Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Three guitar players
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 22, 2013 19:48

Tele and I had a lengthy debate last night, and I came up with a fitting analogy, I think......

I have been married to Ronnie for almost forty years. We have had ups and downs, alcohol, bum notes, good and bad records, etc...... I walk into the bar, and there is MT. We had great sex back in high school, but the relationship didn't last. I could get swept up by his flash, but then I think, Ronnie has put up with my BS for a long time. I am not easy and life with me likely would have killed MT.........i love my memories, but I love my wife. I love to chat it up with MT, but at the end of the night, I'm going home to Ronnie. We are adults and we can hang out, but it is what it is...........have fun with this!

Re: Three guitar players
Posted by: rtr ()
Date: May 22, 2013 19:59

I apparently pushed this off the cliff last night. I enjoy your analogy, and I'm not just loyal to my current "wife" (Ronnie), I really enjoy him in the context of the band in concert, playing off of, and in support of Keith. Just my preference!

Date: May 22, 2013 20:03

People here are sensitive, I am learning......pick your battles and know when to say when. Thanks, I think it's a fitting analogy, sometimes I have to listen to El Mocambo to remember why I married her.....but I had my reasons and she puts up with me.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:13

Unless we get very good audio recordings of the 2013 tour, it is difficult to hear the 3 guitars playing together on the Youtube videos. If by chance they decide to record some new material with Mick Taylor after the end of the tour, that would be great. Conceptually I like the 3 guitar team ; I just want to hear what they will do with it.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:40

Thrylan
People here are sensitive, I am learning......pick your battles and know when to say when. Thanks, I think it's a fitting analogy, sometimes I have to listen to El Mocambo to remember why I married her.....but I had my reasons and she puts up with me.

Nothing has to be a "battle" if things are discussed intelligently and different points of view respected. Reasonable Stones fans can disagree! I didn't even think you and I were "debating" - just discussing. It was very pleasant. On the other hand there is one person here who jumps on anything I say with something resembling a personal vendetta. That person seems unable to exchange views in a mature way, only to attack people personally who express views he doesn't agree with. There is a distinct difference in the two approaches.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 22, 2013 20:52

71Tele
Thrylan

Nothing has to be a "battle" if things are discussed intelligently and different points of view respected. Reasonable Stones fans can disagree! I didn't even think you and I were "debating" - just discussing. It was very pleasant. On the other hand there is one person here who jumps on anything I say with something resembling a personal vendetta. That person seems unable to exchange views in a mature way, only to attack people personally who express views he doesn't agree with. There is a distinct difference in the two approaches.

c'mon. full disclosure. name names!

Date: May 22, 2013 20:58

GRNRBITW
71Tele
Thrylan

That would only encourage him.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:16

71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
Thrylan

Hope it is not me!

Re: the 3 guitars in a band. One of the bands I play with actually has 3 guitar players (I am one of them). Out of experience, it can get messy! But this is something you can live with. What I can't stand is when we guitarist overdo it. It just doesn't suit the Stones music.

So I would say that 3 guitarist in a band need lots and lots of equilibrium (something that guitarist rarely have).

Going back to the initial women analogy, for me its quite the opposite. Mick Taylor is the beautiful reassuring woman that everybody in the family wants you to marry, Ronnie is the kind of mad women I will always want to spend the night with ...

C

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:30

Thrylan
Tele and I had a lengthy debate last night, and I came up with a fitting analogy, I think......

I have been married to Ronnie for almost forty years. We have had ups and downs, alcohol, bum notes, good and bad records, etc...... I walk into the bar, and there is MT. We had great sex back in high school, but the relationship didn't last. I could get swept up by his flash, but then I think, Ronnie has put up with my BS for a long time. I am not easy and life with me likely would have killed MT.........i love my memories, but I love my wife. I love to chat it up with MT, but at the end of the night, I'm going home to Ronnie. We are adults and we can hang out, but it is what it is...........have fun with this!

you registered 5 days ago and have 260 posts? damn kid,stop and eat a sandwich or have a drink.when you start talking about being married to one of the guys in the band...well, maybe time for a rest.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:31

Yeah, but I was drunk and woke up married to Ronnie...

Now me and Tele are going to get a room! Lol Great discourse, thanks.

Date: May 22, 2013 21:37

Thrylan
Yeah, but I was drunk and woke up married to Ronnie...

Now me and Tele are going to get a room! Lol Great discourse, thanks.

I need to see the goods first. smoking smiley

Date: May 22, 2013 21:38

liddas
71Tele
GRNRBITW
71Tele
Thrylan

Hope it is not me!

Re: the 3 guitars in a band. One of the bands I play with actually has 3 guitar players (I am one of them). Out of experience, it can get messy! But this is something you can live with. What I can't stand is when we guitarist overdo it. It just doesn't suit the Stones music.

So I would say that 3 guitarist in a band need lots and lots of equilibrium (something that guitarist rarely have).

Going back to the initial women analogy, for me its quite the opposite. Mick Taylor is the beautiful reassuring woman that everybody in the family wants you to marry, Ronnie is the kind of mad women I will always want to spend the night with ...

C

Definitely not you Liddas!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 21:46

Thrylan

Did you have an organism?

