Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No new tracks on Hyde Park CD
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 9, 2013 04:57

Any conclusions to be drawn that they didn't knock out another couple of new cuts for this release? I was hopeful there would be a quick trip to the studio, a la Flashpoint.

Re: No new tracks on Hyde Park CD
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 9, 2013 05:41

They have written 5 songs since A Bigger Bang (nearly a decade ago!), 2 of them were already used on GRRRR! and they need to save the other three new ones for their next studio album which will (apart from these three) consist of studio remakes of their classic hits.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2013 07:23

alimente
They have written 5 songs since A Bigger Bang (nearly a decade ago!), 2 of them were already used on GRRRR! and they need to save the other three new ones for their next studio album which will (apart from these three) consist of studio remakes of their classic hits.

WTF?

How do you know this or are you speculating. Studio remakes of classic hits, why would they do that?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 9, 2013 10:24

alimente

One Last Shot is a Talk is Cheap outtake, not a 'new' track.

Mathijs

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 9, 2013 10:42

treaclefingers
alimente

WTF?

How do you know this or are you speculating. Studio remakes of classic hits, why would they do that?

There is really a lot of people here that always know exactly what will happen. Just ask them and they will tell you exactly where and when will the next leg of the tour start.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: September 9, 2013 10:47

Happy24
treaclefingers
alimente

WTF?

There is really a lot of people here that always know exactly what will happen. Just ask them and they will tell you exactly where and when will the next leg of the tour start.
I agree and they will give you the setlist, ticket price and flights numbers to reach their shows.

Date: September 9, 2013 17:09

Mathijs
alimente

Mathijs

Uuuuh, then it's only 4 newly written songs in nearly a decade since A Bigger Bang - thanks for the correction. Then again, if the remaining three are exactly "newly written" or remakes of older ideas or outtakes from god-knows-when remains to be seen when they actually release them.

Date: September 9, 2013 17:11

treaclefingers
alimente

WTF?

Well, they sold us enough live remakes of their classic hits so far, so why not studio remakes for a change?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 9, 2013 17:17

alimente

hahahahahahahah
Good One Alimente!!!!!!!
I wet myself when i readit.

Great stuff !!
jeroen

Date: September 9, 2013 19:38

alimente
treaclefingers
alimente

WTF?

Well, they sold us enough live remakes of their classic hits so far, so why not studio remakes for a change?

Nice. But why not just remove the audience noise from the live recording and call it a new studio remake? It would save them a lot of time.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 9, 2013 19:46

I'm looking forward to the next greatest hits compilation...it's been awhile...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 9, 2013 20:10

hot smileysmileys with beer
Munichhilton

Date: September 9, 2013 22:29

treaclefingers
alimente
treaclefingers
alimente

WTF?

Nice. But why not just remove the audience noise from the live recording and call it a new studio remake? It would save them a lot of time.

Be careful what you wish for! They might jump on your idea when they get aware of it!

Btw, they did it before and it created a great result - the promo only version of Out Of Control - recorded live at MSG, having all audience noises removed.

Date: September 9, 2013 22:47

Munichhilton

Absolutely! What's really missing in my collection is a "Greatest Hits Of The New Millennium-collection", consisting of "Don't Stop", "Streets Of Love" and "Doom & Gloom". A 3 track EP, could be cheap for a change! Plus the Super Deluxe Edition with the b-sides, "Plundered My Soul" and "No Spare Parts" and a giant poster showing Mick and Keith sharing the same mic from the Beacon Theatre show for us sentimental superfans - not so cheap, but we're used to it by now.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 9, 2013 23:02

Mathijs
alimente

Mathijs

Never read/heard that before, nothing comes close on the circulating TIS outtakes either, so what's your source ?

As for the OP's question, dunno, having new studio tracks for Highwire really didn't make much sense...I think Mick had that backing track from the SW sessions (or so he told RS at the time) on which he slapped on some lyrics and someone (certanly doens't sound like Keith or Ronnie) threw in a nice solo. Winging it, Glimmer Twins style!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 9, 2013 23:04

alimente
Munichhilton

Absolutely! What's really missing in my collection is a "Greatest Hits Of The New Millennium-collection", consisting of "Don't Stop", "Streets Of Love" and "Doom & Gloom". A 3 track EP, could be cheap for a change! Plus the Super Deluxe Edition with the b-sides, "Plundered My Soul" and "No Spare Parts" and a giant poster showing Mick and Keith sharing the same mic from the Beacon Theatre show for us sentimental superfans - not so cheap, but we're used to it by now.

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not sure any of those songs you name are that great...how would they fit on a greatest hits EP? Isn't that false advertising?

Date: September 9, 2013 23:10

Munichhilton
alimente
Munichhilton

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not sure any of those songs you name are that great...how would they fit on a greatest hits EP? Isn't that false advertising?

Look...all these songs are one either Forty Licks or GRRR!, which are greatest hits collections, therefore they must be greatest hits.

Get with the program!

Date: September 10, 2013 02:36

Munichhilton
alimente
Munichhilton

False advertising? Not really. See, it's "Greatest Hits Of The New Millenium"!

