Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
McCartney on the Stones - NME/Howard Stern/Die Welt
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:02

Haven't seen the full NME interview for context, but the dubious Contact Music/WENN claims McCartney "is convinced he is responsible" for getting the Stones back together.

"They wanna be part of what I'm doing. 'Cos I've been touring quite consistently. But it's what we do, it's the thing we're best at. And we've had a lot of practice and we've got a lot of music to draw from.
So, it's really natural that if the Stones are getting on - which they are - they come out."

[www.nme.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 05:31 by bye bye johnny.

Re: McCartney on the Stones - NME, October 5
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:14

He doesn't feel old, nor looks it thanks to air-brushing. That isn't necessary. He's an aging musician who is still fortunate and healthy enough to perform and tour. I mean we all want to look and feel young which is okay to a certain degree, in this photo he looks like he's in his early forties. Maybe he had no say in the matter. I haven't read the article either, but I think it's a bit of stretch taking responsibility for getting the Stones back together. Wonder what they have to say on the matter.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:39

looks kind of smug...

Date: October 2, 2013 20:41

"Thanks to airbrushing"

Good one, Bellajane! thumbs up

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:47

smileys with beer

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:57

Macca's actually keeping his touring schedule pretty light when you really look at the numbers, since 2009 he has played between 20-30 shows each year. That's not exactly grueling. Obviously his shows are a good hour + longer than the Stones but i'm just saying --- it's not like Macca is doing 50-100 shows a year.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:59

The motivation for both Stones and McCartney touring is the same, really.

Physical ability, desire to perform (still), and (of course) the money is great.

Maybe this is what McCartney is suggesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 21:00 by nightskyman.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 2, 2013 21:37

Still the same old Macca shit. First they copied the Beatles and now
he even got them out of the grave. yawning smiley

Date: October 2, 2013 22:43

Bellajane
He doesn't feel old, nor looks it thanks to air-brushing. That isn't necessary. He's an aging musician who is still fortunate and healthy enough to perform and tour. I mean we all want to look and feel young which is okay to a certain degree, in this photo he looks like he's in his early forties. Maybe he had no say in the matter. I haven't read the article either, but I think it's a bit of stretch taking responsibility for getting the Stones back together. Wonder what they have to say on the matter.

I think the Stones would tell you that "The Mighty Stones Watchcrow of Doom" provided far more inspiration for them to come back than McCartney did! And, I would agree with them! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: October 2, 2013 22:57

Good for Paul. Who are we to disagree?

Did he say anything about The Sons of The Beatles?

Date: October 2, 2013 23:04

BlackHat

Did he say anything about The Sons of The Beatles?

If Paul had any vision he would retire and manage the sons. Who knows, maybe he does someday. I think he would make a great coach.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 2, 2013 23:07

He doesn't say The Stones are following him. He says that their motivation for keep going is the same he has. He doen't try to make himself better.

Date: October 2, 2013 23:15

Blueranger
He doesn't say The Stones are following him. He says that their motivation for keep going is the same he has. He doen't try to make himself better.

Paul is a pretty decent and humble fellow. I am sure he wasn't trying to take credit for inspiring the Stones to come back. He knows damn well that it was "The Mighty Stones Watchcrow of Doom" that deserves most of the credit! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 2, 2013 23:34

BlackHat
I was certain he would show up to guest with them. When The Stones played Brooklyn he was in town... Seems to me a no-brainer considering the guests they marched out.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 3, 2013 00:13

Another quote from the interview with Matt Wilkinson:

MW: Did you see them recently?

"Yeah. They're a great band. I've always followed the Stones, always been to their concerts and stuff. I saw them at the Barclays Centre in New York after they'd just done the O2. They were good. They were playing well. Keith and Ronnie were playing very well."

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 3, 2013 00:28

bye bye johnny
Another quote from the interview with Matt Wilkinson:

MW: Did you see them recently?

"Yeah. They're a great band. I've always followed the Stones, always been to their concerts and stuff. I saw them at the Barclays Centre in New York after they'd just done the O2. They were good. They were playing well. Keith and Ronnie were playing very well."

I saw him from very close at Barclay's 6 months after the Stones and it was a great, upbeat show. He looked and moved like he was 15 years younger. I also saw the Stones there and Keith looked and moved like he was 95 (at least in my 60 year-old, seen a lot of old guys eyes). I agree with Paul though - they played "very well"! No Taylor though.confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 00:30 by bleedingman.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: October 3, 2013 00:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 09:15 by bv.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: October 3, 2013 03:17

Saw Mcca in Milw. and every time he rose from the keyboard, he had to pull the "old man Hitch" - neither Mick nor Leonard Cohen had to to that.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: October 3, 2013 03:18

Saw Macca in Milw. and every time he rose from the keyboard, he had to pull the "old man Hitch" - neither Mick nor Leonard Cohen had to to that. Still a good show, but The Stones were better the month or so before in Chicago.

Date: October 3, 2013 05:58

Fantastic article. Nice to see Paul admit that there is competition among musicians. Nice to see any musician tell it like it is rather than pretending that it doesn't exist.

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: October 3, 2013 10:08

duke richardson
looks kind of smug...

And with good reason .....

he's a top bass player.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 3, 2013 15:53

and he was in the greatest rock n roll band in the world >grinning smiley<

Date: October 3, 2013 16:15

rock n roll band

Date: October 3, 2013 16:20

Date: October 3, 2013 16:21

I know smiling smiley But there was always a greater (and better) rock'n'roll band than the Beatles out there.

They were best at what they did, though - far better than the others thumbs up

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: October 3, 2013 16:47

DandelionPowderman

thumbs up

Date: October 3, 2013 17:58

svt22
DandelionPowderman

thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 3, 2013 20:28

bye bye johnny
Haven't seen the full NME interview for context, but the odious Contact Music/WENN claims McCartney takes credit for getting the Stones back together.

"They wanna be part of what I'm doing. 'Cos I've been touring quite consistently. But it's what we do, it's the thing we're best at. And we've had a lot of practice and we've got a lot of music to draw from.
So, it's really natural that if the Stones are getting on - which they are - they come out."

[www.nme.com]

Touring quite consistently - he has had long long breaks, much longer than Stones ever had. Same old bullshit from good old Goofy Macca.

Date: October 3, 2013 20:38

He loves the competition.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 3, 2013 20:42

ash
and he was in the greatest rock n roll band in the world >grinning smiley<

He Was Not in the Stones!! Too much drugs, alcohol will knock your brains out.

thats obvious now. hahahahaha

Jeroen

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home