Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones Reactions to.."Cheeky Fans"
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 27, 2010 11:49

Have you heard or even heard of anyone giving "a bit of cheek" in a humorous sort of way to a member of The Stones.And it was heard by them.. or another member of the Band.Did they see the funny side of it..or if they didn't what was their reaction?

Re: Stones' Reactions
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2010 12:06

have you seen Shine a Light, colonial (or heard the concert album)? notice the moment in the middle of Far Away Eyes
when someone screeches "you fukced up" at Keith? that might have been a photographer not a fan per se
but whoever it was: gee thanks for intruding on the performance in that ugly way

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 27, 2010 12:17

with sssoul
have you seen Shine a Light, colonial (or heard the concert album)? notice the moment in the middle of Far Away Eyes
when someone screeches "you fukced up" at Keith? that might have been a photographer not a fan per se
but whoever it was: gee thanks for intruding on the performance in that ugly way
sssoul..yea'..It wasn't until someone pointed that out to me on about the 3rd time I was watching "Shine a Light"..yea' that's a classic.

Date: December 27, 2010 12:31

... classic?? it's just ugly rudeness

in one of the interviews after the CD came out someone said it was Mick who decided
to leave that moment audible on the "soundtrack album" but turned way down - to me that was a big mistake.
in the film at least you can work out what's going on, but on the CD it just sounds like a flaw in the recording.
sort of like Scorsese forcing himself into whichever number - the joke is slightly funny the first time you see the film
but who needs it as a semi-audible blip on an album?? grr and bah humbug and my i'm in a good mood this morning aren't i spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-27 15:06 by with sssoul.

Re: The Stones Reactions to.."Cheeky Fans"
Date: December 27, 2010 13:26

I like it! The Stones come across as unpretentious people, willing and able to laugh off their own flaws. Show some signs of humanity grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-27 13:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 27, 2010 13:36

Dandelion Powderman my dear, it's not Keith's reaction i'm objecting to -
it's that screeching person who intrudes on the performance for posterity:
who does she think she is, Mick Jagger?! tongue sticking out smiley

and the decision to make it sound like tape wobble on the CD was just weird.
either leave it full blast or leave it out, i always say. and have some popcorn :E

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 27, 2010 13:46

I think it is actualy nice in the movie, since you see Keith shoot back with a big smile. On the album it is really unnecessary, since it is not so clear what was going on. But then they would have to edit Keith's reaction too, so I think it was a good decision to leave it there.

Question is whether it is appropriate to shout like that towards the stage. Well, it probably isn't, but it doesn't really insult me. Keith handeled the situation nicely (after he really did f..k up the lyrics smiling smiley ), so I think it is a nice moment in the movie and on the album...I don't mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-27 13:48 by Happy24.

Date: December 27, 2010 13:46

I got that smiling smiley However, I like the inclusion of the fan´s ranting. We can take that. LOL! And it´s loud enough for me. I heard it very loud and clear the first time.

Date: December 27, 2010 14:57

..."Paint it black, you Devils..."

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 27, 2010 15:15

Not really a fan (Like us at any rate) and not really about being cheeky to a Stone but a cute story anyway.......

Andy Warhol was babysitting Jade for Mr & Mrs in New York when she was very young, anyway Andy & Jade were watching a nature program when a Chimpanzee came bounding on the screen, jumping around and throwing his arms around as they do.....Jade got really excited, ran towards the TV pointing & shouting "Dada! Dada!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-27 23:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 27, 2010 15:46

...yup.... the Stones thought it was so rude they left it in...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home