Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: !972 Tour Jumpsuit For Sale
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 22, 2011 01:46

I'm not convinced it's the real thing and HOW would some girl that was Ozzie's house get away with the jumpsuit...and WHY would it be with, of all people OZZIE? Did Ozzie buy it for a keepsake? Sounds bogus!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 22, 2011 02:52

I contacted the seller on eBay and asked him how his ex-girlfriend came to be in posession of the jumpsuit, and he told me she was living in London in the 80's, and was "partying alot" with Ossie Clark and his friends and Ossie gave the jumpsuit to her as a "gift." (Maybe he owed her money for drugs? Maybe he was just being nice...who knows?) He said Mick brought it back to Ossie after the '72 tour for some alterations or repairs, then decided not to wear it again and told him he could keep it. I do think it's authentic or at the least, a copy made by Ossie Clark. However, unless the seller can get some kind of real documentation such as a receipt or signed letter - either from Ossie or someone in Jagger's organisation (preferably Mick himself) - he's going to have a hard time selling it for anywhere near his asking price of $25K.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-24 10:34 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 22, 2011 04:39

hbwriter
I think it looks pretty good--my first question to a buyer would be could i inspect it personally - here - it appears that the sequins look a bit bigger on the right image - but that could be an illusion

About that - wasn't there a mention somewhere (maybe on Harold's site) about Jagger having some extra shiny sequins put on his suit for a certain gig? The 7/26 maybe? I have always wondered what those suits feel like. If they are heavy velour, or if they are real light and flimsy.

I too have a tiny todger!

Posted by: peter ()
Date: February 24, 2011 07:27

I saw somewhere where the white suit that John Lennon wore on the cover of 'Abbey Road' sold at auction for $118,000 15 years ago....so maybe this guy's asking price is not so off the wall...IMHO....peter

Date: February 24, 2011 10:09

I'm getting confused... Is it Ossie Clark? Who is Ozzie Smith?

It will be interesting to see.
Even couture gowns are selling for that much.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 24, 2011 10:20

Sorry, that's my error. I meant to say Ossie Clark, not Ossie Smith. (I think Ossie Smith was a famous baseball player.) I've corrected the mistake on my post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-24 10:53 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home