Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - BB King
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:18

it was my friend Phil Collen's birthday last night (and my wife's today) so the four of us (Phil and our wives) went to see BB King. Really strong show - he is a masterful entertainer - i'd seen him with Frampton this summer- great, but too short a set. As a headliner, he really got to wander and stretch. But then we got to visit with him backstage for awhile afterwards and it was beyond thrilling. At 88 he is thoroughly engaged, and funny as hell. It was a dream for Phil - at 16 he got his first guitar and played his first BB lick. thought i'd share this moment - this is Phil and his wife.

Re: OT - BB King
Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:21

Very cool thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:34

I was horribly afraid this thread would be about his passing, so what a treat to see that great picture instead. smiling smiley

Date: December 9, 2013 17:45

Aquamarine
I was horribly afraid this thread would be about his passing, so what a treat to see that great picture instead. smiling smiley

he is alive, happy and KICKIN'

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:55

wow! great pic! I once had the opportunity to meet Bo Diddley. He signed my Live at the Ritz CD and we took a picture with him.

Date: December 9, 2013 18:01

this is my wife and me with him - eyes closed of course smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 9, 2013 18:15

Great to see.
Seen him play just the once at his place in NY.
The great bluesman is still looking pretty good and so cool at 88. smileys with beer

Date: December 9, 2013 23:12

one of the last originals still with us.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 9, 2013 23:16

Had the pleasure of seeing him at Glastonbury - he could still really play and command a stage. What an honour for the four of you to have met him.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 10, 2013 13:12

BB can still play. He's a treasure. He gave me a guitar pick once. Go see him while you can. The other guy people should go see while they still can is Merle Haggard. He hasn't lost anything either. An American treasure.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 10, 2013 13:31

BB King looks really great on those pictures. It seems to me that he's aging way better than Chuck Berry.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 13:32

Amazing man. The way he LIVES (and plays and looks...) at 88 is beyond unbelievable. I am lucky to have seen him twice and well, the idea of him travelling to Europe again is not absolutely unreal, is it?
Anyway, very nice pictures, hbwriter, you were very lucky you got backstage (your profession has something to do with it, right?), as far as I know it is pretty much impossible to get anywhere close to him these days, which is quite understood.

Date: December 10, 2013 13:37

That's great, Chris - BB is the man! thumbs up

Date: December 10, 2013 17:32

Happy24
Amazing man. The way he LIVES (and plays and looks...) at 88 is beyond unbelievable. I am lucky to have seen him twice and well, the idea of him travelling to Europe again is not absolutely unreal, is it?
Anyway, very nice pictures, hbwriter, you were very lucky you got backstage (your profession has something to do with it, right?), as far as I know it is pretty much impossible to get anywhere close to him these days, which is quite understood.

actually, profession didn't do much for this- they are super tight around him- my friend there phil collen from def leppard did have some connection and so the arrangement was made

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 10, 2013 19:20

What a thrill for you hbwriter, and your pictures are lovely keepsakes. thumbs up

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 13, 2013 00:42

Where's the "Like" button? Very glad to see Mr. King put on a great performance. He is a world treasure.

CBII

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 13, 2013 02:14

Excellent - thanks for sharing.
First saw BB King in 1978 - I thought he was a veteran then!

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: December 13, 2013 15:28

What a great picture. Imagine BB still going strong at age 88. Nothing less than remarkable. My mother (bless her soul) is 87 and can barely walk. Hope the Stones are still performing at that age!

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 14, 2013 08:19

Glad BB's still alive & kickin'! Saw him at the New Orleans Jazz Festival in the 70s....He headlined that day in his yellow tuxedo (his band sported baby blue tuxes) and we danced barefoot in the mud! cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home