Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Chuck Berry collapses
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 3, 2011 16:20

You guys, with all my respects some comments over here are unbearable, I can´t understand it!!
By the way, Mister Chuck Berry is fine and full of energy.

Happy 2011 mis amigos

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:31

bianca
Considering that Chuck himself probably doesn't read these posts

Probably right Bianca, but his son is a regular on this board and he will read them.

That being said, I would like to ask everyone to please keep this thread free of any posts that might be insulting to Chuck or his family. Please keep it clean.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 3, 2011 19:22

It's great to see how things are changing in the society: a man with more than 80 years doing tours!. There are still things that need to be changed, there is still people that doesn't allow others to grow old and enjoy their lives. Probably, if Mr. Berry stoped doing what he knows to do many years ago, he would be now dead. I saw Berry two years ago (if I remember well) in Madrid. He gave a good concert, I enjoyed it. Nobody was forced to pay for the tickets. I will love to see any of the stones with 80 or 90 years doing what they know to do, or what they try to do. They will give us more lessons, and some of us need to learn a lot, of life and respect.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2011 21:14

IMPORTANT:
I would advice people to show respect. This is not a thread where you spread negative thoughts. If you do not have anything nice to say then please do not post here in this thread. And if you do not reespect this then I will have to take action immediately. Thanks for your understanding!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 3, 2011 21:27

Rolling Hansie
bianca
Considering that Chuck himself probably doesn't read these posts

Probably right Bianca, but his son is a regular on this board and he will read them.

That being said, I would like to ask everyone to please keep this thread free of any posts that might be insulting to Chuck or his family. Please keep it clean.

For what reason indeed?
Without Chuck no Keith riffs.
Next player: Rye Cooder.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 3, 2011 21:39

Related article in Rolling Stone Magazine

[www.rollingstone.com]

Get Well Chuck !

Date: January 3, 2011 23:12

Deporable and terrible comments again, goofing and making second meanings jokes, Thanks Rollin Hansie and BV imploring justice over here, this´s not the first time I can read this kid of comments. I know CBII has read the thread for sure, just talked to him via facebook, I am pretty sure, he or no one´d love to read these stupid thing strings, specially when he has been the link or embyro of the Rolling Stones, and that´s why we are here ladies and gentlemen...
Come one Chuck!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:18

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. My father is doing quite well now after a whirlwind 72 hours starting on Friday. Due to the lack of rest and preparation by Saturday, dad was running quite low on energy. When I found out he did the sound check at the congress the story was told. It was a simple case of too much activity packed into too little time.

Once he landed at the Lambert (the international airport in Saint Louis), he came straight home and mom said he went and slept the afternoon away. In classic form, after waking up he was fully re-energized (Amazing thing to see actually).

The family has spent the past 36 hours answering calls, replying to messages and so forth. I did get a message back to Carlitos and he passed it along to the IORR members (thanks man).

When I talked to my dad today, he was a chipper as ever. I'm sure Saturday was just the beginning of the new year, NOT the end of his performing.

Thanks again everyone.

CBII

Posted by: Bomber ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:23

God Bless ya Chuck! and thanks CBII thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:25

Thanks for the info CBII. Glad to hear that your dad is OK again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:26

thanks for the update CBII - all kinds of well-being on all you Berrys :E

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 4, 2011 00:30

Many thanks for the update CBII.

Also thank you for the article, boston2006

The best one I could find is here: [www.xpertnetsworld.com]

There's also [www.npr.org]

Take the rest that you feel is needed Chuck, and get well.
Hope to see you again.

"They forgot the roll and they only kept the rock. The roll’s the whole damn thing dude, the rock is nothing, deal with it, the roll is king." - K.R.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-04 00:39 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Date: January 4, 2011 00:31

All I just can say....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 4, 2011 01:10

talk about a reliable inside source - thanks CBII for the update! thank goodness for the speedy recovery!

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: January 4, 2011 01:13

Thanks, CBII.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: January 4, 2011 01:28

Thank you, CBII.

Best wishes to everyone.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: January 4, 2011 04:32

Thanks CBII. It's great to hear an update. I've never seen him in concert and hope to get the chance to do so more than once.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 4, 2011 04:34

Long live the king!

- Doxa

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 4, 2011 04:59

That is good news indeed....
thanks CB||

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:04

little queenie
talk about a reliable inside source!
he's giving mickscarey a run for his money!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:11

Great to hear he's on the mend. Thanks for the update. I hope he gets plenty of rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-04 05:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:52

not a big chuck fan because of his disrespect for the stones and mostly keith but iam very happy that he is going to be ok and have much respect for his music, feel better chuck

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 4, 2011 05:55

ablett
"I watched both videos and saw nothing of him falling offstage or whatever, just the guy taking his guitar away because he didn't seem able to tune it. Hence the bit about Keith or Ronnie."

Strange cause I thought you were initially trying to crack a poor gag at the expence of CB??

aka: "AHHHH you can't take a joke!"

Changed your 'tune' now?

You're right, I made a bad/stupid/dumb choice to crack a joke at Keith and Ronnie at Chuck's expense. My apologies to everyone.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 4, 2011 09:51

Thanks for the information CBII, it is great to hear Mr. Berry is doing fine. It would be a sad start of the new year otherwise. As stated above, it would be wise to take some rest before re-starting to do what he does best again.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 4, 2011 12:06

Best wishes t oChuck and his family always. He is to me the creator !

Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: January 4, 2011 12:07

Good to hear Chuck Berry is O.K again! I am amazed how he 'invented' all those mindblowing licks! I can play them on my guitar, too. But most important: I do suffer from severe depressions! When this depression shows up, I put Chuck Berry on, and I feel better! Thank you Chuck! I am always happy to see 'old' people still play on stage! No retirement for artists!

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 4, 2011 12:22

Thanks for taking the time to post, CBII. It's clear from this board the amount of esteem and affection that there is for your dad amongst the international Stones community. Maybe he'll feel like playing Scotland later this year!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 4, 2011 12:35

i havent seen chuck play in years but i imagine he has good nights and bad nights at this stage of the game.i would think people paying to see him understand that from the get-go.its just good fun watching him,not the london phillharmonic.

man,i hope he's o.k. we wont see another one like him i promise you that, a true original.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home