Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

And on piano......Keeeeith Richards!
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:07

Dylan switched to the keys when his fingers were giving him jip. As long as an artist can get their point across should it matter which instrument they use?

Keith can obviously play - his playing on the Nearness of You (VL bootleg) is lovely.

It could be the re-invention of Keef! No more fumbling and stumbling all over the fretboard as he staggers and poses round the stage, struggling to get something reminiscent of a guitar solo out. Just translate that feel that I'm sure is still in him into a medium that won't be hindered by his swollen fingers.

PS - I'm only half joking. winking smiley

Re: And on piano......Keeeeith Richards!
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:10

PS - I'm only half joking

Half?!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:15

Yeah, that would definitely go over well. Try suggesting it at KeithRichards.com or his FaceBook page.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:18

He could give up the guitar & use a variety of different instruments instead - that way he'd be the new Brian Jones! winking smiley

Date: February 17, 2011 14:20

Time for someone to link to the Youtube clip of "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby?" on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Just as relevantly what about the alternate performance clip of "Angie" with Mick Taylor on piano. Maybe Taylor can rejoin as keyboardist. Just as relevant, but somehow not something you'll hear people requesting.

Date: February 17, 2011 14:22

Rocky Dijon
Time for someone to link to the Youtube clip of "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby?" on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Just as relevantly what about the alternate performance clip of "Angie" with Mick Taylor on piano. Maybe Taylor can rejoin as keyboardist. Just as relevant, but somehow not something you'll hear people requesting.

And Ronnie Wood plays piano on 'You Don't Have To Mean It' on Four Flicks!

Date: February 17, 2011 14:24

Rocky Dijon

And those 'Charlie Is My Darling' drunken clips with Mick & Andrew.

Date: February 17, 2011 14:32

Rocky Dijon
Yeah, that would definitely go over well. Try suggesting it at KeithRichards.com or his FaceBook page.

It wasn't a suggestion as such - of course I don't think Keith becoming the - or a - Stones piano player is in the realms of possibility.

It just came from a thought that it's kind of a shame that we've had virtually nothing artisically from Keith in this latter stage of his career.

I think artists should be able to adpat to whatever situation they find themselves in. I'm sure I'm in fantasy-land here, but I really think it would be great to see/ hear Keith expressing himself musically and not being constricted to the point of not actually being able to make music - as seems to be the case nowadays.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 17, 2011 15:00

"his playing on the Nearness of You (VL bootleg) is lovely."

That was 93 (or 94?) and I thought "my God this is horrible when compared to what he did in 1981" so... are you sure you're right?

Date: February 17, 2011 15:01

I know what you mean but we also don't have proof that Mick can do an entire show any more. Neither Glimmer Twin have performed a concert in nearly four years.

Date: February 17, 2011 15:38

dcba
"his playing on the Nearness of You (VL bootleg) is lovely."

That was 93 (or 94?) and I thought "my God this is horrible when compared to what he did in 1981" so... are you sure you're right?

Well, it sounded lovely to my ears - from the first time I heard it on the soundtrack to the film Basquiat.

Each to his/ her own though. smiling smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 17, 2011 15:43

His ego will not allow it,he loves all the posing,maybe they could unplug his guitar and just let him pretend that he is playing,and he could be all over the stage,doing his moves.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: February 17, 2011 15:57

I for one, would love to hear Keith on piano again. Apartment #9 was great with the Barbarians.Not to mention his piano demos. I did hear him play a few licks during Honky tonk Women in Miami ..got to tell him in person in CT how I enjoyed his piano playing. They could do some very intersting stuff if they decided to head in that direction...

Count me in!

Date: February 17, 2011 16:50

Every Rolling Stone apart from Charlie has played piano on stage & / or on TV...

I was surprised to see Bill playing keyboards (& Ronnie playing bass) on 'Fingerprint File' on the L.A. Forum '75 bootleg DVD when I re-watched it again recently.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:54

dylan could have switch to bag-pipe, his dylan..Keith is the rhythm-guitar in The Rolling Stones...Piano? No way...

2 1 2 0

Date: February 17, 2011 17:04

Come On
dylan could have switch to bag-pipe, his dylan..Keith is the rhythm-guitar in The Rolling Stones...Piano? No way...

Certainly not full-time... but we all know that the band are far more versatile in the studio, so why not live?

It was great to see Mick playing lead guitar ('Back Of My Hand') during the last tour.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 17, 2011 18:03

Maybe in 2024 on their easy blues clubtour

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 17, 2011 18:12

i like it. and when one of those stage-stormers comes out there - they'll definitely regret it when keith picks up that baby grand and smashes it over his head....great theater! of course, in this case, keith won't be paying for the bail...he'll be paying for the funeral.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-17 18:13 by StonesTod.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: February 17, 2011 19:15

Oh Yeah, and Chuck could switch to guitar.....

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: February 17, 2011 19:31

Rocky Dijon

yeah, I was at the Sullivan show that day
RB

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 17, 2011 19:36

"Sleep Tonight" and "Memory Motel" are some nice keyboard work by Keef.

Date: February 17, 2011 23:32

I'm waiting for Darryl to take over the vocal-job for the next Stone- tour...isn't that a great idea?

2 1 2 0

Date: February 18, 2011 00:44

Not to take away from Keith, but Mick's piano playing on "Memory Motel" was brilliant.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 18, 2011 00:53

Rocky Dijon
Not to take away from Keith, but Mick's piano playing on "Memory Motel" was brilliant.

mick and keith were a regular ferrante and teicher on that one....

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: February 18, 2011 06:44

I wouldn't mind hearing more of Keith's piano playing, but at this point I think its highly unlikely, due to his brain injury and the powerful medication that he has to take for it, which effects his memory and muscle movements to a degree. He knows the fretboard inside and out, but he probably has to think about where the notes are a lot more when playing a keyboard.

Besides, I'm not so sure that playing keyboard is any easier than playing guitar with arthritis. I play guitar all the time and my hands rarely bother me, but an hour or two on the keyboard and I've got some stiff aching hands.

Date: February 18, 2011 12:01

Come On
I'm waiting for Darryl to take over the vocal-job for the next Stone- tour...isn't that a great idea?

No

Date: February 18, 2011 12:09

so you haven't heard his gentle baritone I presume...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 18, 2011 17:34

If he was to give up the guitar for piano,he couldn't do all these moves in this video,on second thought, he can't do them anymore guitar or no guitar,but it was fun.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home