Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith "Solo" Tour
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:54

If you can't beat em', join 'em. Here is my contribution to the Tour Speculation and How Should Stones End It threads:

Mick & Keith "solo": The two of them with a couple of stools, acoustic guitars and harmonica, maybe a keyboard; doing blues cover favorites, reinterpreting some Rolling Stones songs, and maybe even a couple of new ones. Small venues, intimate, conversational vibe. Can you imagine how cool that would be? It would be the hottest ticket in town. Too bad they can't stand each other.

Re: Mick and Keith "Solo" Tour
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:55

That would be cool, but if they're going to do that they might as well include Ronnie and Charlie and call it the Stones.

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:56

And who should play Keiths guitar then?

Date: January 28, 2011 03:57

svendborg
And who should play Keiths guitar then?

Details, details...

Date: January 28, 2011 03:58

Blondie Chaplin?

Date: January 28, 2011 04:01

svendborg
Blondie Chaplin?

You just killed my buzz...

Date: January 28, 2011 04:01

Sorry mate :-)

Date: January 28, 2011 04:05

svendborg

When I go to my grave reliving my favorite Rolling Stones moments - and there have been many - I have a feeling none of them will involve Blondie Chaplin, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell or Bernard Fowler. (I may make an exception for Lisa Fischer). These are all fine humans, I just like my Rolling Stones "pure", with maybe an added dash of Bobby Keys, Ian Stewart and Nicky Hopkins.

Date: January 28, 2011 04:11

71Tele
svendborg

When I go to my grave reliving my favorite Rolling Stones moments - and there have been many - I have a feeling none of them will involve Blondie Chaplin, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell or Bernard Fowler. (I may make an exception for Lisa Fischer). These are all fine humans, I just like my Rolling Stones "pure", with maybe an added dash of Bobby Keys, Ian Stewart and Nicky Hopkins.

I aggree 100 percent.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:17

I think even in a reduced scenario, in any setup you're likely going to be seeing the Bernard Fowler and Blondie Chaplin show. Add the other Stones, and you'll probably have to add Chuck Leavell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home