Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger interview on BBC Newsnight, October 1981
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 28, 2013 00:22

This was Mick Jagger's "first British television interview in several years", which was given to Robin Denslow for BBC's Newsnight in October 1981 on the occasion of their return to touring a year ahead of celebrating "a remarkable two decaydes at the top". Performance clips feature concert excerpts from Orlando, Florida.

The concert footage of Under My Thumb in part 1 sounds slower and more raw and Jagger's voice lower and less melodic than in the Let's Spend The Night Together film. In this BBC clip, you really hear Charlie's bass drum and Bill's bass really clearly. Come to think of it, I prefer this footage, and the sound quality therein, as it is a bit more ragged but a bit more real, to the Hal Ashby film, which seems suspiciously polished in comparison.

Part 2 opens with a Bill Wyman interview on the occasion of "my 27th birthday". Concert performance clips of When The Whip Comes Down and Let's Spend The Night Together are also featured.

Re: Mick Jagger interview on BBC Newsnight, October 1981
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 29, 2013 05:50

Mick is always the English Gentleman. On one of these interview's Mick mentioned he attended London School to join the Foreign Service. Well, he did. Thanks for the post.

Re: Mick Jagger interview on BBC Newsnight, October 1981
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2013 09:36

Love that interview. It was the first Stones TV interview that I recorded after after buying a video recorder in 81. Good memories.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home