Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Places in Memphis, TN related to the Stones.
Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: March 6, 2011 09:53

This past Thursday night, me and a friend were hanging out decided to go to Memphis on a whim. We made the 5 hour drive and by 4 am we were in Memphis. We got a room and a few hours sleep before taking a tour of Sun Studios (FANTASTIC) and then off to Beale St. It was both of our first times in Memphis and needless to say I fell in love with the city and will be back there very soon. Anyway, I was curious as to maybe some cool little places here and there that might be relevant to the Stones. I read on the Blues City Cafe's website that Charlie Watts has played there. Feel free to share other cool places in Memphis as well. Thanks ahead o' time.

Re: Places in Memphis, TN related to the Stones.
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 6, 2011 14:16

Feast at the Rendezvous --

"Today, several thousand people on an average Saturday night pour into our basement and sink their teeth into a slab of what makes Memphis, well, Memphis. Presidents and potentates, the King and the Killer, Rolling Stones, *NSYNC, and everybody who’s anybody have all been down for a bite."

Rendezvous website

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 6, 2011 14:43

Peabody Hotel
&
Charlie Vergos

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 6, 2011 15:50

I was born in Memphis. Go to Beale Street, which is very near the Peabody Hotel. Be sure to go to BB King's, and about 7 or 8 night clubs along historic Beale Street which specialize in black blues music. There is a CD store that sells music by Robert Johnson. Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and others.

Beale Street is the place to go.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 6, 2011 15:58

A gin-soaked barroom?

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 6, 2011 17:18

I was just here last summer (first visit to Memphis's most famous landmark, I'll let you people guess). Anyway, by the Fedex Forum, the Rock N Soul Museum (you have to go there), and Gibson is 3rd Street. However, this is the beginning of the famous Highway 61. Travel a few miles south and it becomes Highway 61.
As for Stones specific sites, I'm pretty sure they played at the Memphis Coliseum.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:39

They played at the Pyramid on the No Security tour.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 7, 2011 19:46

Not Stones related, but don't forget Graceland!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2011 15:31

Koen
Not Stones related, but don't forget Graceland!

They played Hound Dog in Memphis in 1978.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home