Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 23, 2011 21:10

Kylie Minogue! She's much prettier than Mick! Those legs!

Re: OT:Bands Other than the Stones That You Really Like That other People Don't Appreciate
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 23, 2011 21:36

i love this band, The Blakes:

they have a heavy kinks influence.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 23, 2011 22:46

rollingrichard
I really like Oasis ! They are worldfamous, but everybody I know hates them.
How do you get worldfamous then ?

right -- I don't understand the original post. "Bands other people don't appreciate," yet a top 20 list of mainstream pop and rock acts??

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2011 23:41

cc
rollingrichard

right -- I don't understand the original post. "Bands other people don't appreciate," yet a top 20 list of mainstream pop and rock acts??
[www.iorr.org]

Date: January 23, 2011 23:45

Always had a soft spot for Iron Maiden before Bruce Dickinson. Having major problems with high pitched singers may have something to do with it, though...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 23, 2011 23:47

A third for Cheap Trick

Check out this recent performance from Austin
[www.fileserve.com]

Its an AVI file you can watch on your computer
If you listen to Sick Man Of Europe and don't like it, there could be something wrong with you and you should seek counseling.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 24, 2011 00:36

sweetcharmedlife
cc
rollingrichard

[www.iorr.org]

I still don't understand-- are you duplicating Havo's thread? Why didn't you just make a post there?

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 24, 2011 00:56

flunk
underworld
mazzy star
goldfrapp

Drew

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:05

Jack O' Fire

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:13

Nina Gordon !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 24, 2011 01:30

cc
sweetcharmedlife
cc
rollingrichard

[www.iorr.org]

I still don't understand-- are you duplicating Havo's thread? Why didn't you just make a post there?

I get it, what's so hard to understand?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 24, 2011 02:10

cc
sweetcharmedlife
cc
rollingrichard

[www.iorr.org]

I listed all thee bands that other people listed as not liking that I do. Now do you get it? I would also beg to differ that my list is mainstream rock....ANd if you don't like the concept of my thread,start your own or just ignore this one.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:03

Rush MEZ

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 24, 2011 03:36

KINKS

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:52

King Crimson

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 24, 2011 07:55

The Replacements

The attitude of the Stones, the wit and intelligence of The Kinks, the angst of Nirvana, the spirit of the best of punk. In short, everything good rock & roll should be. "Look me in the eye and tell me that I'm satisfied". Their "Let It Be" album is as good as the Beatles'. A vastly underappreciated band.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-24 08:04 by 71Tele.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:03

-Peter Gabriel
-Robert Palmer

They were cool, some great songs. But not considered cool anymore. Except at my place, where the stereo is always playing good music!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 24, 2011 13:05

How about George Thorogood, Alice Cooper and Joan Jett. Yeah MunichHilton that's a smokin' version of Sick Man. Also, I love the transition into Heaven Tonight, heavy rockin' there.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 24, 2011 13:35

Alice Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bowie!!!!!!!!
Leonard Cohen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 24, 2011 13:40

KeithNacho, would you believe Leonard Cohen has in the last few years attained almost mainstream popularity in Australia. He is very popular down here, and frequently on TV and in newspapers. He toured here a couple of years ago and floored everyone, many people calling it their favourite gig ever. And suddenly he is a star here again. He returned last year and played a big outdoor concert at Hanging Rock.

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: January 24, 2011 15:49

The Band.

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: January 24, 2011 16:02

Ben Folds Five!

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: January 24, 2011 16:25

Cheap Trick & The Replacements & Paul Revere & the Raiders, too.

Also...

Redd Kross
The Monkees
Supergrass
Love

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 24, 2011 18:49

Some giants mentioned here. Are there really people who don't like Bowie? I'd like to mention Foghat btw.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 24, 2011 19:11

The Moody Blues

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 24, 2011 19:17

This is a good thread to post the stuff you like and crap that others wouldn't pay $1.00 for in the bargain bin.

We've all thumbed thru it in the old LP record stores. They usually have the corner of the album clipped or a big red sticker with the bus fare price on it.

Money is better spent on the value menu at McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: January 24, 2011 19:47

Tom Waits!

John Nicholls

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 24, 2011 19:50

Glenn Hughes!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 24, 2011 20:05

john nicholls
Tom Waits!

John Nicholls

+1000

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 24, 2011 20:27

I don't know much about being cool, but in my circles, it's not appreciated to like country music. Yet, I do, but more of the "alternative country" variety, which these days is the only country music left that's not pop music in disguise, but country music instead. The Flatlanders, Junior Brown, Lucinda Williams, etc.
Strangely, in recent years, that unappreciation has swept over onto Americana music styles as well. People of my age (around 30) tend to think The Band, John Hiatt, John Fogerty even, are too country for their taste.
But my folks don't like what's generally considered cool either. Everybody has got their own little niche. My girlfriend for example likes symphonic metal whereas I like Americana. You might think that don't mix well, and in a way, it doesn't, but we both like the funky variety of bluesy soul music and 50s style rock n roll such as Chuck Berry.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home