012 18:49

I read an interviewer ask Courtney Love, "If you had to choose to do only one thing, would it be acting or music?" Love answered, "Music. Every actor I've known wishes he could have been a musician. I've never met a musician who wished he were in actor."

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 8, 2012 18:51

Title5Take1
I read an interviewer ask Courtney Love, "If you had to choose to do only one thing, would it be acting or music?" Love answered, "Music. Every actor I've known wishes he could have been a musician. I've never met a musician who wished he were in actor."

Oh? That just means she's never met Mick Jagger.

Date: August 8, 2012 20:17

rofl

these actor slash 'guitar players slash 'musicians' sure crack me up

ok i can understand that being rich as f*ck and having sweet f*ck all to do all day but practise might help a little, but c'mon

i would wager he is probably half assed at best

or he would already be a guitarist.

like i mean a real one like say..brad whitford

there's a million guys that can play better than Depp

but i mean being a famous actor means i guess you can get up on stage with real bands, for whatever good that is

if it weren't for his name he wouldn't have been up there at all

seems to be a dream and belief of celebrity actors that they intuitively have the chops to make it as a professional musician, too. Depp might be "not half bad" but that doesn't make him all that good

i'm not half bad either but if i tried to go on with aerosmith joe perry would whack me in the face with his guitar, full throttle

at any rate Depp made the right career choice

stick to pirate movies is my advice

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 8, 2012 20:20

Maybe Depp could join Rolling Stones on their next tour, and improve the guitarsection in the band

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 8, 2012 20:21

Erik_Snow
Maybe Depp could join Rolling Stones on their next tour, and improve the guitarsection in the band

hey - the bowie section has asked that you not post elsewhere....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 8, 2012 20:29

StonesTod
Erik_Snow

hey - the bowie section has asked that you not post elsewhere....

It has? Can't argue with that. Just don't ban me, and I'll behave better the forthcoming 10 minutes.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: August 8, 2012 22:14

what a joke

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 8, 2012 22:19

Actually Johnny Depp was a musician before he was an actor. He took the 21 Jump St. acting gig to support his music.

Not saying he's great (or even good) but... it kind of was already in his blood. Wonder how good he'd be if he'd spent the last 20-odd years only doing music? Guess we'll never know.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: MarshaH ()
Date: August 8, 2012 22:31

Johnny wants to be Keith Richards so badly. He even went into Keith's closet and stole his funky old clothes.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 8, 2012 22:45

What is the point in posting this video other than inciting hatred? So Depp played with Aerosmith. Big deal. Good for him. If he had a fun time and if Aerosmith had fun, then who gives a crap? Is Depp not allowed to be on a stage playing music? I swear every time the name Johnny Depp is mentioned this place turns into a high school. Like, OMG! I can't believe he's hanging out with THAT guy. Depp stole Keith's funky old clothes? He's wearing a black shirt and pants. What's so funky about that? I've never seen Keith wear a hat like that. I'm pretty sure that Depp is comfortable in his own skin that he doesn't feel the need to be anybody else so badly. He's been in the game for decades now.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 8, 2012 23:01

Munichhilton
Title5Take1

Subsidiary to the music, of course. A Hit Parader interviewer in 1971 asked Mick about his efforts in the 60's to get a Stones Hard-Day's-Night type movie off the ground, as well as actin in other projects: MICK: "I Don't want to be an actor, I just want to do [occasional] films. An actor does films all the time, but I just like to do them occasionally." To the same interviewer in 1976: "To me, going to a concert is actually DOING something. Whearas acting is still playing charades...I think the one thing [music] is much more vital." From David Dalton's book The Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-08 23:03 by Title5Take1.

Date: August 9, 2012 00:50

I wish Perry would play that jagged looking guitar again. maybe an old Kramer or something? Love the look of that guitar.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2012 01:03

Munichhilton
Title5Take1

An even better example is Elvis the pelvis.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 9, 2012 17:09

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Title5Take1

Or Bowie

Date: August 9, 2012 17:18

GumbootCloggeroo
What is the point in posting this video other than inciting hatred? So Depp played with Aerosmith. Big deal. Good for him. If he had a fun time and if Aerosmith had fun, then who gives a crap? Is Depp not allowed to be on a stage playing music? I swear every time the name Johnny Depp is mentioned this place turns into a high school. Like, OMG! I can't believe he's hanging out with THAT guy. Depp stole Keith's funky old clothes? He's wearing a black shirt and pants. What's so funky about that? I've never seen Keith wear a hat like that. I'm pretty sure that Depp is comfortable in his own skin that he doesn't feel the need to be anybody else so badly. He's been in the game for decades now.

