Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cool Vid - 100 Riffs tell the story of Rock & Roll
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 10, 2014 00:55

spoiler - a familiar riff at #12 LOL

For fun, don't look at the titles and play "Name That Tune"!

Re: Cool Vid - 100 Riffs tell the story of Rock & Roll
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 10, 2014 14:27

Cool list, mister... But i think it had to iclude JJF's riff. And something from Kinks and Velvet Underground stuff.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 10, 2014 18:33

Hmmm.... Now i think the list should iclude atleast three classic songs (instead of three newer songs...):

Jumpin Jack Flash (Rolling Stones)
Aqualang (Jethro Tull)
You Really Got Me or Lola (Kinks)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 10, 2014 22:40

Ah, this is a great video. I'm sure many will find faults, but it's well put-together and thought out. It's a bit of fun. Good stuff!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 11, 2014 01:25

This video popped up on the Pearl Jam site a year or two ago and there was some talk about riffs that should have been included. The choice of Stones songs included was talked about quite a bit. Why Bitch was included over songs like Start Me Up or Brown Sugar got a lot of attention. They weren't saying Start Me Up was a better song than Bitch, just a more recognizable/historical riff. But if you're going to do it all with one guitar and one take, you have to commit to one tuning. And for the sake of this video it was standard tuning. I guess he could have done some standard tuning versions of Open G riffs, but they just never seem to sound quite right for many of those songs. And of course the endless line of Stones fans clogging up the comments section just to tell him he's playing it wrong probably helped in the decision.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 11, 2014 01:40

Here's another, more recent, '100 Riffs' video, featuring the same chap :-

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 11, 2014 16:07

That took a hell of a lot of skill and concentration ..all one take, no edits. Very entertaining and comprehensive. Yeah JJF should have been included ...but then there are so many great Stones intros.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home