Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lemmy: The Movie ..Dave Grohl Comment..
Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: January 23, 2011 15:59

I love motorhead..but...I kind of disagree with dave grohl...
what do you think?? Around the 29 sec. mark..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="[www.youtube.com]; frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Re: Lemmy: The Movie ..Dave Grohl Comment..
Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:01

Sorry
heres the vid

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 23, 2011 19:00

That was a pretty stupid thing to say, made him sound a little ignorant since his image is all around rock and roll nice guy

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: January 23, 2011 22:47

People here get so defensive if anyone says anything negative about the Stones.

I think Dave is spot on. Doesn't sound ignorant at all.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 23, 2011 23:07

YEAH YEAH I agree with Grohl ...

Those hotels in Paris are way too expensive..
They should fly down here with their bimbos ... We got lots of cheap accomodation out in the small country towns

ROCKMAN

Date: January 23, 2011 23:07

Chill man I think Keith is the biggest cartoon there is.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:05

I got a lot of mates that probably agree with this statement. it's cool, the worlds big enough for more than one god of rock n roll

Date: January 24, 2011 02:20

I hate to admit it (bevause he's only Dave Dave Grohl) but he's right. Keith Richards actually stopped being Keith Richards when he decided to stay alive in 1977. Since then Lemmy took over - without even trying. If you look at it straight - since they exist, Motörhead made the better rock'n'roll records than the Stones. But still it's Lemmy who recorded Keith's "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and not the Strones who recorded "Ace of spades".

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:26

i interviewed Lemmy in college radio - maybe '82 - I asked him to do a station promo - "Hey this is Lemmy, you're listening to WERS...etc"

He growls, "okay then" - then says "Hey, this is Lemmy, listen to WERS or I'll come over there and f-- your sister" - then pauses and says, "that all right, then?"

who was gonna say no??

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:41

I don't gave a problem with what he says, and for the most part it's true. Although Keith pursued the heroin chic side of the jet set lifestyle, more than the supermodel/groupie one (although he did marry a supermodel, didn't he). What I have a problem with is that it's just lip service. These guys say the same kind of crap in every documentary and tribute now.

The thing is, in a year you'll probably see Dave Grohl in Johnny Depp's documentary saying the same thing about Keith. "Screw Lemmy and all these other Johnny-come-latelies. Keith Richards is the true rock n' roll outlaw".

Who gives a shit.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:51

I don't about the "attitude" and all that, but please...as far as musicianship goes, Keith wipes the floor with Kilmister....Lemmy never wrote one song that could stand against Honky Tonk Women, Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Jumping Jack Flash...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:22

There's no competition: both are great rock icons and living legends.
I guess Lemmy lives a harder life now than most people at his age, but unlike Keith, Lemmy never did heroin.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:28

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:33

F.U.C. the Captain
I hate to admit it (bevause he's only Dave Dave Grohl) but he's right. Keith Richards actually stopped being Keith Richards when he decided to stay alive in 1977. Since then Lemmy took over - without even trying. If you look at it straight - since they exist, Motörhead made the better rock'n'roll records than the Stones. But still it's Lemmy who recorded Keith's "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and not the Strones who recorded "Ace of spades".

Motorhead have made some great records (w/ Eddie Clark on guitar), but they sound all the same and don't even comes close to the greatest Stones albums - also when it comes to rock'n'roll. Lemmy only knows how to write fast rock songs, always using the same riff and chord progression. A bit like ACDC. The stones are a much more versatile band - they have done the blues, R&B, rock&roll, country, soul, funk, reggae etc. I can only think of ONE Motorhead ballad (track 5 side one from March or Die), and it's not really that good either. When it comes to making good records Motorhead and Stones are in diffrent leagues IMO.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:34

The few Motorhead ballads (Don't Let Daddy Touch Me, Lost in the Ozone) are cringe-inducing. Screw versatility, Motorhead should be fast and loud all the time. When they stick to what they do best, Motorhead kicks serious ass.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:48

The Worst.
F.U.C. the Captain
I hate to admit it (bevause he's only Dave Dave Grohl) but he's right. Keith Richards actually stopped being Keith Richards when he decided to stay alive in 1977.

Yes but I'd change 1977 to 1980.

A bit like ACDC. The stones are a much more versatile band - they have done the blues, R&B, rock&roll, country, soul, funk, reggae etc. I can only think of ONE Motorhead ballad (track 5 side one from March or Die), and it's not really that good either. When it comes to making good records Motorhead and Stones are in diffrent leagues IMO.

