Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger plans family fun at Glastonbury
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 22, 2013 13:52

Sir Mick Jagger plans yurt-based family fun at Glastonbury 2013

Sir Mick Jagger has revealed that he is planning to make a weekend of it when he headlines Glastonbury with The Rolling Stones and will hang out with his children.
Rather than heading down simply to play his slot at the event, the veteran star said he was aiming to hang out and have a "good time".
In an interview with Q magazine about the forthcoming appearance, he said: "I've got nothing else to do on Glasto weekend, and I want to spend some time with my family and have a good time as well."
He said that his daughter Jade and Elizabeth "will bring these yurts" to the festival next month.
Sir Mick, 69, went on: "I don't need them to show me the cool places to go. I'm sure I can find some places of my own that are much cooler."
And asked whether he expected to be hassled, he said: "Depends where I go. I think everyone will be pretty laid back."
The frontman said he was no stranger to camping and had been with his own children despite earning millions - although the weather was a little less unpredictable than the UK.
He said he had been "on the beach with my kids in the Caribbean, but it's just the same as Brighton - there's just less chance of bad weather".
Sir Mick told the magazine, due out later this month: "We went camping all the time when I was a kid. Camping in France was our family holiday.
"And we brought baked beans with us, as we didn't trust that fancy foreign food. We were so totally English."

[www.independent.co.uk]

Re: Mick Jagger plans family fun at Glastonbury
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 22, 2013 14:00

Date: April 18, 2008

On the radio this morning just heard a lady describing how on her first day as a 16-year-old assistant in the camping-gear shop in Richmond, Mick Jagger plus two teenage daughters strolled in to buy a tent (probably for Glastonbury) and she had the job of showing them how to put it up. She describes Mick as being very nice, despite being aware of all the other assistants going "it's-Mick-Jagger-it's Mick-Jagger" offstage.

This must have been a few years ago as one of the daughters was Lizzie.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 22, 2013 14:12

The frontman said he was no stranger to camping and had been with his own children despite earning millions - although the weather was a little less unpredictable than the UK.

Mick's been camping. You can say that again!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 22, 2013 14:49

Good ole Mick, cool story...

Date: May 22, 2013 14:51

I would honestly love to see Mick Jagger's "Four Seasons" type of camping equipment/tent/stove/etc/etc. I bet it is the some of the coolest stuff ever.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 22, 2013 14:51

Silver Dagger

>grinning smiley<

Date: May 22, 2013 15:22

EddieByword
Silver Dagger

>grinning smiley<

Thought you'd like that one Mike.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:25

I'll be keeping an eye out for him the entire weekend...if I see him, he's is going to get a lecture on the merits of giving Mick Taylor more songs!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:25

Get real, Mick - no way is the Caribbean just the same as Brighton, weather or no weather!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 22, 2013 15:48

Beast
Get real, Mick - no way is the Caribbean just the same as Brighton, weather or no weather!

It does amuse me when the rich and famous get going with "I'm just a regular guy" stories. Camping with the family is a big undertaking, so much stuff to plan and pack, and then there's the tent and fire building, cooking, bug spray, making sure no one wanders off...good times. Or you can just stay in the lodge, like me. cool smiley

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:08

no chance mick.. the event is sold out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 22, 2013 16:13

Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

>grinning smiley<

I have to admit though the 'Billy Preston' dancing was past my bedtime........grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:15

Max'sKansasCity
I would honestly love to see Mick Jagger's "Four Seasons" type of camping equipment/tent/stove/etc/etc. I bet it is the some of the coolest stuff ever.

Is that what they did with the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio...turn it into a big camper?

Date: May 22, 2013 16:24

latebloomer
Beast

It does amuse me when the rich and famous get going with "I'm just a regular guy" stories. Camping with the family is a big undertaking, so much stuff to plan and pack, and then there's the tent and fire building, cooking, bug spray, making sure no one wanders off...good times. Or you can just stay in the lodge, like me. cool smiley

Exactly, you are correct again..... as for me.... my days of camping are waaaaaay over and I am a vet of the Boundary waters and portaging canoes deep into no where.... but I have dealt with one too many rain storms while camping, wet sleeping bags... one too many wet everything... I am over it. These days my idea of "camping" is a hotel room and my idea of "cooking out" is calling room service.

