Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Mick Taylor tour compensation
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:10

Not that it's really any of our business but I am curious as to whether MT was compensated for his role in the last mighty tour?

No doubt none of the others "guest artists" were given anything except their expenses related to showing up and getting home, the invaluable PR and boost from playing with the Stones and possibly some party favors; but it seems to me Mick was a bit more of a commodity. He certainly got me off my butt and hustling for tickets when they graced the California stages.

Anybody hear any rumours or otherwise relating to how well the Stones took care of little Mick this time out? Thanks. peace

Re: Mick Taylor tour compensation
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:18

What? Cheese Dip wasn't enough for him?

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:30

$50-100K per show sounds about right but I have no real idea.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:42

Someone seen MT in a new car?

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: August 1, 2013 23:28

ronkeith72

You can forget that

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 2, 2013 00:33

Hopefully he got some money that helps him to enjoy himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-02 00:34 by windmelody.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2013 00:46

ronkeith72

I disagree with you on the amount per show, but agree with you that you have no real idea.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2013 00:51

....he started out in sneakers then the ended the tour in blue suede shoes ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ash ()
Date: August 2, 2013 01:45

Given the excitement generated and the incredible vitality of the band on the limited number of songs he played on i would say that he should be compensated along the lines of getting his job back alongside Keith and Ron. Re-watching some of those clips is still blowing my mind. Not that the Stones were bad without him (they were often excellent) and not that he played as well as he used to (who did apart from CW and RW ?) but his presence was immense, as was the band when he came on. No reason they couldn't do a Brian Wilson and perform their best albums in their entirety in one evening with 3 guitarists (set 1 - beggars/bleed/fingers and set 2 - exile) preferably at the Royal Festival Hall over a week or two.
I'd pay a few hundred quid towards their retirement funds for that.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: August 2, 2013 01:55

Agreed! thumbs upcool smiley

Date: August 2, 2013 02:50

ash
perform their best albums in their entirety in one evening with 3 guitarists (set 1 - beggars/bleed/fingers and set 2 - exile) preferably at the Royal Festival Hall over a week or two.

What a friggin GREAT idea, as long as they followed up with a duplicate run at the Great American Music Hall or Saratoge Mountain Winery in the San Francisco Bay Area. That run of records still arouses and inspires me after all these years. peace

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: August 2, 2013 03:19

Naturalust
ash
perform their best albums in their entirety in one evening with 3 guitarists (set 1 - beggars/bleed/fingers and set 2 - exile) preferably at the Royal Festival Hall over a week or two.

What a friggin GREAT idea, as long as they followed up with a duplicate run at the Great American Music Hall or Saratoge Mountain Winery in the San Francisco Bay Area. That run of records still arouses and inspires me after all these years. peace

wineries are where washed-up bands play who haven't had a hit since 1970 play. the stones will never play wineries for the general public.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: August 2, 2013 06:43

Rockman
....he started out in sneakers then ended the tour in blue suede shoes ....

Actually, it was the other way around.
At 09:53 you can see a glimpse of the tip of the left blue suede shoe in this video from 9 March 2011.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-02 06:45 by SundanceKid.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: August 2, 2013 06:51

A wild guess... 3 to 5 grand a show?

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: August 2, 2013 07:25

ohcarol

I've no way of knowing.. but this seems right. I would hope the band picked up all accomodations and provided a stipend, even on the off day's of the North American dates.

Date: August 2, 2013 07:56

TonyMo
ohcarol

I've no way of knowing.. but this seems right. I would hope the band picked up all accomodations and provided a stipend, even on the off day's of the North American dates.

File under pointless speculation by Nosey Parkers.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 2, 2013 08:07

I don't understand the fascination with Mick Taylor's compensation package here.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2013 08:29

.... what about Mick's package Tele ?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 2, 2013 08:36

Rockman
.... what about Mick's package Tele ?

I should have known that was coming...

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: August 2, 2013 10:24

another question is was Mich T. with the rest of the boys during the tour or was everybody seperated in different hostels .....

DECCA61

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2013 10:26

my guess is that MT made more money on this tour than he earned during the last 25 years

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 2, 2013 14:05

I really hope they give him a little more prominent role if they tour more. The interplay between the 3 guitars is something worth some exploration.

Date: August 2, 2013 14:19

Maybe he's cashing in on stuff like this?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2013 14:48

DECCA61
another question is was Mich T. with the rest of the boys during the tour or was everybody seperated in different hostels .....

DECCA61

I know Mick's renowned for being a bit of a tight arse, but if they're grossing $4 million per show, I'd like to think the band would be staying somewhere more luxurious than a hostel!

Date: August 2, 2013 15:35

Gazza
I know Mick's renowned for being a bit of a tight arse, but if they're grossing $4 million per show, I'd like to think the band would be staying somewhere more luxurious than a hostel!

MJ did splash out a couple of times and booked them rooms at a Motel 6. Only the elderly bandmembers though - the others were not yet eligible for the Senior Citizen discount

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-02 15:37 by SundanceKid.

Date: August 2, 2013 21:45

sonomastone
Naturalust
ash

wineries are where washed-up bands play who haven't had a hit since 1970 play. the stones will never play wineries for the general public.

Haha, hate to burst your bubble there somastone but the Saratoga Mountain Winery is probably the best venue in the San Francisco Bay Area, settled in the Santa Cruz Mountains with a suberb acoustical bowl shaped layout and a setup which includes pretty high end food and drink. I've seen Tedeschi-Trucks Band and Neville Brothers there and the Stones would LOVE the place.

This year I know Buddy Guy , B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt, Los Lonley Boys, Lyle Lovett, Chris Issak and quite a few other acts will grace that stage.

Their concert schedules read like a who's who of current touring bands. Anyway the Stones had their best records done around 1970 and their set list is still stuck in that era so quite possibly you're on to something in any case. peace

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 3, 2013 01:17

The Stones idea of a small venue in the Bay Area is Oracle Arena. Those acts you mention draw a fraction of what the Stones pull in.

Date: August 3, 2013 01:34

TeddyB1018
The Stones idea of a small venue in the Bay Area is Oracle Arena. Those acts you mention draw a fraction of what the Stones pull in.

I was dreaming about quality not quantity..... peace

Date: August 3, 2013 02:07

71Tele
I don't understand the fascination with Mick Taylor's compensation package here.

Working musicians tend to want to know what the upper limit of "session" work is....peace

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: August 3, 2013 02:24

Supposing Mick T made $5K a show, that's a cool six figures for two months work playing a couple of tunes a night to adoring crowds while travelling five- star with the Rolling Stones.

Not only that but anyone with a set of ears and a soul knew when he was jamming Midnight Rambler it was the one glorious moment at the show where you could close your eyes and pretend you were on the audience when they recorded Brussels Affair.

I have no doubt he has an open offer from the Stones from now till the finish line.

He did great and I salute him!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-03 02:39 by andrewt.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home