Stones are so much more versatile and they're not a typical "white" rock band. I never ever listen to rock bands like ACDC or Motorhead. Stones are very different.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 24, 2011 12:43

Roll73
People here get so defensive if anyone says anything negative about the Stones.

I think Dave is spot on. Doesn't sound ignorant at all.

I agree with that! Lemmy is still rock'n'roll, Keith is became an image of himself!...and i'm a stonesfan for more than 30 years!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 13:14

Grohl's a straight shooter and pulls no punches, and HE IS RIGHT! I mean come on The Stones are way, I mean WAY better than Motorhead. But also you gotta call it like it is, they are a bunch of spoiled rock stars and really didn't have to live on the edge since the early 60's. Lear jets, mansions, limos, designer women and designer drugs... and oh yeah the BLADE. Come on gimme a break. Keith is a pampered skinny bag of wind and poses a hell of a lot. He is about as dangerous as a cat on catnip.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: January 25, 2011 05:35

Yeah, Bustedtrousers is right. That was just Grohl's way of praising Lemmy at that moment. I'm very certain DG recognizes KR for the God of Rock n Roll that he is.

I'm doubtin Dave Grohl's staying in the Motel 6 these days.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: January 25, 2011 10:43

grohl´s ego is pissed by the stones, because when the foo fighters opened for the stones, he get´s the advice not to walk over micks mahagoni stagefloor and that he is not allowed to use the catwalks etc.. imo he has a trauma, because opening for the stones isn´t mostly what you had in mind. i think no one care very much about the opening act. since that he uses almost every opportunity to diss the stones.

i like some songs of the foo fighters, but you should only open your mouth like that, when got a record out that comes close to let´s say bridges to babylon, and he has not (except nirvanas nevermind, but there he was only the drummer).

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2011 11:38

"but you should only open your mouth like that, when got a record out that comes close to let´s say bridges to babylon"

Really? The Foo fighters have produced far better records than B2B! Grohl would rather eat his own foot than release anything like 'Juiced"....

Date: January 25, 2011 12:14

ablett
"but you should only open your mouth like that, when got a record out that comes close to let´s say bridges to babylon"

Really? The Foo fighters have produced far better records than B2B! Grohl would rather eat his own foot than release anything like 'Juiced"....

but has he ever released something like out of control or saint of me? i don´t think so...

Date: January 25, 2011 12:26

I'd guess Grohl would rather jump under a bus than release Out of control. It aint quite Jumpin Jack Flash now is it?

Date: January 25, 2011 12:35

ablett
I'd guess Grohl would rather jump under a bus than release Out of control. It aint quite Jumpin Jack Flash now is it?

he would do that if he recognize that he would never be able to release something good like this...

and yes of course there are many many better songs from the stones then out of control

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 25, 2011 15:20

Motorhead have written some excellent records, including littering their LP's with slower, ballady tracks. 'I Ain't No Nice Guy' with Ozzy and Slash being a prime example of a doozie.

But, it's a big planet, big enough for all of us to have our own tastes and opinions. I like 'em both, for numerous reasons. Certainly wouldn't want to get into a pssing competition about it. A mate of mine called Squid is the biggest Motorhead fan I know, sees them every year on tour, 'head tatts, the lot. but we respect each other and know, like the old gods of Olympus, that we pray to different gods!

different but the same, we both rock like motherfunkers!!!

Oh Yeah!

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 25, 2011 17:23

motorhead, foo fighters and the stones are completely different bands! why some of you feel the need to put them into a head to head competition is beyond me. someone talks smack about your beloved stones and all of a sudden it's like "yeah, well, keith richards' dad can beat up lemmy's dad!" or whatever. sensitive stones fans are so silly.

Date: January 25, 2011 18:23

Since he kissed ass to attempt drums with some of Zepplin, I guess Jimmy Page is a pussy also. Grohl will be remembered in rock as nothing but an anal cyst.

Date: January 25, 2011 18:40

LOl, hilarious. Try his drumming on Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone age. You might then reconsider

Date: January 25, 2011 21:00

No, I will not reconsider...but you have a nice day anyway!

Date: January 25, 2011 21:17

Has anyone seen the movie? I have and it's really good. Dave's comment was a little weird cause he made it personal, that's all.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home