Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lemmy: The Movie ..Dave Grohl Comment..
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2011 21:25

"No, I will not reconsider...but you have a nice day anyway!"

Have you heard any of the tracks though?

Date: January 25, 2011 21:34

Do you enjoy throwing up every five minutes claude?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 25, 2011 21:58

coffeepotman
Has anyone seen the movie? I have and it's really good. Dave's comment was a little weird cause he made it personal, that's all.

I saw it this weekend, and I thought it was really good. I also saw New York Doll, about Arthur "Killer" Kane which was a really moving story about the Dolls bassist´s life. Both films highly recommended.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 26, 2011 00:10

Agree with bustedtrousers. Nothing wrong with the message, nor with Grohl the musician. But he has become the ultimate corporate rocker.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: January 26, 2011 03:16

Palace Revolution 2000
Agree with bustedtrousers. Nothing wrong with the message, nor with Grohl the musician. But he has become the ultimate corporate rocker.

And I feel they all have at this point, when it comes to what they say in any current documentary or profile. It's like there's a list of cliched rock-god compliments they all have to follow. Everybody says the same crap, regardless of who they are talking about.

Above thoughts aside, the Lemmy movie is quite good. If you have any interest in him, I recommend it.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 26, 2011 11:55

mickijaggeroo
coffeepotman
Has anyone seen the movie? I have and it's really good. Dave's comment was a little weird cause he made it personal, that's all.

I saw it this weekend, and I thought it was really good. I also saw New York Doll, about Arthur "Killer" Kane which was a really moving story about the Dolls bassist´s life. Both films highly recommended.

New York Doll is a great documentary about Killer Kane. I've made sure all my mates have seen it.

Liked the Lemmy doc, watched it last night when it arrived in the post. but for my money not as good as recent rockumentaries such as Anvil and Flight 666.

Just waiting for the Saxon documentary to arrive in the post now, that should be a good crack!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 26, 2011 12:42

It's the crudeness and aggressive tone that Grohl used that I find surprising - his sentiments, I agree with.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 26, 2011 15:57

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Since he kissed ass to attempt drums with some of Zepplin, I guess Jimmy Page is a pussy also. Grohl will be remembered in rock as nothing but an anal cyst.

hey dude. dave grohl is one of rocks greatest drummer EVER (yes ever). and if you manage to start a career on your own as a bandleader and songwriter after nirvana you must be really good! just listen to the QOTSA songs he played on.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 26, 2011 17:15

go see Them Crooked Vultures in concert. then your thoughts on grohl will change. one of the best shows i've seen. though i must say, it's kinda odd to see him criticizing old 60's artists considering he's in a band with john paul jones.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 26, 2011 17:27

"just listen to the QOTSA songs he played on."

I mentioned that, he aint having none of it....

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 27, 2011 00:36

just seen the movie! lemmy is supercool!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:00

"dave grohl is one of rocks greatest drummer EVER (yes ever). and if you manage to start a career on your own as a bandleader and songwriter after nirvana you must be really good! just listen to the QOTSA songs he played on"

Well Joey Castillo who filled his shoes live mid-2002 kicked his ass night after night...
He's a good studio guy (ya know when you play a take every 30 minutes and rest in between) but live pfff...

"one of rocks greatest drummer EVER"
Too bad for him he lives in the same era as true great rockers like Josh Freese or dave Lombardo. Now we talk GREATNESS!

Grohl's main talent is being there when the hippest projects in town come to life (TCV, NIN's "With Teeth" QOTSA's "Songs for the Deaf" ).

Sorry Dave! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 01:01 by dcba.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:06

"Grohl has been confirmed to have a cameo role as himself in the upcoming Muppets film, drumming for the Muppets band while Animal is in anger management"
[en.wikipedia.org]

Oh LOL! What a d!ck! He wanted Bonham's stool in a reformed LZ (he had sent unsubtle messages to Page thru the press) and he ends up doing this eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home