Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jerry Lee Lewis Europe 2013
Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: August 14, 2013 21:30

JERRY LEE LEWIS
EUROPE 2013

30.08.13 - Tromso, Norway - Dognvill Festival

Re: OT: Jerry Lee Lewis Europe 2013
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 14, 2013 23:00

Just went to his new bar on Beale St. in Memphis, had a fantastic entertainer, Jason James. Played Jerry Lee style piano...and then played a nice hollow bodied Gibson on such things as Let it Roll, Johnny B. Good, etc.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:32

Hopefuly he won't travel to Europe only to play one festival. Saw him 4 years ago and would not hesitete to go again.

What is confusing, is that the festival in Norway is in 2 weeks, I can't see any time for announcing more dates. There surely is demand, but I can't see him selling out a tour in a week or two. So will he really fly to Europe to play one show? Will he spend two days on a plane to play for one hour?

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:51

Happy24
Hopefuly he won't travel to Europe only to play one festival. Saw him 4 years ago and would not hesitete to go again.

What is confusing, is that the festival in Norway is in 2 weeks, I can't see any time for announcing more dates. There surely is demand, but I can't see him selling out a tour in a week or two. So will he really fly to Europe to play one show? Will he spend two days on a plane to play for one hour?

saw him 4 times (one time he also played a request from me), last time i was at his hotel with the band (he refused to come down) jerry is far better now, than he was the last 10 years or so, would go to see him, but only if he´s near and at a responsible price. on the other hand, i belive it when he´s in europe, so many cancelled gigs the last years...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 15, 2013 11:15

Would love to see the Killer in action again!

Date: August 15, 2013 18:43

Happy24

Of course it is amateurish to book just one date.

But if the money is right I am sure there is a good chance he will come over for just one date.

Date: August 22, 2013 23:21

Tickets

Tromso: [www.ticketmaster.no]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-22 23:23 by WolfgangG.

Date: September 6, 2013 14:41

I found some youtube clips from Tromso and Jerry Lee sounds really great. It is a shame that this was a one-date tour.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 6, 2013 19:50

So-so quality video clip available here....but it seems to be rocking: [www.frequency.com]

Date: September 6, 2013 20:00

Jerry Lee Lewis in Tromsø....from the Tromsø newspaper

(c)= Nordlys

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-06 20:01 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 6, 2013 21:04

He looks really alert in these photos: now if he could do another album, without guests.

Date: September 6, 2013 21:11

In a norwegian lusekofte, LOL! thumbs up

Date: September 6, 2013 21:22

DandelionPowderman
In a norwegian lusekofte, LOL! thumbs up

Yes, that's gotta be a gift to Jerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 22:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 7, 2013 10:14

tomcasagranda
He looks really alert in these photos: now if he could do another album, without guests.

i think there is one in the can, he recorded something, also the mean old man songs sound better without the guests...

Date: September 7, 2013 13:08

bluesinc.
tomcasagranda

i think there is one in the can, he recorded something, also the mean old man songs sound better without the guests...

Of course Middle Age Crazy sounds better without guests, ditto Rockin' My Life Away. There's a little known fact, though, that on the 1977 original version of Middle Age Crazy, Jerry Lee doesn't play piano, and that it is Hargus "Pig" Robbins who's the pianist.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 7, 2013 19:52

He looks like he's come straight out the old folks home. Come on, the cardie?? You're supposed to be the killer!!! winking smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 7, 2013 19:55

He IS the Killer - cardie or no cardie!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:06

teleblaster
He IS the Killer - cardie or no cardie!

Yeah, he absolutely is. It's great to see the old-timers still thinking it's 1957 winking smiley

Date: September 7, 2013 21:13

Big Al
He looks like he's come straight out the old folks home. Come on, the cardie?? You're supposed to be the killer!!! winking smiley

Have you read Nick Kent's The Dark Stuff ? The Killer is still The Killer in a reindeer sweater.

OK, he makes some fashion faux passes, but don't we all ? When you consider what his peer group wore, then a cardigan isn't too bad. Do you remember Elvis in the jump suits, Carl Perkins with his wig and blue jump suits, and sometimes Johnny Cash wore black encrusted rhinestones, and fancy cowboy boots ? I can remember a BBC2 show called Sing Country, and Carl Perkins appeared on it, wearing a pastel blue jumpsuit, a large belt, and an awful wig. Likewise, Johnny Cash appeared on it, with an horrendously large backing band, and being a family entertainer.

The Killer appeared on it a few times: I can remember him appearing with Carl Perkins, when Carl was in the aforementioned blue jumpsuit, and he destroyed Carl, duetting on Matchbox and Blue Suede Shoes. The Killer did make a good fashion choice, wearing a black V Neck jumper, shades, and jeans. Likewise, I can remember seeing him in 1985 in a pink dress shirt, and dark trousers, and a three piece brown suit in 1987.

Date: September 9, 2013 10:11

Big Al

If you look at the photos, he doesn't look much rock'n'roll. I remember, that when I saw him 4 years ago, he had to be supported when he walked on/off the stage. BUT once he starts to play, the magic is thare and he sounds absolutely great and fresh, which is obvious even from the rather bad quallity YouTube videos from Tromso.

Date: September 9, 2013 15:00

Happy24
Big Al

If you look at the photos, he doesn't look much rock'n'roll. I remember, that when I saw him 4 years ago, he had to be supported when he walked on/off the stage. BUT once he starts to play, the magic is thare and he sounds absolutely great and fresh, which is obvious even from the rather bad quallity YouTube videos from Tromso.

I do think he has hip problems, and he does walk with a cane. Another thing that has changed is that he now follows a set-list, whereas I can remember when he didn't follow a set-list, and did what he wanted to do. I saw him back in 1989 at Hammersmith, and he had special guests on the show, ranging from Van Morrison, Brian May, John Lodge, and he tore up the set-list. It was the most exhilarating show that you'd ever see, and that was because of the Killer and not the guests. It was also released on video, and later DVD, but a great deal of the songs were missing. I can remember the Killer doing a country track, Comin' Back For More, and it never appeared on the video.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home