Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie talking about touring in Uruguay
Posted by: diego ()
Date: January 3, 2011 20:45

I just got in from Punta del Este , where Ronnie is apparently having a great time, going to restaurants, parties , polo games, etc.
A waiter who looked after Ronnies table said he was only drinking mineral water, that he was in great spirits, very happy and friendly with everyone in the place.

He told a Uruguayan newspaper in a quick interview that he was looking forward to touring Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay with his solo band, and that it would be great to come down with the Stones "the year after the next one".

Well, this was the 1st of january.... was he trying to say 2013?!!! or 2012?

In any case, is obvious that there´s no stones tour in the short run. Not in 2011 definitevly

Re: Ronnie talking about touring in Uruguay
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 3, 2011 20:56

but if our esteemed moderator says there will be, then there will be. po' ronnie - nobody ever tells him anything.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:30

StonesTod
but if our esteemed moderator says there will be

I think he gets very good information, but plans change, things happen, etc., but after saying that, I'm still optomistic.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:30

Europe 2011 and South America the year after, sounds like standard procedure. And sure they are ready to visit Uruguay now, if they get the conytracts right!

Bjornulf

Date: January 3, 2011 22:33

bv
Europe 2011 and South America the year after, sounds like standard procedure. And sure they are ready to visit Uruguay now, if they get the conytracts right!

What about North America?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:48

Edith Grove
bv

Nah ... some of you guys n' gals over thar have bin sayin' some downright nasty thangs 'bout our boys of late, so bollocks to y'all .... you ain't gettin' them !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:52

paulywaul
Edith Grove
bv

Nah ... some of you guys n' gals over thar have bin sayin' some downright nasty thangs 'bout our boys of late, so bollocks to y'all .... you ain't gettin' them !!

love the hybrid British/American South slang in your post, paulywaul...just like the Stones!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 3, 2011 22:54

Edith Grove
bv

Done deal?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 3, 2011 23:12

paulywaul
Edith Grove
bv

No cajun music or jambalaya for you !

Date: January 4, 2011 14:41

Yeah BV, if they happen to come to Uruguay, for sure the contract will be right.
We are VERY civilized here, much more than the standard South America, if that´s what you are thinking when you speak of the contracts.

Very high standards in education, security, democracy, etc, etc, a lot different of what you can imagine from Europe and other places. In fact a lot of people from Europe, the States, Brazil, Argentina, etc, come to live, holiday, invest in Uruguay because its great all round conditions.
And the ENOURMUS passion for football!!!

So, no troubles with any contract down here mate!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 4, 2011 15:14

diego
Yeah BV, if they happen to come to Uruguay, for sure the contract will be right.
We are VERY civilized here, much more than the standard South America, if that´s what you are thinking when you speak of the contracts.

Very high standards in education, security, democracy, etc, etc, a lot different of what you can imagine from Europe and other places. In fact a lot of people from Europe, the States, Brazil, Argentina, etc, come to live, holiday, invest in Uruguay because its great all round conditions.

But above all, you've got great seafood and a bunch of beaches. What else do you need?

Date: January 4, 2011 15:17

Don´t forget the best and cheapest meat in the world

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 4, 2011 15:45

bv

Standard procedure? Can't remember they ever played Europe and then South America the year after. Think it was always vice-versa, first South America in spring, then Europe in summer.

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: January 4, 2011 21:18

I don´t really think that THE STONES will even think about playin' in Uruguay....
STONES in South America means.. Brasil & Argentina. Cuz they are biggest countries, and of course... The quantity of people who's gona be as crowd... Uruguay is a real small place.
Hey ¡¡ I have nothig against uruguayans, ok?? winking smiley

Salutes ¡¡

Date: January 4, 2011 21:38

North America takes at least half a year to tour, and with options of both indoor and outdoor, both primary and secondary markets, they can tour NA from Sept - March like they use to do. Europe summer, America winter. Easy to book.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: January 4, 2011 22:02

I'd really be surprised if they'd toured Europe this summer

Date: January 4, 2011 22:48

diego

I took the ferry from Buenos Aires across River Plate to Montevideo on a day off, when the Stones did five shows in Argentina back in 1998, and I loved Montevideo and Uruguay a lot. Hope I will be able to see the Stones perform on stage in Montevideo on the next tour!

