Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Slash: Mick Jagger is greatest frontman
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 18, 2011 19:29

[www.musicrooms.net]

by musicrooms.net 17/01/2011

Slash thinks Sir Mick Jagger is the greatest frontman the world has ever seen.

The legendary guitarist is famed for his work with Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver. He famously fell out with Guns N’ Roses lead singer Axl Rose, but insists he was happy to hear the star was recently voted the best frontman of all time in an internet poll.

Although Slash thinks Axl deserved the honour, he would probably have picked another star as his number one. “I thought Guns N’ Roses, when it was originally together, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period,” he said.

“It might have been [my vote]. I never stop to even think about it - there’s him, Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger… I’d probably say Mick Jagger, only because Mick has been doing it for so long and he’s one of the most charismatic frontmen of all time. But if I had a Top Five, Axl would be in there. And John Lennon…”

Slash, 45, thinks today’s music business could learn a thing or two from some of the older bands. He worries modern music doesn’t have any bite, and cites television shows as a particular problem.

Although US series Glee has been a bit all over the world, Slash isn’t a fan. The programme is about a high school singing club and is famed for performing versions of songs by some of the world’s biggest artists, but the musician insists his tracks will never be included.

“We got asked about that once already but it got turned down. In the current climate of what’s going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it’s really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee,” he told Entertainment Weekly. “Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough… When Grease came out I was like, ‘Oh, c’mon, give me a break.’ Actually, I look at Grease now and think: Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.”

Re: Slash: Mick Jagger is greatest frontman
Date: January 18, 2011 19:39

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 18, 2011 20:04

What's a Slash?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 18, 2011 20:05

Amsterdamned
What's a Slash?
a better guitar player than you are smiling smiley

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: January 18, 2011 20:08

He wears a Felix the Cat t-shirt! grinning smiley

Date: January 18, 2011 20:08

ineedadrink
Amsterdamned
What's a Slash?
a better guitar player than you are smiling smiley

I dont feel envious...well his bank account....cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-18 20:19 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 18, 2011 20:11

i love glee. c'mon, slash, please reconsider

Date: January 18, 2011 20:30

FreeBird
He wears a Felix the Cat t-shirt! grinning smiley

And sunglasses, a silly hat and standing on stage with his guitar on his knees, looking like he's shitting. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-18 20:32 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 18, 2011 21:40

Thank God he didn't say Axel Rose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-18 21:40 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 19, 2011 00:15

"And sunglasses, a silly hat and standing on stage with his guitar on his knees, looking like he's shitting."

Close your eyes and listen to AFD or the "Illusions" duet and you'll say fewer silly things...

Date: January 19, 2011 01:15

dcba
"And sunglasses, a silly hat and standing on stage with his guitar on his knees, looking like he's shitting."

Close your eyes and listen to AFD or the "Illusions" duet and you'll say fewer silly things...

May a use earplugs-without sound- as well ?
I'am sorry for you all, enjoy Slash.
To me he's a fake.

Date: January 19, 2011 01:19

More Hot Rocks
Thank God he didn't say Axel Rose

My cat makes the same noise when stepping on her tail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-19 01:20 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:25

dead.flowers
[www.musicrooms.net]

by musicrooms.net 17/01/2011

Slash thinks Sir Mick Jagger is the greatest frontman the world has ever seen.

The legendary guitarist is famed for his work with Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver. He famously fell out with Guns N’ Roses lead singer Axl Rose, but insists he was happy to hear the star was recently voted the best frontman of all time in an internet poll.

Although Slash thinks Axl deserved the honour, he would probably have picked another star as his number one. “I thought Guns N’ Roses, when it was originally together, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period,” he said.

“It might have been [my vote]. I never stop to even think about it - there’s him, Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger… I’d probably say Mick Jagger, only because Mick has been doing it for so long and he’s one of the most charismatic frontmen of all time. But if I had a Top Five, Axl would be in there. And John Lennon…”

Slash, 45, thinks today’s music business could learn a thing or two from some of the older bands. He worries modern music doesn’t have any bite, and cites television shows as a particular problem.

Although US series Glee has been a bit all over the world, Slash isn’t a fan. The programme is about a high school singing club and is famed for performing versions of songs by some of the world’s biggest artists, but the musician insists his tracks will never be included.

“We got asked about that once already but it got turned down. In the current climate of what’s going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it’s really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee,” he told Entertainment Weekly. “Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough… When Grease came out I was like, ‘Oh, c’mon, give me a break.’ Actually, I look at Grease now and think: Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.”

Mick Jagger is the greatest frontman ever. Period.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:45

Slash in his autobiography called Keith "A profound narcissist." He hung with Keith one day and said after a point, "Keith was just putting up with me." So maybe he was hurt Keith didn't want him as a buddy-buddy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:49

"Keith was just putting up with me."

Maybe Dartford guys don't like dudes from West Hampstead ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 03:20

Yeah there is the famous story about Keith cutting Thru and Thru and Slash tried to muscle his way in on the track and keith basically slapped him back and said no way is that happening. Slash probably wasn't used to being told his guitar wasn't needed. Good on Keith!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 19, 2011 03:29

not sure slash could have saved the song

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 19, 2011 04:18

? why is Axl even mentioned in the same sentence as mick , insulting as all get out

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:02

Title5Take1
Slash in his autobiography called Keith "A profound narcissist." He hung with Keith one day and said after a point, "Keith was just putting up with me." So maybe he was hurt Keith didn't want him as a buddy-buddy.

or perhaps Keith really just is a profound narcissist. It's kind of hard to deny if you've rad his autobiography, read an interview, or ever heard any word to come out of his mouth.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:09

melillo
? why is Axl even mentioned in the same sentence as mick , insulting as all get out

Well... You just did!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:12

melillo

well it's true they are not in the same league...however, axl coulda become so much more if he hadn't imploded after the Use Your Illusion albums.

What a waste of two decades.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:18

The most interesting thing is the first sign of thawing in the cold war between Slash and Axl. Perhaps it's time for a proper reunion cash-in. I wouldn't begrudge them.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:39

daniel t
melillo

Well... You just did!!!

I was merely pointing out the insanity of it

Date: January 19, 2011 08:10

StonesTod
not sure slash could have saved the song

Ridiculous! Great song by Keith.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 19, 2011 10:30

Greatest singer maybe, but who beats Johnny Rotten as greatest frontman?

2 1 2 0

Date: January 19, 2011 12:24

Johnny Rotten! Sorry been done before. Iggy was/is way better front man than Rotten, Iggy is the Godfather of Punk!

Mick hands down is better than Rotten and Axel rod.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:36

Bill Wyman's the greatest frontman ever...

Date: January 19, 2011 12:58

The Stones
Bill Wyman's the greatest frontman ever...

thumbs up dead.flowers

Date: January 19, 2011 13:34

Amsterdamned
dcba

May a use earplugs-without sound- as well ?
I'am sorry for you all, enjoy Slash.
To me he's a fake.

Not a fake to me. However, he's trapped up in the 90s rock sound these days, not to my liking.

Here he gets to be himself again with his pal, Ronnie:

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 19, 2011 14:01

Come On
Greatest singer maybe, but who beats Johnny Rotten as greatest frontman?

That's funny!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home