Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Most overrated song ever
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: February 27, 2011 16:52

Imagine, by John Lennon. I love Lennon but always thought this song was overrated. I'll throw in another vote for Layla too.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 27, 2011 16:56

Stairway To Heaven.

There are a couple of Skynrd songs that are over cooked, as well as anything by Boston or any other city or state named US bands.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 27, 2011 18:39

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Posted by: stein ()
Date: February 27, 2011 18:43

rosanna

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2011 18:53

ablett
"Yesterday - Macca even sings like a shit. Absolutely out of tune. That Goofy stupid shit ass. Better him being killed than Lennon. Imagine Macca suing all the other ones in the band for money. Money, that's what Macca is all about. Having sued Lennon for money for more than a life time, then he steps out saying: I miss Lennon - how f***** hillarious can that be."

Can you be anymore immature?

The Goofy Macca look makes everybody think - oh what a nice guy he is.

Just forgetting that Macca was / is a cruel business man that goes after every single penny he can find.

He didn't want to go to receive the honour of being inducted in to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame together with Ringo and George.

Citation: "McCartney declined to attend, issuing a press release saying, "After 20 years, The Beatles still have some business differences which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven't been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion." The following year, EMI/Capitol settled a decade-long lawsuit by The Beatles concerning royalties, clearing the way to commercially package previously unreleased material."

Lennon called Macca's music - fx. Maxwell's Silver Hammer - granny music. That's probably why Beatles split, because Lennon in the end was sick and tired of Paul's granny music / pop style / sing along tralala music.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 27, 2011 19:04

ANYTHING by The Beatles... Ray Davies had far more talent than the "Fab (sic) 4" combined to write pure emotional pop tunes.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 27, 2011 19:13

dcba
ANYTHING by The Beatles... Ray Davies had far more talent than the "Fab (sic) 4" combined to write pure emotional pop tunes.

Oops.............I think Ray Davies did write a lot of emotional pop tunes .............but better then the Fab 4 ...I doubt

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: February 27, 2011 19:21

ROLLINGSTONE
Happy Birthday To You?

tongue sticking out smiley

Totally agree

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 27, 2011 20:04

mtaylor
ablett
"Yesterday - Macca even sings like a shit. Absolutely out of tune. That Goofy stupid shit ass. Better him being killed than Lennon. Imagine Macca suing all the other ones in the band for money. Money, that's what Macca is all about. Having sued Lennon for money for more than a life time, then he steps out saying: I miss Lennon - how f***** hillarious can that be."

Can you be anymore immature?

The Goofy Macca look makes everybody think - oh what a nice guy he is.

Just forgetting that Macca was / is a cruel business man that goes after every single penny he can find.

He didn't want to go to receive the honour of being inducted in to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame together with Ringo and George.

Citation: "McCartney declined to attend, issuing a press release saying, "After 20 years, The Beatles still have some business differences which I had hoped would have been settled by now. Unfortunately, they haven't been, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion." The following year, EMI/Capitol settled a decade-long lawsuit by The Beatles concerning royalties, clearing the way to commercially package previously unreleased material."

Lennon called Macca's music - fx. Maxwell's Silver Hammer - granny music. That's probably why Beatles split, because Lennon in the end was sick and tired of Paul's granny music / pop style / sing along tralala music.
So this is a reason to wish him dead?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 27, 2011 20:06

OhNoNotMeAgain
"Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen - and I'm a HUGE Springsteen fan.
I wouldn't call it overrated.Just overplayed.Their's a difference.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 27, 2011 20:31

"So this is a reason to wish him dead?"

Agreed, talk about prat....

Macca's music was 'granny' music. Please, like Lennon was renowned for being nice to everyone??

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: February 27, 2011 20:46

Mustang Sally

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 27, 2011 21:05

ablett
like Lennon was renowned for being nice to everyone??
lennon was a major a**hole at times look at the way he treated his son julian and on the anthology dvd it mentions he was known to make fun of the handicapped

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 27, 2011 21:29

Most embarrassing thing Lennon did back then ..........but on the other hand it was THE 60ties ...I think I was one of those who did this stupid things !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 27, 2011 21:31

Obviously, he watched too many Three Stooges episodes.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 27, 2011 22:08

Queen's opera omnia

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:24

You got me rocking

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:32

"Stairway to Heaven" also one of the most boring songs.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:34

Mustang Sally

Yeah a million bar bands and The Commitments slaughtered that one....

Still worth givin' the Mack Rice original a spin.......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:42

sweetcharmedlife
OhNoNotMeAgain
"Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen - and I'm a HUGE Springsteen fan.
I wouldn't call it overrated.Just overplayed.Their's a difference.

+1. One of the very few good things he's ever done. Singles like Born In The USA are much overrated though. I also like Stairway; probably only overplayed as well.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:44

all songs are rated perfectly

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 27, 2011 23:48

Popcorn and Happy Birthday to You.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:19

Let's see, Lennon's an a-hole for making fun of the handicapped, but Jerry Lewis is a genius. Please forgive me for all the inappropriate jokes I've made about people over the years. I even have to correct the voice in my head, who laughs at everything. A-hole.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:28

Freebird

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:36

mtaylor
Yesterday - Macca even sings like a shit. Absolutely out of tune. That Goofy stupid shit ass. Better him being killed than Lennon.

Interesting what´s possible to state here...with or without any consequences ?
Seriously,you´re completely nuts.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:37

Halleluja by Cohen. I liked it somewhat before but it has been done over and over and over and over lately. Everybody wants to do "Halleluja" for some big mysterious reason and after hearing it that many times on radio/sitcoms/news/in stores etc. I hate it and I don't find it good at all.

Stairway to Heaven also belongs among overrated songs, so does Wonderwall, Smells Like Teen Spirit and any hitsong from the 80's. ABBA also belong there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 00:39 by tonterapi.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:37

mtaylor
Yesterday - Macca even sings like a shit. Absolutely out of tune. That Goofy stupid shit ass. Better him being killed than Lennon.

Unquestionably the most idiotic post ever on this forum.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:38

better than Macca?...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 28, 2011 00:43

ghostryder13
ablett
like Lennon was renowned for being nice to everyone??
lennon was a major a**hole at times look at the way he treated his son julian and on the anthology dvd it mentions he was known to make fun of the handicapped

"One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside"

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 28, 2011 01:49

1. Anything by the beetels
2. Anything by queen

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home