Bjornulf

Date: January 4, 2011 22:58

midnrambler
Standard procedure? Can't remember they ever played Europe and then South America the year after.

The last tour 2005-2007:
[www.iorr.org]

North America - 2005
South America - Feb 2006
Far East & Down Under - Mar/Apr 2006
Europe - Summer 2006
North America - Fall 2006
Europe - Summer 2007

They just follow the season when it is hot, cold, inside, outside, on and off season. Europe summer, South America spring, North America any time and Far East spring usually. Making the album is 10x harder than sorting out the dates.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 4, 2011 23:28

What is this Uruguay-thing? A new Pony?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 5, 2011 00:01

Edith Grove
paulywaul
Edith Grove
bv

No cajun music or jambalaya for you !

OK OK, I take it back .... all is forgiven. They'll do N America !! We'll even make sure they start in New Orleans !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 5, 2011 00:13

RiverStone
Uruguay is a real small place.

But still bigger than Boise, Idaho winking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 5, 2011 00:14

Maybe when they say touring, they just mean going on holiday....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 5, 2011 02:10

Beast
RiverStone

Or Regina,Canada.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 5, 2011 03:29

Beast
RiverStone

Boise was great!

I'd go back there again for a Stones show.

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: January 5, 2011 03:37

Come on, you are the Little Red Rooster
Too lazy to study Geography.....

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 5, 2011 05:04

RiverStone
I don´t really think that THE STONES will even think about playin' in Uruguay....
STONES in South America means.. Brasil & Argentina. Cuz they are biggest countries, and of course... The quantity of people who's gona be as crowd... Uruguay is a real small place.
Hey ¡¡ I have nothig against uruguayans, ok?? winking smiley

Salutes ¡¡

* Sorry Martín, but you forgot to mention Chile! Isn't Chile a country in South America?
* Btw Luxemburg is smaller than Uruguay!
* Wouldn't you like the Rolling Stones to play in your city (Mar del Plata, Argentina)? Well it has at least half of population of Montevideo, Uruguay! So following your way of thinking they won't ever play there!

@ diego: keep your fingers crossed, you never know! "La vida te da sorpresas".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-05 05:06 by Quique-stone.

Date: January 5, 2011 05:08

Brue
diego

But above all, you've got great seafood and a bunch of beaches. What else do you need?
...Well a Rolling Stones show would be fantastic!

Date: January 5, 2011 05:14

bv
diego

I took the ferry from Buenos Aires across River Plate to Montevideo on a day off, when the Stones did five shows in Argentina back in 1998, and I loved Montevideo and Uruguay a lot. Hope I will be able to see the Stones perform on stage in Montevideo on the next tour!

...Glad you could cross the river Río de la Plata and visit Montevideo, a lovely old city and very kindly and gentle people! Bjornulf, if you ever come back to Buenos Aires, I would be glad to be your guide and make that travel to Montevideo again.

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: January 5, 2011 06:18

BV: I will tell you I think you will be very happy by the end of 2011 if the boys are not tell lies to close associates.The hold up now is contracts,insurance for the tour and all band members health and willingness to do a big tour.As a 50 year stones fan I have a few very good contacts with the guys who make it go and all im hearing is its gonna go if all the above falls into place.Ronnie is sober for now as I spoke to him about a month ago on the phone.We dis not discuss touring just talked about other things.Keith is Keith as you know and Mick the ultimate business man is looking at all the economics of the tour.Everybody is just waiting for the word but there is more than the band to get in place.All i can say is Im getting ready.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 5, 2011 06:42

Quique-stone
bv
diego

...Glad you could cross the river Río de la Plata and visit Montevideo, a lovely old city and very kindly and gentle people! Bjornulf, if you ever come back to Buenos Aires, I would be glad to be your guide and make that travel to Montevideo again.

...and if you want to chill out.....a one hour ferry across River Plate from Buenos Aires to the town of Colonia in Uruguay. Very laid back, a very nice place to relax and enjoy local culture.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home