Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22
Re: Special guests with Ben Waters in London March 9th
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 9, 2011 11:40

paulywaul
chriseganstar
Sounds good, see you outside Ambassadors before the 1st gig if you're there around 6.00. I have a really good vibe about this night, it really is going to be something mega-special !!

Chriseganstar

'bout time you started a spectacularly vicious rumour then Chris, such as an appearance by both glimmers ......... winking smiley cool smiley smoking smiley

On the count of three then ................ three, two, one ............ and he's off !!

Oh no, it's not my turn already is it ? That's come around quickly !! lol

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 9, 2011 11:48

Hey Paulywaul - you don't think we will be greeted with a sign in the Ambassadors Theatre as per the Stephen Dale Petit 100 Club gig then?? ( "No Mick or Keef" )!!

I have no doubt it will be a great evening, however many Stones are on stage.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: February 9, 2011 12:24

pls let me know a fair price hotel in the near and a nice pub!

Thx!

Gerhard - Düsseldorf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 12:47 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Cookiespad ()
Date: February 9, 2011 12:41

Hi MARK01942. It's Alan. We met in the queue at Waterstones. Keeping well ? Just got two tix for 7.00 show (my wife is coming down too). Got really cheap train tix on thetrainline.com. £8 each to London from Stoke. £11 back to Stoke after. Give them a try. Cheaper than driving. Wonder if Rosalie will be there ? Where are you Rosalie ? Mark if you are there about 4.30-5.00 ish meet you outside theatre we can go and get a bite to eat.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 9, 2011 12:48

Manofwealthandtaste
Hey Paulywaul - you don't think we will be greeted with a sign in the Ambassadors Theatre as per the Stephen Dale Petit 100 Club gig then?? ( "No Mick or Keef" )!!

Well, if they get hacked off enough with the vicious rumour that Chris Eganstar is going to be starting any minute now (go for it Chris ....... !!!) - then quite possibly we will be, yes indeed !!!

I'm really looking forward to this, I have to say. Should be a cracker of a show, Ben's tribute to Stu's style of piano playing with a number of Stones and ex-stones helping him out. It can't fail to be a blinding show.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 9, 2011 13:00

Anyone know if any members of Stu`s family have been invited? He is from the east coast fishing village in Scotland, Pittenweem. They host an annual Arts festival every August that includes music and has in the past paid tribute to Stu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 13:20 by belld.

Date: February 9, 2011 13:00

satisfaction2
pls let me know a fair price hotel in the near and a nice pub!

Thx!

Gerhard - Düsseldorf

Hey there, Gerhard - you could try the Easyhotel at Belgrave Road, close to Victoria Station. Rooms currently available for £45.00 (pounds sterling). Book at [www.easyhotel.com]

It is approx a 20 to 25 minute bus ride (no 38) from the theatre!

Date: February 9, 2011 13:57

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste

Well, if they get hacked off enough with the vicious rumour that Chris Eganstar is going to be starting any minute now (go for it Chris ....... !!!) - then quite possibly we will be, yes indeed !!!

I'm really looking forward to this, I have to say. Should be a cracker of a show, Ben's tribute to Stu's style of piano playing with a number of Stones and ex-stones helping him out. It can't fail to be a blinding show.

I have it on very good authority that the Glimmer Twins are booked into The Ivy for a late dinner on March 9th, right opposite the Ambassadors Theatre. Now that's what I call a positive confirmation that they'll both be playing. I'm checking the Savoy to see if any twin rooms have been booked for that night too !!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 9, 2011 18:19

O boy you've done it now, they were trying to keep it a secret, no-one outside the 200 million people that read this board knew. You've blown it right open, I hope you can live with yourself !!

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: February 9, 2011 21:23

Got 2 tickets for the 7.00 pm show row F in the stalls. Whats the name of the pub everyone is meeting up in. Will be good to meet up with some of you IORR guys and girls. Really looking forward to this gig. Thanks for the tip BV.

Date: February 10, 2011 14:59

Manofwealthandtaste

Ya mean .....................