Good luck Mick and family, I am sure you will all have a blast, its not like it ever rains at Glastonbury or anything.... no one walks around in mud for days or anything.

PS
On the other hand.... buy some wellies, they are like a rainbow... they come in a variety of colors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 16:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 22, 2013 16:26

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

Is that what they did with the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio...turn it into a big camper?

Hmmmmm... now if that is the plan, maybe it would be fun.
I always wondered what happened to the mobile recording studio... so now it is a camper?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:29

proudmary

Sir Mick, 69, went on: "I don't need them to show me the cool places to go. I'm sure I can find some places of my own that are much cooler."

[www.independent.co.uk]

Cool Places:

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:36

So there will be a tent in the backstage area. I will be camping frontstage somewhere. Hopefully it will not rain as much as we get today in Norway. My PC is not waterproof!

Bjornulf

Date: May 22, 2013 16:43

bv
So there will be a tent in the backstage area. I will be camping frontstage somewhere. Hopefully it will not rain as much as we get today in Norway. My PC is not waterproof!

No you won't bv - they haven't allowed that since the early 80s. You can stay up all night in the field but if you want to put up a tent you'll have to move into one of the neighbouring fields. And those ones start going on the Wednesday before. Good luck. And bring your Wellingtons and a plastic raincoat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 16:58 by Silver Dagger.

Date: May 22, 2013 16:51

EddieByword
Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

>grinning smiley<

I have to admit though the 'Billy Preston' dancing was past my bedtime........grinning smiley

Oh, you mean what John Lennon called 'the crazy faggot dancing'?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 22, 2013 16:56

bv

But they do have a semi circular enclosure in front of the stage which they let a certain amount of people into. The big problem will be that it will fill up early for Primal Scream and then the rest of the main field will be jammed sad smiley

I'm too old to stand for hours on end so looks like I'll be fairly far back.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:05

"Mick Jagger plans family fun at Glastonbury"

Well there goes my request for Cock-sucker Blues.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:07

Gotta give him credit for being so adverturesome at his age. No way I would do it. I'm to old to camp in the mud.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:13

It would be a very nice gesture on Jagger's part if he went to see the Rhythm Kings play in the acoustic tent on the friday...after all Bill went to his movie premiere a few years ago.

Hope your not as far back as you think you'll be Crumblin Mice, many of my uni mates are going and they have said that they will not be watching the Stones but will instead go to see another act. Their loss but if most young people think like that then you have a good chance for a tidy spot.

Date: May 22, 2013 17:23

crumbling_mice
bv

But they do have a semi circular enclosure in front of the stage which they let a certain amount of people into. The big problem will be that it will fill up early for Primal Scream and then the rest of the main field will be jammed sad smiley

I'm too old to stand for hours on end so looks like I'll be fairly far back.

At least you are going to be there, it will be awesome and historic!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2013 17:25

He must be a happy camper smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 22, 2013 18:39

Can't fool us, Mick - we know what you'll really be doing is GLAMPING cool smiley

Date: May 22, 2013 18:53

Beast
Can't fool us, Mick - we know what you'll really be doing is GLAMPING cool smiley

Love it. Not sure what glamping is but I've got a pretty good idea. eye popping smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 22, 2013 19:22

bv

I did warn you .......... here's a reminder of everything you need to survive Glastonbury and the great British summer !!

Waterproof hat
Waterproof T shirt
Waterproof jeans
waterproof socks
waterproof knickers
Waterproof jacket
Waterproof boots
Waterproof torch
waterproof wallet
Waterproof money
Waterproof hotel
Waterproof car
Waterproof matches (to set fire to all those waterproof tents)
Waterproof gasoline (just to make sure the tents actually BURN)
Waterproof dog (very handy for biting non Stones fans)

We obviously need to add 1 more item .........

Waterproof PC

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 22, 2013 19:38

Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger
EddieByword
Silver Dagger

>grinning smiley<

Oh, you mean what John Lennon called 'the crazy faggot dancing'?

That's the one.................eye popping smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 22, 2013 19:39

What exactly is a "yurt"?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home