Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: greatest frontman ever ?????
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 31, 2010 05:02

That list is kinda heavy metal/hard rock oriented, no surprise for Jagger so down on the list.

Date: December 31, 2010 05:03

ChefGuevara
Posted by: keefriffhard4life ()
Date: December 31, 2010 04:28

ChefGuevara
If Bruce Dickinson is such a good singer, shouldn't he find a better
band than Iron Maiden...no wonder I never heard of him before.

you seriously have never heard of iron maiden or bruce dickinson before? i find that crucially hard to believe considering they are one of the most popular bands in the entire world right now

No, I have heard Iron Maiden before...but did not know the singers name.

so that proves what???

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 31, 2010 05:12

keefriffhard4life
you seriously have never heard of iron maiden or bruce dickinson before?

That's the cowbell dude, right?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 31, 2010 05:49

Mick Jagger, easy choice.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: December 31, 2010 05:51

No Expectations
I always thought Ray Davies was a tremendous frontman.

I agree -- way different than Jagger but both share the ability to quip.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: December 31, 2010 07:56

What about Sinatra, if we're talking through all genre's. He was the Elvis of pop music.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: December 31, 2010 08:33

Most important thing in this thread: Who's that girl next Iggy Pop?!?!

She was (is) hot!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 31, 2010 08:47

deadegad
Most important thing in this thread: Who's that girl next Iggy Pop?!?!

She was (is) hot!
LOL, you said it before me...

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 31, 2010 08:53

Mick, Rod, Plant, Mercury, Bon, and just to throw a bit of gas on the fire... Kind of, eh, like Robbie W. I see Freddie in him.
Oh, and Morrison

TE
Oslo

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:17

If Freddy Mercury was still alive...he was the greatest!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:33

MKjan
Mick Jagger, easy choice.
+1

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:50

MICK JAGGER
ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2010 13:13

Greatest: Elvis Presley for sure.
His body language and movements are most musical and natural too me.
He melts with the music, a nature talent.

Second: Jagger is certainly amongst them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-31 14:05 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: December 31, 2010 13:27

keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2
keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2
So this poll assumes that Kurt Cobain is a bitter singer than Mick Jagger, that the dude of Muse, Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson(AHAH!) are all better singer than Mick Jagger.

Sure
are you seriously trying to say jagger is a better singer than dio or dickinson? that might be the funniest thing i've heard all day

Yes, i'm totally serious.
What's your definition of a great singer? The one who can rich the higher note? someone who have perfect vibrato technic?

Assuming that, anyone from America's Got Talent is a better singer than Mick Jagger or Lou Reed or Jim Morrison or Iggy Pop. Even my singing teacher from my district is.

For me, Bruce Dickinson can park Mick Jagger's car.

thats a pretty ridiculous statement. of course you define who is a better singer by who has a better technique and range. same way you help to figure who is a better athlete by who has better stats. they don't give the gold medal to the guy who came in last just because he was more popular or a crowd favorite. the give the gold to the person who from better training and technique came in first. you are saying jagger is a better singer than guys who practically are singing opera over hard rock which is something jagger could never do. on top of that dio was roughly the same age as jagger and his voice was still solid enough to carry an entire concert without tons of backup singers

Again, no.
Is not a metter of having a better technique or range. Assuming that, like i said, anyone from America's Got Talent is a better singing than Mick Jagger or Lou Reed or Jim Morrison or Iggy Pop.

And is not a matter of being more popular. Assuming that, Britney Spears is a better singer than Wilson Pickett.

Music is another. Being a GREAT and complete singer (meaning the best in the world) is a matter of having a great interpratation capacity, a recognizable and unique voice, a huge sense of melody, and being influential to following singers. Is a matter of leaving your personal contribution to the discipline.

And of course, of having a superior artistic taste.
Singing opera over metal is the trashiest thing humans ever expressed, so thanks God Jagger can't do.

Who is a better painter? Picasso and Van Gogh or anyone who studied at the academy for 10 years, with perfect technic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-31 13:48 by farawayeyes2.

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: December 31, 2010 14:36

farawayeyes2
Who is a better painter? Picasso and Van Gogh or anyone who studied at the academy for 10 years, with perfect technic.