Date: May 23, 2013 01:36

Yeah...we call it Rock an Roll

Date: May 23, 2013 02:37

lem motlow
Thrylan

I have been married to Ronnie for almost forty years. We have had ups and downs, alcohol, bum notes, good and bad records, etc...... I walk into the bar, and there is MT. We had great sex back in high school, but the relationship didn't last. I could get swept up by his flash, but then I think, Ronnie has put up with my BS for a long time. I am onot easy and life with me likely would have killed MT.........i love my memories, but I love my wife. I love to chat it up with MT, but at the end of the night, I'm going home to Ronnie. We are adults and we can hang out, but it is what it is...........have fun with this!

you registered 5 days ago and have 260 posts? damn kid,stop and eat a sandwich or have a drink.when you start talking about being married to one of the guys in the band...well, maybe time for a rest.

True. Story is after 24 years of working solid, I am laid off and drawing unemployment for the first time in my life, so I have some free time! Long time voyeur of this forum, so I signed up, and ....here I am. Mondays I send out resumes, and then I chat it up with fellow Stones fans! I am enjoying myself.

Date: May 23, 2013 02:41

Thrylan
lem motlow
Thrylan

I have been married to Ronnie for almost forty years. We have had ups and downs, alcohol, bum notes, good and bad records, etc...... I walk into the bar, and there is MT. We had great sex back in high school, but the relationship didn't last. I could get swept up by his flash, but then I think, Ronnie has put up with my BS for a long time. I am onot easy and life with me likely would have killed MT.........i love my memories, but I love my wife. I love to chat it up with MT, but at the end of the night, I'm going home to Ronnie. We are adults and we can hang out, but it is what it is...........have fun with this!

True. Story is after 24 years of working solid, I am laid off and drawing unemployment for the first time in my life, so I have some free time! Long time voyeur of this forum, so I signed up, and ....here I am. Mondays I send out resumes, and then I chat it up with fellow Stones fans! I am enjoying myself.

Welcome. New blood is needed. You can take over for me so I can retire.

Date: May 23, 2013 07:02

Right on. It would make for interesting possibilities, three weavers is kind of uncharted territory, but if Keith took a hard look in the mirror, and MT laid back; Ronnie is if nothing else, simpatico. It might be the way to a five year lease??? Maybe

Date: May 23, 2013 09:37

lem motlow
Thrylan

How many intellegent discussions do you think I've had here in West Virtucky? Dont be upset that it wasn't MT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 09:40 by Thrylan.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:25

Free love! Forget the insitutions!

- Doxa

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:23

Thrylan

In the case of the Stones, it seems much more like a threesome, rather than a betrayal, so it's a win - win situation anyway smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:08

While it's true that Taylor makes up for Wood's soloing weekness, Wood has a new job playing the in between licks that Keith doesn't quite get to even in open tunings. They are in a funny situation when Jagger's guitar in FAE is the only glue with Ronnie on Steel and KR posing and singing beautiful harmony. Truely Taylor should be strumming along on a Hummingbird. He does that so great.

Date: May 23, 2013 16:21

DoomandGloom
While it's true that Taylor makes up for Wood's soloing weekness, Wood has a new job playing the in between licks that Keith doesn't quite get to even in open tunings. They are in a funny situation when Jagger's guitar in FAE is the only glue with Ronnie on Steel and KR posing and singing beautiful harmony. Truely Taylor should be strumming along on a Hummingbird. He does that so great.

Er, Keith was doing the same licks on FAE now, as he did in Texas 78 and on later renditions.

He didn't forget the lyrics as often as on the Beacon, though smiling smiley

Date: May 23, 2013 17:21

Yeah, but at his best, at times you had to really listen to distinguishit some of the pedal steel licks from the sweet bends Keith used to pull off. Speaking of Texas 78', why is everything else a damn mp3. If there isn't any decent video, just give me a live cd........I will buy it, frustrating.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 23, 2013 17:24

Thrylan
why is everything else a damn mp3. If there isn't any decent video, just give me a live cd........I will buy it, frustrating.

You need to hang around the seedy underbelly...lots of good stuff around...

Date: May 23, 2013 19:22

Munichhilton
Thrylan
why is everything else a damn mp3. If there isn't any decent video, just give me a live cd........I will buy it, frustrating.

You need to hang around the seedy underbelly...lots of good stuff around...

I dig seedy underbellies. Theres just nothing here; I must go on a Stonesquest...

Date: May 23, 2013 19:28

Thrylan
Right on. It would make for interesting possibilities, three weavers is kind of uncharted territory, but if Keith took a hard look in the mirror, and MT laid back; Ronnie is if nothing else, simpatico. It might be the way to a five year lease??? Maybe

"Three Weavers"! Yikes! We have started an entire new chapter of Stones mythology. I hereby suggest that the Stones have transitioned from the "Vegas Era" to the "Three Weavers Era".

Date: May 23, 2013 19:33

71Tele
Thrylan

"Three Weavers"! Yikes! We have started an entire new chapter of Stones mythology. I hereby suggest that the Stones have transitioned from the "Vegas Era" to the "Three Weavers Era".

Hell......FOUR!, Pete Seeger is alive, right?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 23, 2013 20:04

i realize you're kinda new here, thrylan...but the use of the word "weave" and/or any derivations thereof has been permanently banned on this board.

we thank you for your cooperation....

Date: May 23, 2013 20:09

GRNRBITW
i realize you're kinda new here, thrylan...but the use of the word "weave" and/or any derivations thereof has been permanently banned on this board.

we thank you for your cooperation....

Where have you been!!!??? It has officially been the "Legendary 3 Weavers Era" for like twenty minutes now.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 23, 2013 20:10

Has not Ronnie run off with some young hotties? Thrylan Ronnie has played you for a fool! Alas it is always the wife who is last to know and Thrylan you are that wife.

Threesome?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home