Dunno, but just imagine if there was one such notice stuck up on the wall by the theatre box office, but instead of saying 'No Mick or Keef' it said 'WELCOME Mick n' Keef' ?

There'd be a riot. Wouldn't ya just luuuuuuuuuurv ta see it ?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:43

The more buzz it gets here and there
The less you may expect

Date: February 10, 2011 17:36

The Joker
The more buzz it gets here and there
The less you may expect

Ain't that the truth, and the worse of it is that you'll probably be proven 100 percent correct !

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:51

Im going expecting Charlie, probably Bill and Ronnie, and if Mick and Keef are there then thats a TREAT.
If I count on seeing the Glimmers and they don't show, then that will take the shine off the evening!

fingers crossed for M+K though!!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:52

chriseganstar
paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste

I have it on very good authority that the Glimmer Twins are booked into The Ivy for a late dinner on March 9th, right opposite the Ambassadors Theatre. Now that's what I call a positive confirmation that they'll both be playing. I'm checking the Savoy to see if any twin rooms have been booked for that night too !!

Are you a big fat liar, or do you just play one on TV? smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:16

Mick and Keith will be there.

Ben has played for Mick before, to a Mick X-mas party where Mick sang a couple of songs and to Jerry Halls 50 years party. So, it is payback time for Mick.

The 2011-2013 will be announced together with a new CD and that Ben will be Stones keyboard / piano player.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:18

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste

Ya mean .....................

Dunno, but just imagine if there was one such notice stuck up on the wall by the theatre box office, but instead of saying 'No Mick or Keef' it said 'WELCOME Mick n' Keef' ?

There'd be a riot. Wouldn't ya just luuuuuuuuuurv ta see it ?
Wow,they actually put up a sign saying no Mick or Keith. That's too funny.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:55

I feel lucky to be there!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 10, 2011 22:26

Date: February 10, 2011 22:40

erikjjf

Thx Erik

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 10, 2011 22:47

SCL, the sign at The 100 Club box office is from when Petit played and Taylor and Ronnie were guests, not from the Ben Waters gig coming up.

MTaylor, Ben Waters was paid for playing @ Mick & Jerry's party so I don't think Mick owes him. Still I could see Mick doing the gig and hope he does, but are you just hoping Ben tours with the band? I'd love to see him work with them but I can't imagine changing out Chuck at this late date.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:00

Rocky Dijon
SCL, the sign at The 100 Club box office is from when Petit played and Taylor and Ronnie were guests, not from the Ben Waters gig coming up.

MTaylor, Ben Waters was paid for playing @ Mick & Jerry's party so I don't think Mick owes him. Still I could see Mick doing the gig and hope he does, but are you just hoping Ben tours with the band? I'd love to see him work with them but I can't imagine changing out Chuck at this late date.
Would hope, but being realistic CL is 99% sure on the next tour - only disease could keep him away.
I don't like CL piano playing. I prefer a grand piano and Stu's piano from previous tours. Listen to before / after CL came into the picture and you will hear the big difference.

Date: February 11, 2011 01:05

chriseganstar

I have a very good source that Mick has pre-ordered spaguettis, and Keith a scampi friti

Other unchecked sources rumors they will have Burgundy wine and tiramisu

Date: February 11, 2011 12:16

Got two for 7 PM
and two for 9 30 PM

Date: February 11, 2011 13:16

The Joker
Got two for 7 PM
and two for 9 30 PM

I'll be there for both shows too, see you in whatever pub we decide to congregate in beforehand and in between !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 11, 2011 13:56

See you guys at the early show.

Mamas cookin' chicken fried in bacon grease
Come everybody, it's just down the road a piece

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 11, 2011 23:23

Got tickets for both shows, St Giles hotel booked, bring it on once again at The Ambassadors!!! Last time was a bit too insane even for me!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 11, 2011 23:27

Was Ian Stewart who recomended CL???

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: February 11, 2011 23:48

Hi flairville!
I think we will meet up at the St Giles Hotel!I also booked a room there!

Date: February 12, 2011 00:00

Still not sold out. So Charlie,Ronnie,Bill, Jools can't sell this gig out????

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home