Both types of painters can be good. I read somewhere that Van Gogh had much respect for an academic painter like Bouguereau. In my experience, professionally educated musicians generally have more discipline, and that's definitely a big advantage, but not at all decisive for their quality.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 31, 2010 14:42

Here's my choice :

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2010 14:53

lsbz
farawayeyes2

In my experience, professionally educated musicians generally have more discipline, and that's definitely a big advantage, but not at all decisive for their quality.

Agreed.

It's a gray area to a certain extend.
Talent, discipline and creativity are the key words. What you do with it is another matter.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: December 31, 2010 15:03

keefriffhard4life
you seriously have never heard of iron maiden or bruce dickinson before? i find that crucially hard to believe considering they are one of the most popular bands in the entire world right now

Oh, you mean these guys!
[www.stsanders.com]

Date: December 31, 2010 15:10

farawayeyes2
keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2
keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2
So this poll assumes that Kurt Cobain is a bitter singer than Mick Jagger, that the dude of Muse, Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickinson(AHAH!) are all better singer than Mick Jagger.

Sure
are you seriously trying to say jagger is a better singer than dio or dickinson? that might be the funniest thing i've heard all day

What's your definition of a great singer? The one who can rich the higher note? someone who have perfect vibrato technic?

Assuming that, anyone from America's Got Talent is a better singer than Mick Jagger or Lou Reed or Jim Morrison or Iggy Pop. Even my singing teacher from my district is.

thats a pretty ridiculous statement. of course you define who is a better singer by who has a better technique and range. same way you help to figure who is a better athlete by who has better stats. they don't give the gold medal to the guy who came in last just because he was more popular or a crowd favorite. the give the gold to the person who from better training and technique came in first. you are saying jagger is a better singer than guys who practically are singing opera over hard rock which is something jagger could never do. on top of that dio was roughly the same age as jagger and his voice was still solid enough to carry an entire concert without tons of backup singers

Again, no.
Is not a metter of having a better technique or range. Assuming that, like i said, anyone from America's Got Talent is a better singing than Mick Jagger or Lou Reed or Jim Morrison or Iggy Pop.

And is not a matter of being more popular. Assuming that, Britney Spears is a better singer than Wilson Pickett.

Music is another. Being a GREAT and complete singer (meaning the best in the world) is a matter of having a great interpratation capacity, a recognizable and unique voice, a huge sense of melody, and being influential to following singers. Is a matter of leaving your personal contribution to the discipline.

And of course, of having a superior artistic taste.
Singing opera over metal is the trashiest thing humans ever expressed, so thanks God Jagger can't do.

well sorry you don't think dio or dickinson weren't influential or don't have an easily recognizable voice

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 31, 2010 15:18

ThereĀ“s only one:

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 31, 2010 15:26

anyone who says it is not jagger is a fool

Date: December 31, 2010 15:30

melillo
anyone who says it is not jagger is a fool

well there is a difference between being a great frontman and being a great singer and in the vocal department jagger is pretty low

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 31, 2010 15:31

the topic is frontman

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 31, 2010 18:01

keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2
keefriffhard4life
farawayeyes2

Sure

Huh? I certainly do NOT define who is a better singer by technique and range. Technique and range are not music, they are tools an artist can bring to bear in making music. What good do technique and range do me if nothing meaningful is conveyed.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: December 31, 2010 20:27

Frontmen?

Jagger
Elvis
Bon Scott
Rod
Freddy
Ronnie
and of course... Phil Lynott

this guys have (had) all the rules!

Others

David Lee Roth
Tyler
Iggy

Another "suspicious" list:

[www.digitaldreamdoor.com]

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 31, 2010 20:38

Why respond? It is not even close. Jagger by a million miles.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2010 23:01

Iron Maiden is pathetic!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 1, 2011 01:46

You're right, stupid question, dumb poll. Polls are simply a sampling of the population who vote on a given topic. Every sampling will turn up different result because different individuals are responding. But, yes, MICKSCAREY, you're absolutely right, Mick is the ONE!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 1, 2011 01:49

steffiestones
crumbling_mice
The best frontman since Elvis is undoubtedly Jagger. These tabloid polls are piffle. Elvis, James Brown and Jagger - these are frontmen, Axl Rose etc are pretenders who would themselves admit so.

Mick Jagger is not alone in the world, there are many good frontmans equal as Jagger!!

ah...that's not true

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 1, 2011 02:22

isn't it a bit silly to question who the greatest frontman is on a rolling stones messageboard? the answers are rather biased. what's next, who is the greatest road manager? ian stewart, of course!! by a million miles!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home