Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Anti Keith vibe
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2011 19:52

Seems like Keith is stewing over events that took place a long time ago. It appears that Mick doesn't think about Keith as much as Keith thinks about Mick. Mick seems to likes pleasant things, positive things, at this stage in his life. I think that's why he came out and did the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concert and the Grammys. He's made no secret that he doesn't even listen to rock and roll all that much. He can't change the past and Keith can't let go of it.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 4, 2011 19:54

Sleepy City
There's a notable scene in the 2001 'Being Mick' documentary where Mick's at the premiere for the 'Enigma' movie, & both Ronnie & Bill are also there. I'm sure Charlie was invited too (& indeed may have even been there), but I somehow imagine that Keith wouldn't even want to be at an event to promote a non-Stones Mick Jagger project, & I strongly suspect that Mick wouldn't invite him...

Perhaps that's probably more based on respect (or lack of) than anything else. Maybe Keith was invited. Maybe he WASN'T. Regardless, supporting your BAND MATE is maybe not vital but it is nice. Maybe Keith was busy. But I agree with you that Mick didn't invite him.

He just knows better.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: March 4, 2011 21:00

Keith is a bitter old @#$%&. Too old and sick to play. He has lost all his creativity and talent, whereas Mick is still active, fit and good looking.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 4, 2011 21:18

Green Lady
Bliss
A lot of the disenchantment with Keith I feel is because his disparagement of Mick is so destructive to the Stones as an entity. For the Stones to exist, function and thrive, it is necessary for Mick and Keith to at least have a good working r'ship. Keith has seriously jeopardised that, and naturally people feel disappointed, angry and betrayed.

How do we know this? It might seem like an obvious conclusion to a lot of people that if they were Mick, that's how they would react, but where is the actual evidence that Mick has lost interest in the Stones because he's so fed up with Keith's behaviour, and for no other reason?

I read that Mick was furious and hurt at Keith's comments in 'Life'. It might be for other reasons besides Keith's book, but there is some evidence that Mick might be planning another solo career:

1. Mick's solo appearance at the Grammy's

2. Launch of Mick's new website

3. Mick in the recording studio with Dave Stewart.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 4, 2011 21:19

Bimmelzerbott
Keith is a bitter old @#$%&. Too old and sick to play. He has lost all his creativity and talent, whereas Mick is still active, fit and good looking.

sounds like the makings of a killer tour in 2012!!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 4, 2011 22:42

StonesTod
Bimmelzerbott

sounds like the makings of a killer tour in 2012!!!

You mean, nothing new under the sun?winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 5, 2011 00:16

a man who cant remember his life writes a book called life

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2011 00:29

melillo
a man who cant remember his life writes a book called life

Agreed...and yet if you read the book, incredible detail, especially in the name he "remembers". I can't remember who I spoke with yesterday, and he's got names and conversation details from 45 years ago.

I should get hooked on smack.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 5, 2011 01:04

Wyman said Keith had a surprisingly good memory, the best of the group other than himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-05 01:04 by 24FPS.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 5, 2011 01:41

keith has made it perfectly clear in interviews that the 70s are a blur

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2011 01:43

24FPS
Wyman said Keith had a surprisingly good memory, the best of the group other than himself.

Yes. Although he said that in 1982, it should be pointed out!

It probably still holds true, even though its natural that another three decades of high living may have affected it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2011 01:44

Bliss
Green Lady
Bliss
A lot of the disenchantment with Keith I feel is because his disparagement of Mick is so destructive to the Stones as an entity. For the Stones to exist, function and thrive, it is necessary for Mick and Keith to at least have a good working r'ship. Keith has seriously jeopardised that, and naturally people feel disappointed, angry and betrayed.

How do we know this? It might seem like an obvious conclusion to a lot of people that if they were Mick, that's how they would react, but where is the actual evidence that Mick has lost interest in the Stones because he's so fed up with Keith's behaviour, and for no other reason?

I read that Mick was furious and hurt at Keith's comments in 'Life'. .

If you read it, then it was someone else saying it (or making it up).

Mick hasn't really said much about it publicly, and he certainly hasn't said he was 'furious and hurt'.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: March 5, 2011 03:35

Will always respect Keith (and Mick) for writing MOST of the BEST songs in rock and roll IMHO; but, Keith threw another band under the bus in his biography besides Mick, and that happened to be the original founder of their band(despite what Keith says) Brian Jones. Everyone knows Brian sure wasn't perfect, and had a lot of "issues"...but really, he was an important element in the band and even helped teach Mick the harp and mentored Keith somewhat on the guitar in the very early days; and not giving Bill Wyman much credit either, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Its really too bad, because I've always loved the band since 1964, even more that the Beatles who were more popular at the time here in the USA. Like Doxa said, its just disappointing for a Stones fan. sad smiley

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: March 5, 2011 04:06

People, myself included, are just very disappointed, angry even, to realize that someone they once looked upon as some kind of hero, might actually be more of a complete bastard than they ever imagined possible.

It's always heartbreaking when you learn that the truths about your hero, don't quite match what you originally believed.

Date: March 5, 2011 04:09

Gazza
Bliss
Green Lady
Bliss

Mick hasn't really said much about it publicly, and he certainly hasn't said he was 'furious and hurt'.

'annoyed and maimed' maybe?