I posted it because I found it interesting, and because Depp is close with Keith.

I can ensure you that in no way would I incite any hatred towards Keith. There is plenty here already!

Date: August 10, 2012 18:33

Munichhilton
Title5Take1

Hopefully it will remain that way.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 11, 2012 01:54

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Title5Take1

You have to wonder if the post-military Elvis went in to film full time as a sort of semi-retirement option that would still keep him in the public eye as well as his mansion--because he must certainly have been aware of how the army neutered his rock-n-roll rebel image, and his most devoted fans knew it, too. When Elvis died, John Lennon famously commented, "Elvis died the day he went into the army."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2012 01:57

...man the scarf factory must be workin' over time for these guys...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 11, 2012 02:11

I know the reviews have been fairly good for this tour, but I can't watch Steven Tyler perform anymore without thinking of burgers and Idols. Ugh...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 11, 2012 04:03

latebloomer
I know the reviews have been fairly good for this tour, but I can't watch Steven Tyler perform anymore without thinking of burgers and Idols. Ugh...

Gotta agree, his stint on the hated/dreaded AI and those cheesy burger king ads ruined (what was left of) his street cred, for me anyway... I hope, for his sake, that he was paid a lot of money for these... buc buc

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 11, 2012 15:53

Depp with the Black Keys was fun...now it's getting kind of weird.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 11, 2012 16:37

Palace Revolution 2000
I wish Perry would play that jagged looking guitar again. maybe an old Kramer or something? Love the look of that guitar.

You mean his old BC Rich Bich?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2012 16:41

Depp with the Black Keys was fun...now it's getting kind of weird.

......what about Sparrow?....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2012 17:46

stonesnow
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Title5Take1

You have to wonder if the post-military Elvis went in to film full time as a sort of semi-retirement option that would still keep him in the public eye as well as his mansion--because he must certainly have been aware of how the army neutered his rock-n-roll rebel image, and his most devoted fans knew it, too. When Elvis died, John Lennon famously commented, "Elvis died the day he went into the army."

I read that Elvis' idols were Dean Martin and James Dean. Keeping in mind that there was no history to rock n roll, he had influences in Blues and Country, but to him, being a star was to be a crooner, and to do movies, which is exactly what he did starting in '56 with Love Me Tender, then Loving You and Jailhouse Rock the following year. I think the only think the army did, was to interrupt the flow of films for a couple of years.

edit: and who could forget King Creole in '58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 17:49 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 11, 2012 20:28

Photo taken at Giants Stadium, August 6, 1978. Worst concert I've ever attended. My friend, who was on a three-week pot-smoking binge at the time, couldn't even take it. Walked out after Ted Nugent and waited for me in the car. I still have the program somewhere. It says something about how Steven Tyler "commands the stage like the young Mick Jagger of long ago."

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-11 20:55 by tatters.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:19

treaclefingers
stonesnow
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Title5Take1

I read that Elvis' idols were Dean Martin and James Dean. Keeping in mind that there was no history to rock n roll, he had influences in Blues and Country, but to him, being a star was to be a crooner, and to do movies, which is exactly what he did starting in '56 with Love Me Tender, then Loving You and Jailhouse Rock the following year. I think the only think the army did, was to interrupt the flow of films for a couple of years.

edit: and who could forget King Creole in '58

True, but the advent of rock-n-roll, along with James Dean, created the market of the teenager, notably the rebellious type a la Blackboard Jungle, and Elvis was right there in the thick of it. Sure, he did movies in the beginning, but after the army, his music lost its bite--no more Hound Dogs and such. And what happened to the live performances? Because his 1968 television concert was billed as his "comeback". Being drafted into the army surely must have been a blow to his image, having to get his hair buzz-clipped and follow orders and all that.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 12, 2012 04:40

GumbootCloggeroo

Agreed!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 12, 2012 06:59

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

Gotta agree, his stint on the hated/dreaded AI and those cheesy burger king ads ruined (what was left of) his street cred, for me anyway... I hope, for his sake, that he was paid a lot of money for these... buc buc

What're ya talkin' about? Sixty-four-year-old millionaires are always hanging around Burger King, getting up to all sorts of hijinks.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home