Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
People leaving the show early
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:11

I saw something that the real fans of The Rolling Stones who didn't get a ticket will most likely be angry about. At Fridays show there were quite a few patrons (not fans)leaving mid-show, not before the encore but mid-show. I personally hate the people who buy tickets just to say they were there while the true fans get bad seats or none at all.Anyone else seeing this happen?

Re: People leaving the show early
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:16

Yeah, I got a brother like that. He brags about it constantly. Through associates he's able to get tickets to sporting events and concerts all the time under the quise of public relations. He went to see the Stones once, but probably couldn't even tell you one song they did (and that's not exaggerating).

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:18

mighty stork
I saw something that the real fans of The Rolling Stones who didn't get a ticket will most likely be angry about. At Fridays show there were quite a few patrons (not fans)leaving mid-show, not before the encore but mid-show. I personally hate the people who buy tickets just to say they were there while the true fans get bad seats or none at all.Anyone else seeing this happen?

Yup and I have never understood it. Where are they going? What is the rush? Do they have an appointment? I never understood leaving anything early... not a baseball game, football game, futball match, auto race, play, recital or anything.

Traffic Schmaffic, bask in the after glow.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:21

They bought their tickets ? Hum, sorry, not sure about that...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:22

It's not possible that som of them just think the concert is very bad?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:24

His Majesty
It's not possible that som of them just think the concert is very bad?

no, it's not. best tour ever.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:24

Off course.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:26

roby
Off course.

Sounds like my golf game.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:31

roby
They bought their tickets ? Hum, sorry, not sure about that...

My thought too. Obviously they were given to them. Not even an embittered fan like myself would leave partway through if they spent the kind of $ the Stones are demanding for this over-priced tour.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:34

Why are they there? Most of the time they're texting, talking not paying attention, sad they have no interest in who there seeing or wanting to know some history about them.

Before you buy a ticket you should be made to answer a quiz of how much you know of the person or group your seeing, If you fail too bad.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:40

Floorbird
Why are they there? Most of the time they're texting, talking not paying attention, sad they have no interest in who there seeing or wanting to know some history about them.

Before you buy a ticket you should be made to answer a quiz of how much you know of the person or group your seeing, If you fail too bad.

Or just to members of fan clubs like IORR, Shidoobee, ect. if they have been members for years.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 17:43

mighty stork

I myself left the the hague show '76 after 10 songs or so. The lead guitarist that I saw in '73 was replaced by a far lesser god: from what I remember he screwed up every guitar solo I was used to or expected to hear.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:14

To leave in the middle of the concert not only signals that you are well off it also marks out that you are a true Stones connoisseur since you know that only the warhorses remains after half the setlist.
So, basically, those leaving are the real fans...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:16

Stoneage
To leave in the middle of the concert not only signals that you are well off it also marks out that you are a true Stones connoisseur since you know that only the warhorses remains after half the setlist.

best fans ever

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:20

Stoneage

I knew what to expect halfway through, or actually before that, cause it took me at least 3 or 4 songs to get out of the place.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:24

I left 1999 Hartford No Security tour when Sympathy started, knowing it was the last song. I dislike the live version of that song.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:24

Leaving the show half way seems ridiculous............I ones left the show when they started the last number Brown Sugar in Amsterdam can't remember the year..............I was sitting way up high on a shitty place hearing the music a few seconds later than what they play......so I decided to leave earlier just to be in front of the 50.000 people that will leave and it will took me ours to get of the parking lot

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:25

shadooby
Yeah, I got a brother like that. He brags about it constantly. Through associates he's able to get tickets to sporting events and concerts all the time under the quise of public relations. He went to see the Stones once, but probably couldn't even tell you one song they did (and that's not exaggerating).

Some folks leave a little early to beat traffic although many people take public transportation and may have to travel through some really dicey neighborhoods at night, depending on the venue. Traveling at night on subways can be very scary!

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:30

I almost always leave mid-encore - which I don't like to do but Chicago traffic is brutal.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:52

Max'sKansasCity
mighty stork

Yup and I have never understood it. Where are they going? What is the rush? Do they have an appointment? I never understood leaving anything early... not a baseball game, football game, futball match, auto race, play, recital or anything.

Traffic Schmaffic, bask in the after glow.

Ahh, something Max and I agree on. Leaving early is rude and a very bad habit. Spot on Max.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:00

What is this a witch hunt? I simply had to pee...I didn't leave the show...

Yeeesh.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:22

People leaving the show early ..............

Should be marched out of a grubby jail cell on a cold damp dismal morning across a bleak prison yard, tied to a wooden post, blindfolded, and shot ....

End of discussion

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:26

The people who sit around us, bored stiff, until the next "hit" is played are even more annoying. You paid $450 for that ticket, just to hear "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Satisfaction"? Honestly, the guy next to me on Friday night was dead until they played a "hit". It was really annoying.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:37

When I go to shows on 'work'nights, I sometimes leave early. At San Jose, I left after Midnight Rambler. I live an hour away (Santa Cruz), and I have to get up early. I would have spent the rest of the show thinking-I am going to hate tomorrow. I am an elementary school teacher, and there are no easy work days. I may have pulled it off in my 30's, but not my 50's.

And, I too am not crazy about Satisfaction. So I left Oakland and Vegas during that song. I love the Stones, but those are my reasons for leaving early.

P.s. I deliberately got 'cheaper'seats in San Jose knowing I was going to leave early.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:38

duffydawg
I almost always leave mid-encore - which I don't like to do but Chicago traffic is brutal.

Wimp, I lived in CA, would never leave

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 2, 2013 19:59

I'm on the fence with this one. Yes, part of me dislikes the notion, but what if there were an emergency of some description, or, gasp, they just didn't think the Rolling Stones were very good.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:00

Those people are idiots.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:38

Before meeting Ronnie, Jo Wood had seen a Stones show in London (Earls Court arena )...and left early.

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:43

I admit I have left during the last song of a show once or twice simply because I wanted to beat traffic as it is a 3 hour drive back from Toronto for me (and I did beat the crowds both times).

I must laugh. In 2005 my Aunt went and saw the Stones and when they started playing Miss You and the stage started moving out into the crowd she thought to herself... surely this is the end of the show. What better way to end a show than to come out into the crowd like that with such a big hit song. So she left... I don't even think the show would have been an hour at that point. I felt really bad when I had to explain to her there was still at least another 8 or 9 songs after that.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 2, 2013 20:47

Satisfaction is very boring to me. No joke. I thought about leaving both nights at that point. The song just doesn't DO anything. Dunn dunn, dun dun dun, daaadaaaadaaadaaa.. over and over. Put that as the opener, JJFlash or BSugar as encore, strong ending.

I was shocked at how many people knew Emotional Rescue! Every rare tune caused the place to go crazy. Songs like Paint It Black, Tumbling Dice, Satisfaction, just do not get the same response as Rambler and All Down The Line or CYHMK.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home