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: March 5, 2011 04:15

Well said!smiling smiley

Date: March 5, 2011 04:33

Blue
Well said!smiling smiley

Well...I can't imagine that he would be high fiving Keith for the todger thang...not that Keith mitts could take a proper high 5 anymore anyway.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 5, 2011 08:39

Gazza
Bliss
Green Lady
Bliss

It was an uncredited comment from 'someone in the Stones' circle', in a review of 'Life'. May or may not be true. In any case, Mick can't be thrilled to be made a figure of fun in a way he has no way of refuting, especially by his oldest friend and partner. But clearly he doesn't want to start another slagging match in the press. Just like on a message board...the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore him.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 5, 2011 11:58

Blue
Will always respect Keith (and Mick) for writing MOST of the BEST songs in rock and roll IMHO; but, Keith threw another band under the bus in his biography besides Mick, and that happened to be the original founder of their band(despite what Keith says) Brian Jones. Everyone knows Brian sure wasn't perfect, and had a lot of "issues"...but really, he was an important element in the band and even helped teach Mick the harp and mentored Keith somewhat on the guitar in the very early days; and not giving Bill Wyman much credit either, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Its really too bad, because I've always loved the band since 1964, even more that the Beatles who were more popular at the time here in the USA. Like Doxa said, its just disappointing for a Stones fan. sad smiley

The almost complete lack of credit & affection for Bill was probably the biggest disappointment of all to me (I wonder if his views would be slightly different if Bill had stayed in the band?). I somehow didn't expect him to give Brian the credit he deserves...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 5, 2011 12:16

bustedtrousers
People, myself included, are just very disappointed, angry even, to realize that someone they once looked upon as some kind of hero, might actually be more of a complete bastard than they ever imagined possible.

It's always heartbreaking when you learn that the truths about your hero, don't quite match what you originally believed.

<<< It's always heartbreaking when you learn that the truths about your hero, don't quite match what you originally believed >>>

Well either Mick or Keith themselves (can't remember which one - perhaps Keith talking about Chuck Berry now I think about it) have said that meeting one's hero invariably leaves one with a sense of disappointment. My own opinion is that fan worship is best conducted from a distance so to say; listen to the music, read the books, do all that stuff .... but leave it at that. I'm sure some 'heroes' do live up to expectations when their adoring fans get to meet them, but I'd hazard a guess that a significant proportion of them provide disappointment in varying degrees too.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 5, 2011 12:36

treaclefingers
I can't imagine that he would be high fiving Keith for the todger thang

Really very funny how this todger thing keeps coming up as if it is new.
Here is a Keith quote about Mick from 2005.
Published in a funny booklet called "STONE ME, the wit and wisdom of Keith Richards", compiled by Mark Blake in 2008.

Oh, his cock's on the end of his nose, and a very small one at that. Huge balls. Small cock. Ask Marianne Faithfull.

It wasn't a big issue (no pun intended) back then, was it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 5, 2011 12:36

skipstone

Why do you think he's been loaded for all these years?

haha...LOL very deep, and very true.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 5, 2011 13:22

Rolling Hansie
treaclefingers
I can't imagine that he would be high fiving Keith for the todger thang

Really very funny how this todger thing keeps coming up as if it is new.
Here is a Keith quote about Mick from 2005.
Published in a funny booklet called "STONE ME, the wit and wisdom of Keith Richards", compiled by Mark Blake in 2008.

Oh, his cock's on the end of his nose, and a very small one at that. Huge balls. Small cock. Ask Marianne Faithfull.

It wasn't a big issue (no pun intended) back then, was it ?

That's because fare fewer people read it, & it wasn't picked up by the world's press...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 5, 2011 15:11

Rolling Hansie

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Date: March 5, 2011 15:21

Sleepy City
That's because fare fewer people read it, & it wasn't picked up by the world's press...

That makes sense. But doesn't this also imply that the importance of Keith's words doesn't lie in the words themselves, but in the publicity they get ?

-------------------

Date: March 5, 2011 15:26

his cock's on the end of his nose

Maybe Keith was confused smiling smiley

© Sebastian Kruger

-------------------

Date: March 5, 2011 15:44

Or maybe he was thinking of Ronnie

© Sebastian Krüger

-------------------

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 5, 2011 17:26

Bliss
quote]

I read that Mick was furious and hurt at Keith's comments in 'Life'. It might be for other reasons besides Keith's book, but there is some evidence that Mick quote]

these are Mick's statements according to the NY Timnes:
"Personally, I think it's really quite tedious raking over the past," Jagger said in a new interview with the New York Times' T Magazine. "Mostly, people only do it for money."

and
"You don't want to end up like some old footballer in a pub, talking about how he made the cross in the cup final in 1964," Jagger told the paper when asked if he might consider writing his own tome.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 5, 2011 18:34

I don't think I will post anymore on the topic of "Life" after this. I enjoyed the book. Anyone who ever thought Keith perfect is kidding themselves the guy was a junkie/alcoholic for 30+ years which takes its toll on anyone including Keith. But its just Keith being Keith. He has been spewing this stuff since the mid-eighties. None of these guys are perfect especially Mick and Keith they both have flaws. The Keith bashing is foolish as is the Mick bashing. Let Keith say what he thinks. Is he jealous of Mick? Probably, but who cares. If Keith started saying nice about Mick then everyone would be bashing him for that too. The guy is an icon and has been the architect of some of the finest rock songs ever why beat him up now when he is obviously damaged from years of self abuse and a knock on the head. Let it go people!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 5, 2011 19:04

Keef is the Stones, Keef tells it like it is, Mick has a small cock and a wig

Keef will ride again, whether it be solo or with the Stones

Mick's solo effort will be watered down middle of the road tripe as usual

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home