Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Most overrated song ever
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: March 2, 2011 20:12

Muskrat Love

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 22, 2011 00:27

Intressting thread cause here from the posts you can easily find 50 of the best songs ever written...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-22 00:28 by Come On.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:07

Anything by the boss..somebody get that man some ex-lax.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:30

ab
Stairway to Heaven, followed closely by Free Bird. For most of the '70s and '80s, these two were inescapable on album oriented rock radio stations in the States.

People call Stairway the greatest rock song ever, but it's by no means Led Zeppelin's best song. Hell, it isn't even the best song on Led Zeppelin IV. The arrangement of the guitars and gradual build-up culminating in the guitar break is impressive enough, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the epic grandeur of When the Levee Breaks, Achilles Last Stand, and Kashmir, to name a few.

Free Bird's just a power ballad with a pretty good guitar break tacked on at the end.

They have been so overplayed they are impossible to listen to anymore. Suckfests.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:40

MadMax
Everything Pink Floyd released 'cept for the Ummagumma LP and some stuff on DOTM. but I mean, there's a lot of other, worse crap out there anyway, how can you slag off SMU or Baby Please Don't Go?

How can a magnificent masterpiece like "Echoes" from Meddle possibly be overrated in any sense of the word? Or what about "Atom Heart Mother" for that matter? Fantastic songs from great albums you rarely hear about. From a more well-known album, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is another masterpiece in the genre of rock. "Another Brick in the Wall pt2" however, is undoubtedly overrated.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:05

Yellow Submarine/Obla di obla da - The Beatles
Walk of Life - Dire Straits
Born in the USA - The Boss
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols
Fix You - Coldplay
Beautiful Day - U2
Every Breath You Take - The Police
Simply the Best - Tina Turner
Take On Me - A-ha

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:28

Sweet Child Of Mine

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Evergreen - I HATE THAT SONG!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:55

God Bless America. After 9/11 anyone going to a sporting event in the US had to stand reverently and listen to this piece of drivel.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 22, 2011 06:14

tatters
One Hundred Bottles Of Beer On The Wall

A close second: Billy Joel's Piano Man.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2011 06:46

71Tele
God Bless America. After 9/11 anyone going to a sporting event in the US had to stand reverently and listen to this piece of drivel.
Well,honestly listening to the star spangled banner before every single sporting event isn't much better. Can you imagine being a baseball player and having to listen to it 162 times plus pre and post season.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 22, 2011 07:09

sweetcharmedlife
71Tele
Well,honestly listening to the star spangled banner before every single sporting event isn't much better. Can you imagine being a baseball player and having to listen to it 162 times plus pre and post season.

I like God Bless America, it's fun on July 4th, when drunk, but anything can get old I suppose.

I'm Proud to be an American by who? Lee Greenwood? That one makes me want to vomit.

If one had a computer program with which to enter data on how to create a schlock, cliched, patriotic song that is what would come out. Dreadful drivel.

Agree about Stairway and Freebird being overplayed and perhaps overrated. I might like Freebird better. Zeppelin had so many quality songs that it's a shame Stairway gets such glory. If I had been at the 02 I could have done without it even. In fact if I had my choice to exclude that and get Living/Loving Maid(She's Just a Woman) I would gladly take it. I read that Zep Played Maid only once because they thought it too commercial? Anyone know more about that? What a shame. It is great!

While not a huge Macca solo fan, his quibbling over dividends does not warrant capital punishment. While Macca may watch the bottom line very carefully he has some good qualities that John fell short on, but, I think I've covered that subject already?

Anything by the Grateful Dead?

You two have lost all objectivity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-22 07:38 by deadegad.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 22, 2011 07:40

deadegad
sweetcharmedlife
71Tele

I like God Bless America, it's fun on July 4th, when drunk, but anything can get old I suppose.

I'm Proud to be an American by who? Lee Greenwood? That one makes me want to vomit.

If one had a computer program with which to enter data on how to create a schlock, cliched, patriotic song that is what would come out. Dreadful drivel.

Agree about Stairway and Freebird being overplayed and perhaps overrated. I might like Freebird better. Zeppelin had so many quality songs that it's a shame Stairway gets such glory. If I had been at the 02 I could have done without it even. In fact if I had my choice to exclude that and get Living/Loving Maid(She's Just a Woman) I would gladly take it. I read that Zep Played Maid only once because they thought it too commercial? Anyone know more about that? What a shame. It is great!

While not a huge Macca solo fan, his quibbling over dividends does not warrant capital punishment. While Macca may watch the bottom line very carefully he has some good qualities that John fell short on, but, I think I've covered that subject already?

Anything by the Grateful Dead?

You two have lost all objectivity.

Who has lost objectivity? Since when is objectivity a requirement for this board?
smoking smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 22, 2011 08:09

The objectivity comment is regarding 24fps & Bluzdude 2¢ on page 1.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 22, 2011 10:19

deadegad

I have been forced to listen to hours and hours of the Dead as well as seeing them....yes I would say having them rammed down might throat and in my ears might cause me to lose some objectivity...especially when every song sounds exactly alike.

Date: April 22, 2011 10:41

BluzDude
deadegad

I have been forced to listen to hours and hours of the Dead as well as seeing them....yes I would say having them rammed down might throat and in my ears might cause me to lose some objectivity...especially when every song sounds exactly alike.

if you think "truckin", "built to last", "terrapin station", "golden road", "ripple" and "whats become of the baby" and "fire on the mountain" sound the same you do more drugs than the members of the grateful dead

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home