Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

United Center - Standing Room Only?
Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: April 25, 2013 17:51

Well, I tried purchasing tix through the Citi Card presale when they first went on sale, and couldn't swing paying the $600. I haven't missed a tour since '81 and certainly don't want to miss out on this one. We've been out of town the last couple of weeks with no email access and wasn't aware of the $85 tix. Have been trying to obtain info on the possibility of release of more of these tix 'as time (or tearswinking smiley goes by'! After numerous phone calls and contacting the United Center box office directly, they are insisting that they've had standing room only tix for $85 that may or may not have additional ones available in the future.

Has anyone else been told this info about standing room only tix? I personally think they're providing misinformation, but thought I'd check with you all!

For those who have been fortunate enough to obtain the $85 'surprise' tix, where were they listed on the TM site? Neither TM or UC was able to answer this question for me.

It was so much easier when all it took for good seats was to camp out overnight in line for ticketssmileys with beer

Re: United Center - Standing Room Only?
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 25, 2013 18:12

oooh good old days... camping in line... it always was a great pre-party smiling smiley And more honest...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 25, 2013 18:22

The surprise tickets were a separate link through rollingstones.com/tickets. The links are closed now but lots of people are speculating that a second round of $85 tickets will be released due to slow sales of these offensively expensive $600 seats.

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 18:23

wineaux
Well, I tried purchasing tix through the Citi Card presale when they first went on sale, and couldn't swing paying the $600. I haven't missed a tour since '81 and certainly don't want to miss out on this one. We've been out of town the last couple of weeks with no email access and wasn't aware of the $85 tix. Have been trying to obtain info on the possibility of release of more of these tix 'as time (or tearswinking smiley goes by'! After numerous phone calls and contacting the United Center box office directly, they are insisting that they've had standing room only tix for $85 that may or may not have additional ones available in the future.

Has anyone else been told this info about standing room only tix? I personally think they're providing misinformation, but thought I'd check with you all!

For those who have been fortunate enough to obtain the $85 'surprise' tix, where were they listed on the TM site? Neither TM or UC was able to answer this question for me.

It was so much easier when all it took for good seats was to camp out overnight in line for ticketssmileys with beer

You have to (or had to) go to the tix section on Rollingstones.com, and use the link there. The only standing room tickets for that show are "pit" tickets that are in a VIP package for 1500.00 a piece, or if you are lucky to have your 85.00 "lottery" ticket turn into a pit ticket.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 25, 2013 18:51

Camping out got to be a drag after spending the night on concrete in your sleeping bag, being the 3rd in line, and still getting shitty seats because the scalpers had bombarded the lines with computer calls and got all the good seats.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 25, 2013 19:52

The links for Chicago $85 tix are gone from rs.com but i've kept them and continue to check for people. I got mine during the public onsale.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

[www.ticketmaster.com]

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: April 25, 2013 23:15

Thanks to all for the info... I'll just keep my fingers crossed that something comes through. If not, we'll head down to the UC the nights of the shows with some cash in our pockets & see what we can pick up from the scalpers. Have had luck with that in the past for other shows.

Hoping for a surprise club show sometime within the week they're in town also. Am thinking Legends would almost be too obvious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home