Btw, we already have a new greatest hits-thingy already...other bands would have called it "Greatest Hits Live", but the Stones creative marketing department titled it "Sweet Summer Sun"!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 10, 2013 03:13

Munichhilton

I think it's time they broke into uncharted territory and just started compiling the compilations, since so many of them are out of print and those original mixes are now unavailable.

"Best of Hot Rocks to GRRR!"

"Hot Rocks and Cold Comps"

"Greatest Hits from the Greatest Comps"

and for the Deluxe version:

"50 Mixes of 20 Hits"

Date: September 10, 2013 03:16

stonehearted
Munichhilton

I think it's time they broke into uncharted territory and just started compiling the compilations, since so many of them are out of print and those original mixes are now unavailable.

"50 Mixes of 20 Hits"

My preference would be to see "50 Previously Licked" as the compilation of compilations.

That's got legs baby.

Date: September 10, 2013 03:30

stonehearted
Munichhilton

"50 Mixes of 20 Hits"

I really really like the direction your taking this...I really do...#3 being the obvious winner..."50 Hits To The Body (of work)" was what I was going with, but not anymore...

Date: September 10, 2013 03:31

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
alimente
Munichhilton

Look...all these songs are one either Forty Licks or GRRR!, which are greatest hits collections, therefore they must be greatest hits.

Get with the program!

But are they 'great'...are they in Canada?

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 10, 2013 03:56

Haven't you discovered that we are reaching the end of the band's lifetime? They are old men with nothing to prove. I'm glad they are even still playing concerts.

Date: September 10, 2013 04:03

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
alimente
Munichhilton

Get with the program!

But are they 'great'...are they in Canada?

The only thing that is considered great is the Great White North....

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: September 10, 2013 04:08

Didn't know that about "One last shot". Wonder why Keith didn't use it for his second solo out or the Stones for VL which it would have fitted in nicely to me finks.

Not that it matters but I was never hot on the idea of tacking on a cpl new songs that started with Flashpoint if I'm not mistaken.

40 Licks would have been better with other hits like "As tears go by", "Waiting on a friend", "Harlem shuffle" and "Little red rooster" (or something like that) and having "Don't stop" as a single release only to promote the album and tour.

Same with the ones on Grrr. But anyways.

Date: September 10, 2013 04:37

Blueranger
I'm glad they are even still playing concerts.

For us bastards?

Date: September 10, 2013 04:49

Mathijs

Mathijs

I've been unable to locate any sources to verify this. All that's been mentioned according to any online sources is that this track was the result of the 2011 sessions with Steve Jordan, one of the "two or three tracks" Keith mentioned he was working on at the time.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 10, 2013 12:20

Mathijs
alimente

Mathijs

Does that go so far back? Mamma mia...

Mick: "Okay, we need two new tracks to spice up the collection. I just made a few to warm up myself for the tour, and I think one is suitable for that. Keith, you had any?"

Keith: "Surely, mate. The antenna's out all the time."

[Then flies back home to check the vaults... "damn, nothing here or here... A BIGGER BANG? what was that?.. did I do anything? Seemingly not...LICKS... some unworked jams and Ronnie's stuff....shit,there must be something more .. no.. BRIDGES.. no... VOODOO.. no no.... MAIN OFFENDER... oh no fvck no.... yes! dammit! there is it, one from TALK IS CHEAP sessions. I knew it! I knew it! There had to be something!"]

smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 12:23 by Doxa.

Date: September 10, 2013 12:26

Doxa
Mathijs
alimente

Mathijs

Does that go so far back? Mamma mia...

Mick: "Okay, we need two new tracks to spice up the collection. I just made a few to warm up myself for the tour, and I think one is suitable for that. Keith, you had any?"

Keith: "Surely, mate. The antenna's out all the time."

[Then flies back home to check the vaults... "damn, nothing here or here... A BIGGER BANG? what was that?.. did I do anything? Seemingly not...LICKS... some unworked jams and Ronnie's stuff....shit,there must be something more .. no.. BRIDGES.. no... VOODOO.. no no.... MAIN OFFENDER... oh no fvck no.... yes! dammit! there is it, one from TALK IS CHEAP sessions. I knew it! I knew it! There had to be something!"]

smoking smiley

- Doxa

He didn't bother using one of his NEW tracks he cut with Steve Jordan, tracks that some people here at IORR actually have heard, and thought sounded great drinking smiley

Date: September 10, 2013 12:43

If One More Shot comes from Talk Is Cheap, then that just shows how TIC would not have worked as a Stones album--at the very least, it would have ended up as Talk Is At A Super Discounted Rate, because in Mick Jagger's hands and at his stubborn insistence, tracks like Take It So Hard would have wound up overproduced what with being drenched in those late 80s production values Mick was so fond of at the time.

Compare the sounds and production of Primitive Cool with Talk Is Cheap and ask yourself, how do you really want a Stones album to sound--gutsy and raw, or gimmicky flavor of the month?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home