Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brad Paisley in Philly June 18 with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:15

the next special guest

Brad Paisley in Philly June 18 with the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 22:01 by bv.

Re: Brad Paisley in Philly with Stones
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:25

I know the name but that's it.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:26

this is as good as the Yo Yo Ma story.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:26

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:29

what a pile of shit

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:38

i am going to f!@#$%^& puke . this better not be the guest next tuesday when i go.why not have no guest except more of mick taylor!!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:43

andy js
what a pile of shit

didn't you mean pile of shirt?

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:47

Truly amazing guitar player, one of the most innovative guys ever to come out of Nashville. He uses a G-bender instead of a b bender on most of the guitars in his arsenal, including his famous 68 pink paisley. Very respected in the industry, only country guy ever to hit the cover of Guitar World.
Some of his album cuts are pretty bubblegum country unfortunately, but he has done some pretty amazing work as well. Check out the outro solos on "Start a Band," or instrumentals like "Nervous Breakdown" or "Throttleneck."
On a stones related note, maybe him and keith will pull this one out...haha:

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:48

At least he's a good guitar player. Style kind of along the lines of an Albert Lee.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:49

He has a lot of respect among guitar afficionados in the rock world. At least it's not Kenny Chesney.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:56

DeanGoodman
He has a lot of respect among guitar afficionados in the rock world. At least it's not Kenny Chesney.

Amen

Date: June 12, 2013 19:59

afficionado is a cool word. need more words like this.

Date: June 12, 2013 19:59

DeanGoodman

Yeah, he (Paisley, not the Jimmy Buffet imitator Chesney) and Keith Urban, while entirely different styles, are both great guitar players. Although they hide it well in their bubblegum country songs. The only glimpse of their talent may come from viewing a snippet of their live performance where they take a little time to showcase their talents. A shame really...but that's the recording industry.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:13

Seems like a good choice to me. After some of the dross that have been guests at least this guy has kudos and can actually play.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:21

crumbling_mice
Seems like a good choice to me. After some of the dross that have been guests at least this guy has kudos and can actually play.

Yeah at least he is a reputable musician. Enjoy the show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 20:22 by desertblues68.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:37

kovach
DeanGoodman

Yeah, he (Paisley, not the Jimmy Buffet imitator Chesney) and Keith Urban, while entirely different styles, are both great guitar players. Although they hide it well in their bubblegum country songs. The only glimpse of their talent may come from viewing a snippet of their live performance where they take a little time to showcase their talents. A shame really...but that's the recording industry.

Yes, exactly.
I once bought a Keith Urban album after I checked him out on youtube (live performances). But the album is a huge disappointment(besides some ok songs). You hear the talent somewhere, but you have to see him perform to really enjoy it.

A lot of young country artists as guests on this tour. I think it's cool. Even the Taylor Swifts & Carrie Underwoods.
But I hoped for Dwight Yoakam....Mick once wrote a song with him, so there's a connection.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:49

Here he plays in a country shred jam with a few of his friends. I wonder which Stones song would best support a guitar solo with this type of pick work.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:52

BowieStone
kovach
DeanGoodman

Yes, exactly.
I once bought a Keith Urban album after I checked him out on youtube (live performances). But the album is a huge disappointment(besides some ok songs). You hear the talent somewhere, but you have to see him perform to really enjoy it.

A lot of young country artists as guests on this tour. I think it's cool. Even the Taylor Swifts & Carrie Underwoods.
But I hoped for Dwight Yoakam....Mick once wrote a song with him, so there's a connection.

I saw Dwight Yoakum many years ago in philly with Buck Owens at the Trocodero. I don't know anything about Brad Paisley - but I agree Dwight would have been a great choice. THere are also many other great Philadelphia musicians that could have been considered -like my (Former) delaware neighbor - George Thorogood....though I think he lives in California now -- Tod Rudgren, Patti Labelle, Pink, Hall and Oates, Joan Jett

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:54

He jumps in with joe walsh in this video. While hes usually associated with lightning fast clean jazzy country runs, he can get a little dirty too:

Date: June 12, 2013 20:58

Ronnie finally got to choose the special guest smiling smiley

They played together a couple of years ago.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:00

Once again, I am trying to contain my excitement.

Nothing wrong with the Paisleys and Gary Clarks of the world, but is still begs the question "what do they have to do with the Rolling Stones?". At least with Tom Waits you had a common love of Howling Wolf. That worked. These special guests are not as "special" as they are already repeating themselves. Dave Matthews can't be far behind.

Date: June 12, 2013 21:11

"Friends" (mostly fans) that come along for the celebration?

That's how it looks anyway...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:31

andy js
never @#$%& heard of him

Same here must admit but I quite liked what I heard in this thread, especially Rudolph with Sheryl, reminds me a bit of Waylon...

So, which song..."Evening Gown" maybe? Probably "Dead Flowers" with a solo part, like they did let John Mayer do on Respectable and that was really good.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:32

Paisley will do a fantastic job. My wife and I were hoping that he might show up on the 31st, then we got Sheryl "I emphasize the wrong words in the song" Crow, who did just fine. Paisley is a Stones FAN and will do just as great as John Mayer.

Posted by: thatbird ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:39

lame...plus he wears a stupid cowboy hat

Re: Brad Paisley guest in Philadelphia June 18
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:40

The Rolling Stones will be joined by the incredible @BradPaisley in Philly on June 18! What song do you think he'll play on?

[twitter.com]

O2 Arena, London - August 17,2011 / Photo by Ben Enos

Date: June 12, 2013 21:40

thatbird
lame...plus he wears a stupid cowboy hat

you gotta like those paisley shirts, though, right?

Date: June 12, 2013 21:41

Damn, what a lame assed choice...

Date: June 12, 2013 21:41

I think people will be pleasantly surprised, saying "Whoa, that was a really good guitar solo" who are only familiar with his top 40 hits.

Mayer was a good comparison, puts bubblegum pop on the radio but people know he can really play when allowed. Again, different styles, but good comparison.

Date: June 12, 2013 21:44

kovach
I think people will be pleasantly surprised, saying "Whoa, that was a really good guitar solo"

and seriously, how often does one get to say that at a stones concert?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home