Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylor's gear
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 17, 2013 21:54

From micktaylor.com

[micktaylor.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 11:48 by bv.

Re: Mick Taylor's gear
Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:13

I hoped he was going to use use a VT22.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:18

svt22

Time for another username change?

smileys with beer

Peace
Mr DJA

Date: May 17, 2013 22:24

mr_dja
svt22

smileys with beer

Peace
Mr DJA

That was my former username, until 5 days ago. smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:32

svt22
mr_dja
svt22

smileys with beer

Peace
Mr DJA

That was my former username, until 5 days ago. smiling smiley

That's funny! I saw the conversation where you mentioned having to reset a couple of times and I thought I remembered a vt22 username but had obviously forgotten what the 3rd name was.

Back on the actual topic of the thread... Does anyone else find it strange/curious that he's using a borrowed guitar (from his manager) and amp (from the Stones)? The amp I can kind of understand as it states that it's the amp (or one of the amps) that he used with the Stones in the 70's. I guess I just find it surprising/interesting/strange/curious that he's using a borrowed guitar as opposed to one of his own.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:36

A borrowed guitar? WOW hard times indeed....

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:40

Could that be a original '59 Les Paul? Then I would like to borrow it too...

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:55

This list corresponds to the slide and pick I got from him at one of the Iridium shows.

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:34

That is really cool that he is using the same amp (one of the) from the Rolling Stones warehouse. Thanks for posting this info.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:50

Ok if MT is using old ampegs from the stable, I think KR and RW need to visit for some old amps.

Go Dawgs!

Date: May 18, 2013 03:56

I would like to visit and just buy one, I'm not greedy. I thought Keith had a pretty decent (understatement of the year) old high powered Tweed Twin; is that that not on the stage this tour?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:42

go figure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 01:51 by gripweed.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 18, 2013 04:51

It's a 59 reissue not a vintage guitar, just consumer crap. I don't know why he doesn't have his own, Keith should send someone to the warehouse and dig out a 50's Les Paul and early 60's SG and give them to him. They've got more guitars than anyone could ever imagine, Brian's stuff, Jaggers SG's from the 70's. Taylor loves early 60's strats like on "Time Waits". They should show him some love, classic case of you can't take it with you. I may not be wealthy but I'm more generous to my mates than these guys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 04:52 by DoomandGloom.

Date: May 18, 2013 06:32

Who knows what the members of the Rolling Stones have provided Mick Taylor. Unless you are one of them you would never know the real truth.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 18, 2013 08:09

Well I do know they're giving him way fewer tunes per show than KR told ticket buyers. He also is by this account playing a borrowed guitar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 08:38 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 18, 2013 09:47

DoomandGloom
It's a 59 reissue not a vintage guitar, just consumer crap. I don't know why he doesn't have his own, Keith should send someone to the warehouse and dig out a 50's Les Paul and early 60's SG and give them to him. They've got more guitars than anyone could ever imagine, Brian's stuff, Jaggers SG's from the 70's. Taylor loves early 60's strats like on "Time Waits". They should show him some love, classic case of you can't take it with you. I may not be wealthy but I'm more generous to my mates than these guys.

The Stones will giving away none of that because one day you will be reading they are going to be auctioning off the contents. Have a big blow out for the fans. Hard Rock Cafe will be bidding along with thousands of memorabilia hungry fans

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 18, 2013 10:42

I noticed that the 6th June date in Toronto is not on his list, does this mean he will not be playing this gig.
I have a ticket to see them at Hyde park but have been thinking of flying to Canada to see them on June 6tgh. I saw Mick Taylor in the 70's so would just love to see him again. Anyone got any idea's??

Date: May 18, 2013 10:57

gripweed
I find it "interesting" that Mick's manager (Jeff Allen) made sure he got credit for loaning Mick the Guitar...

Strange that I cannot hear the early 7-tees Ampeg /Gibson sound Mick had although it's the same gear. Guitars need to be played on and not hanging on the wall, people say.

Mick Taylor Touring Rig
Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:31

From micktaylor.com

Re: Mick Taylor Touring Rig
Date: May 18, 2013 01:10

smokeydusky
From micktaylor.com

Am I supposed to laugh or to cry, musical wise?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:44

He's not playing his own guitar?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:54

71Tele

Leads to the question if he actually owns one, or at least a decent one deemed suitable to play alongside his multimillionaire friends.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:03

@ 71tele:

As far as I understand it JA owes one of MT's Gibsons. Don't know why, and if its the one Taylor currently plays on.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:20

svt22
@ 71tele:

As far as I understand it JA owes one of MT's Gibsons. Don't know why, and if its the one Taylor currently plays on.

You're misinformed. Or maybe easily misled.
As I tried to point out above, the statement is from an unreliable source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 02:22 by SundanceKid.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:39

SundanceKid
svt22
@ 71tele:

You're misinformed. Or maybe easily misled.
As I tried to point out above, the statement is from an unreliable source.

No, you misunderstood me. I'm referring to the musical side of that post.

Taylor is playing an early 7-tees Ampeg and a priceless guitar. I hope he will also sound again like he did in the 7-tees. I'm not interested in the legal proceedings of this case. Music is made for ears.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:42

SundanceKid
71Tele

Nobody should pay any attention to this nonsense from Jeff Allen. He's not involved with Mick Taylor's management and has taken possession of the domain against MT's wishes.

Sundance: That's rather strange. How could Taylor allow someone to take over his domain name without his permission?

Date: May 18, 2013 02:46

71Tele
SundanceKid
71Tele

Nobody should pay any attention to this nonsense from Jeff Allen. He's not involved with Mick Taylor's management and has taken possession of the domain against MT's wishes.

Sundance: That's rather strange. How could Taylor allow someone to take over his domain name without his permission?

He didn't really allow it but it did happen. He has made it quite clear the domain will have to be returned to him.
The other party seems to be waiting for a lawsuit.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:49

svt22

Taylor is playing an early 7-tees Ampeg and a priceless guitar. I hope he will also sound again like he did in the 7-tees. I'm not interested in the legal proceedings of this case. Music is made for ears.

That's nonsensical. Ownership is a pretty straightforward matter, not something you can argue about in musical terms. You chose to bring it up in the first place.
The guitar is Mick's. It was given to him, not to anyone else.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:56

SundanceKid
71Tele
SundanceKid
71Tele

He didn't really allow it but it did happen. He has made it quite clear the domain will have to be returned to him.
The other party seems to be waiting for a lawsuit.

OK. Sorry MT finds himself in this position.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:58

SundanceKid
svt22

That's nonsensical. Ownership is a pretty straightforward matter, not something you can argue about in musical terms. You chose to bring it up in the first place.
The guitar is Mick's. It was given to him, not to anyone else.

Once again,I'm talking about music, that's what's Mick is all about. If you know the truth, why
bother? That guitar issue is of minor importance to me, let alone the domain story.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home