Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Archive FLAC
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 17, 2013 22:47

Why FLAC in only certain countries and any way around this??

Re: Stones Archive FLAC
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 17, 2013 23:18

kovach
Why FLAC in only certain countries and any way around this??

Google bought the distribution rights and they don't offer FLAC...and yes there are ways around it...ways around it, over it, under it...there are so many many ways...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 17, 2013 23:31

kovach
any way around this??

You need to find someone who has the FLACs whose email address isn't hidden! winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 17, 2013 23:33

Deltics
kovach
any way around this??

You need to find someone who has the FLACs whose email address isn't hidden! winking smiley

Well dont just spell it out for him...he has to have fun with the hunt y'know

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:18

smileys with beer

Thanks, I wasn't really trying to find a way to avoid paying for them, just wanted them in the highest sound quality possible although in burning them to a playable CD I'm not sure if there's a noticeable difference between the FLAC and MP3 versions (at least at that bit rate).

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:56

kovach
smileys with beer

Thanks, I wasn't really trying to find a way to avoid paying for them, just wanted them in the highest sound quality possible although in burning them to a playable CD I'm not sure if there's a noticeable difference between the FLAC and MP3 versions (at least at that bit rate).

There is a difference. At least I can hear it.
FLAC is exactly same quality as a retail CD version while MP3 (even 320k mp3) sounds more like a watered down version.

That's why I think it's a shame to offer only mp3 downloads to customers like iTunes or Google music do. They should also offer CD quality downloads (in FLAC or any other lossless format).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 19:03 by kowalski.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:59

kovach
smileys with beer

Thanks, I wasn't really trying to find a way to avoid paying for them, just wanted them in the highest sound quality possible

The way its setup you must avoid paying for them. In fact you don't have any option but to avoid it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home