Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Forty Flicks Arena
Posted by: forligan ()
Date: January 21, 2011 18:18

Got home from working the night shift, lit up a fatty and popped in the Arena show from Four Flicks. What a bang for the buck. Watch it closely and enjoy the interaction between Keith and Darryl Jones, especially during Let it Bleed.
What a joy.

Re: Forty Flicks Arena
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 21, 2011 18:32

i watched the documentery disc from Bigger bang last night, they still look great.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 21, 2011 19:24

forligan
Got home from working the night shift, lit up a fatty and popped in the Arena show from Four Flicks. What a bang for the buck. Watch it closely and enjoy the interaction between Keith and Darryl Jones, especially during Let it Bleed.
What a joy.

I espesially like Paris Olipmia show from Four Flicks. Pure joy. One of theit best filmed shows

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 21, 2011 19:37

forligan
What a joy.

That show at the MSG rocks! Keith was on fire. The NYTimes had a great article about the concert that praised Keef. If I remember correctly it was broadcasted live on HBO and I watched it. I enjoyed the unexpected "If you can't rock me", "Midnight Rambler" sounded great and was a thrill to watch.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 21, 2011 21:27

rollmops
past 20 years or so
forligan
What a joy.

That show at the MSG rocks! Keith was on fire. The NYTimes had a great article about the concert that praised Keef. If I remember correctly it was broadcasted live on HBO and I watched it. I enjoyed the unexpected "If you can't rock me", "Midnight Rambler" sounded great and was a thrill to watch.
Rock and Roll,
Mops
ars
The msg concert is my favorite concert for the past 20 odd years

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 21, 2011 21:42

Yup, we were lucky they captured both the MSG and Paris shows...they're last hurrah.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 21, 2011 22:41

rollmops
forligan
What a joy.

Rock and Roll,
Mops

Street Fighting Man, Monkey Man and Midnight Rambler from that PPV at MSGarden was outstanding and the best the Stones have sounded in eons!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 21, 2011 22:44

yeah, I remember being pretty blown away at how good this show was when it aird live on HBO. Again, it should have been the last tour.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: January 22, 2011 01:35

IMO nothing on flicks can compare to B2B or even VL

Also, I hate the cameras/angles used to shoot the 4flix MSG show...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 22, 2011 04:55

Some days ago I've been watching the Austin show from Bigger Bang again.
And I think it's a really good "late" gig. A lot of energy.
Even if there are some overdubs, - it's been a great performance!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 22, 2011 05:03

proudmary
forligan
What a joy.

I espesially like Paris Olipmia show from Four Flicks. Pure joy. One of theit best filmed shows

I agree, I was lucky to be at that show and it is still my favourite ever out of close to 100 shows.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 22, 2011 14:40

CousinC

The Austin show is a GREAT show. Looking forward to watching it again
in my new home theater...which will be done in a few weeks. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 26, 2011 23:23

forligan
What a joy.

It was this show that prompted me to dump the Beatles as my all time favorite band (next to the Sonics) and replace them with the Stones. When Mick walked off the stage at the end of the concert and pointed his index finger to the heavens he seemed to be saying (at least to me) that the Stones had finally come out of the shadow of the Beatles and now truly were the greatest rock/pop band of all time.

Date: January 26, 2011 23:29

proudmary
forligan
What a joy.

Agreed, however, all three of the featured concerts on Four Flicks were awesome.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 26, 2011 23:45

Four Flicks, the MSG arena-show is the only Stones-DVD that I, still, frequently load my DVD-player with. Keith is on fire during "Whip" on the B-stage. The Bigger Bang DVD-set is just collecting dust at my home.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 27, 2011 00:19

The stadium show from the Four Flicks set leaves me flat. The B-stage set makes the show for me. Outside of that--it's pretty dull.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:53

sweet neo con
CousinC

The Austin show is a GREAT show. Looking forward to watching it again
in my new home theater...which will be done in a few weeks. winking smiley

Great! I'll come around . . winking smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 27, 2011 07:55

The Arena disc is a bit sloppy early on, but gets a lot better once they hit their stride. I was lucky enough to have attended that show.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:10

proudmary
forligan
What a joy.

To bad they didn't see fit to release it complete!

Date: January 28, 2011 04:29

ab
The Arena disc is a bit sloppy early on, but gets a lot better once they hit their stride. I was lucky enough to have attended that show.

Lucky indeed! You witnessed the Rolling Stones at their absolute best! Yes, every bit as good as 1972 despite being somewhat more polished.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home