Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What was the best concert from "The Bigger Bang Tour?"
Posted by: keith1000 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 14:23

Honestly, The Bigger Bang is one of the best tours ever made in my opinion. I might have problem with the others ones but the only problem I have is that they are kinda old. But every tour since Steel Wheels have had that so it's not that bad. So what was the best concert from that tour?

Re: What was the best concert from "The Bigger Bang Tour?"
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 14:40

I doubt that anyone had listened to every show but in my opinion th US concerts from the fall of 2006 are the best concerts. I really liked the Atlantic city bootleg. The later concerts of 2007 were great too. But I didn't listened to them all.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 17, 2014 15:26

I'd highly recommend the Saitama 2006 DVD.

One of the finest performances from a rather un-even tour.
Perfectly filmed too!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 17, 2014 16:02

I saw a bunch of shows. Columbus and Atlantic city were the best of the ones that I saw.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 17, 2014 16:28

The DAC title of the 2007 Hungarian show is pretty good... Rattlesnake put out better-sounding rcordings but the gigs they chose to tape (which were early in the Euro '07 tour) were plain awful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-17 16:30 by dcba.

Date: January 17, 2014 16:34

Glasgow is very good.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: January 17, 2014 16:57

Atlantic City was great. They nailed Streets of Love

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2014 17:05

The El Paso to Austin leg was the peak...the Stones just love Texas...officially

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 17, 2014 17:07

I did 8 concerts during the Bigger Bang tour. My hometown of Pittsburgh was my favorite.

Date: January 17, 2014 17:07

Pierre's peak? winking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2014 17:21

Pierre, Bob Wills, Buddy Holly, Marty Robbins, me...you name it...we all peaked that weekend

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 17, 2014 17:22

I loved the one in Hersey, Pa and Phila., Pa.

It was early on the tour and I think they were great.

Everyone was rocking and having a great time!

Date: January 17, 2014 17:32

hot stuff
I loved the one in Hersey, Pa and Phila., Pa.

It was early on the tour and I think they were great.

Everyone was rocking and having a great time!

smileys with beer

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: January 17, 2014 18:08

Atlantic City for sure... I came in on a private plane and went home on a bus...

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2014 18:43

hockenheim95
I doubt that anyone had listened to every show but in my opinion th US concerts from the fall of 2006 are the best concerts. I really liked the Atlantic city bootleg. The later concerts of 2007 were great too. But I didn't listened to them all.

Some of the early shows on that leg are horrific. Keith appeared to be bordering on catatonic at times. Thankfully he/they pulled it together after about a month or so. That Atlantic City one you're referring to was indeed a really good one.

Hollywood Bowl November 2005 through to spring 2006 (ie pre-Fiji) was probably the most consistent part of the tour. I personally liked the Houston show from December 2005. The New York shows I attended in January 2006 were both terrific.

Date: January 17, 2014 18:44

Of the 8 Bigger Bang Stones concerts I attended my very favorites were:
Moncton NB (best crowd), Charlottesville VA (most unique because of the bomb threat which thank God was false), Baltimore MD (best old school small arena) and Beacon 2 NY (best special guest).
IMHO the musicianship was awesome at all of these concerts!

Date: January 17, 2014 18:47

ssprings
Atlantic City for sure... I came in on a private plane and went home on a bus...

I like doing stuff like this. Eat from a silver spoon, then from a dumpster.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: January 17, 2014 18:54

Little Rock

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: January 17, 2014 18:54

Porto 2006 was almost perfect even if Mick had trouble with his voice from Night Time till the end

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 17, 2014 19:03

Calgary was for sure the wildest crowd in the west and it was after a break of the Tour when they started again.
Hollywood Bowl 2 and San Diego I liked a lot

In Europe it was San Siro for the crowd (Italy just won the Soccer world Championship) and for the Stones it was for sure Lausanne.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 17, 2014 19:17

Atlanta 2005 was better than Atlanta 2006 IMHO. 2006 featured "Sway" and "Worried About You" though.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 17, 2014 19:21

I guess nobody is gonna say Buenos Aires, so I will say it (21/2 a really hot show) and 23/2 a very emotive one with a curtain of rain falling down)!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 17, 2014 20:04

Being at Austin, outdoors on a perfect evening in the park...it was really special. Great setlist with lots of surprises. Mac opening the show followed by Los Lonley Boys.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2014 21:25

I saw 25 shows in North America on the Bigger Bang Tour and my 5 favorites are:

1. Beacon Theatre, New York (both shows) - Interesting setlists, good performances and great seeing them in a smaller venue for a change. Plus we got to see Buddy Guy and Bill Clinton openn for them. It was a bit distracting having all those cameras and lighting equipment around but on the plus side we got to relive those shows a few months later when the film came out. And the tickets were only $35!

2. San Juan, PR - It was the first time they played in San Juan and although the setlist was pretty standard, the crowd was so totally into it - dancing in the aisles and clapping and singing along to all the hits - it felt more like a larger outdoor show than an arena. Plus it was great to be in sunny Puerto Rico in February.

3. Madison Square Garden #1, New York - Great energy, good setlist and the audience was pumped. Both MSG shows were great but the first was slightly better. The Garden is the BEST place in the world to see the Stones, IMO.

4. Austin, Texas - My favorite outdoor show of the tour. Great performance and interesting setlist...especially the Buddy Holly song Keith sang and the Bob Willis song. The crowd was great too. A great night in a great music town.

5. Hollywood Bowl #1,Los Angeles - "What a place!" Mick exclaimed as he stared out into the audience spread out high up on the hill, and I agree completely. The Hollywood Bowl is a beautiful place and it was a perfect night for a concert. The usually mellow LA crowd was uncharacteristically enthusiastic and attentive. There were celebrities everywhere and the Stones rose to the occasion to give one of their best performances of the tour. A truly memorable night in a historic venue.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-17 23:02 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 17, 2014 22:08

I think that these days, it's tough to find anyone who's listened to all of the shows, but in general, I think that they were better pre-Fiji, although Ronnie was fooling around a lot. The arena shows tend to sound better - Saitama is a great show. The LA Forum was also great. Of te larger venues, it's hard to argue with Buenos Aires or Rio. Post-Fiji, it all depended on how Keith was doing - Atlantic City and the second O2 show were damn good. I was at the first Beacon show, and thought it was very good, but thought the atmosphere was weird - prefer a show where real fans are on the floor, not actors and camera crews.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 17, 2014 22:38

I went to the Fall 2005 Hollywood Bowl show, and the November 2006 Dodger Stadium show, and to me there was no comparison. 2006 blew the doors off of 2005. Not that 2005 was bad, but the energy level was much higher in 2006. Keith was having a good night and Mick Jagger was on fire. The combination of the band and the pyrotechnic/lighting effects were staggering.

Date: January 17, 2014 22:48

michaelsavage
Atlantic City was great. They nailed Streets of Love

yeah! Mick totally kick butt on that song. I remember it well.

Date: January 17, 2014 22:50

ssprings

Ahh classic line by Mick.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 23:42

keith1000
Honestly, The Bigger Bang is one of the best tours ever made in my opinion.
apparently you didn't see any shows on Licks which was a far better tour --- set list wise and performance wise.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 18, 2014 01:19

Houston was the best I've seen them play. Pretty surprised.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home