Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg concert shirts
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 20, 2011 23:01

Has anyone bought any bootleg shirts at their shows? Got any fave ones. I got one in Seattle last tour, it was $20 bucks and the material wasnt too bad but great design. The pub bought them all up and the guy had to go get more. Sometimes these bootleg ones are better than the concert ones design wise.

Re: Bootleg concert shirts
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 20, 2011 23:03

I don't, but do you have a pic of the shirt?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 21, 2011 00:04

I bought one outside the Seattle 10/15/81 show. It was pretty goofy looking but I wore it over and over with pride nevertheless (being 16 at the time). It eventually became a rag and then turned to dust. It was black with different coloured sleeves( red in this case), like so many of those 80's rock tees.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2011 08:12

Some of the boots are better than what the Stones come up with. I don't know how many times I've headed to their merchandise booths all excited to walk away with nothing. I'm not sure if it was a boot, but I can kick myself for not getting a T-shirt with the Stones Steel Wheels logo on the front and Guns and Roses on the back to commemorate their shows at the L.A. Coliseum in '89.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 21, 2011 08:58

I don't remember whether this was bootleg or not. I bought this one at Kemper Arena, KC in 1981 during the additional tour of America.

This one is definitely bootleg.grinning smiley I bought this at Emotional Rescue era.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 21, 2011 09:02

this is a sloppy one:

a good one:

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 21, 2011 11:05

I always love the shirts that are made for that specific show. Great souvenirs.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 21, 2011 17:15

I often like the boots better than the real deal, regardless of the band. I have one on eBay right now, never worn. If it doesn't sell, I'll wear it this summer

[cgi.ebay.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 21, 2011 18:56

I don't know if it was a legit product or a boot, but I've got a Twickenham rugby shirt with the red rose on it, kind of integrated into the Stones tongue as well. I have two of them, and a bloody good thing it is that I bought two ... because one of them has sodding beer stains all over it !!! The other is immaculate, and it's staying that way (watch me eat my words in due course) !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: February 22, 2011 00:41

The bootleg ones from Wembley back in the 90s always looked like crap.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: February 22, 2011 04:43

Mant boot shirts are often better than the real McCoy!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2011 05:40

I couldn't believe it in Barcelona 07 when we were lined up outside the stadium and a bunch of bootleggers just worked the line of people very openly, they brought the shirts to us, and some very good ones at that.

plexi

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 22, 2011 06:07

The dragon and the Twick rose shirts were legit.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 22, 2011 06:14

Come On
this is a sloppy one:

a good one:

I like the first one if you dont want it dont throw it away send it to me! I saw it back in the 80s being sold in a souvenir store of all places.......where, Toronto.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2011 07:05

the latter one is not a boot. You can buy them on Wolfgang's Vault, so named after Bill Graham.

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home