Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
GRRR Store Carnaby Street
Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:40

Hi

Anybody going to visit the new Carnaby Street store and see all the merchandise and 3D street animations?

Cheers

In celebration of their 50th Anniversary, The Rolling Stones have curated the world famous Carnaby Street Christmas Installations in London for 2012.

The Installations, which launched last week, consist of huge 3D spheres suspended throughout Carnaby Street containing gold and silver vinyl records emblazoned with the bands iconic artwork and album covers plus the famous Carnaby arches are dressed with The Stones iconic tongue logo. The outdoor installation tells a visual story from the band's creation in the 1960s to the present day.

Fans can walk through Carnaby Street and experience the installations until 6th January 2013 and fans unable to visit Carnaby in person can still experience the Installations online courtesy of Google Street View.

Plus, a very special Rolling Stones GRRR! Pop up Store in Carnaby Street is now open!

10 Carnaby Street, London W1F 9PF

Re: GRRR Store Carnaby Street
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:46

as we have time in London, yes I would like to give it a try and have a look, but as BV said, its overpriced nip for sure

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:05

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:49

I was in that part of town on Monday afternoon and called in to take a look. I'm sorry to say it is crap and I wouldn't bother making a special trip. The contents of the shop are as follows.

Grrr mugs
Grrr CD
Various Exile box sets
Various unattractive overpriced items of clothing
Couple of posters

That's it! If you want variety stay at home and check out the merchandise section of rollingstones.com.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:53

thunderball
I was in that part of town on Monday afternoon and called in to take a look. I'm sorry to say it is crap and I wouldn't bother making a special trip. The contents of the shop are as follows.

Grrr mugs
Grrr CD
Various Exile box sets
Various unattractive overpriced items of clothing
Couple of posters

That's it! If you want variety stay at home and check out the merchandise section of rollingstones.com.

O dear !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:42

I will to visit the store on 24. but to buy but just to see the street and the store. of course there are losts of better placar to buy stones stuff.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:55

The store should fit in nicely amongst the rest of the tat on Carnaby Street, then. Swinging London ain't no more.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:38

Like the merchandise stands at their concerts, it seems you can buy pretty much anything apart from their CDs.

And people wonder why their concerts tend to be made up of people wearing overpriced tat who know about ten songs.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 15:18

I took some photos of the store & street on Monday - if anyone wants to post 'em online am happy to forward the pics. (I don't have anywhere to store them online for linking to IORR). Cheers

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 14, 2012 18:10

I reckon it would be a bitchin place for a Stones party!!

Somebody go sweettalk the staff n get us an invite. It's got poker, music great places for dancing, sofas smileys with beer

Sheet man.

If anyone goes in there. Ask the staff if they are still using their walkie Talkies!!!!!

\m/

Date: November 17, 2012 15:05

Here is the store.....

and inside.......

Whilst there isn't a great selection of stuff there....if anyone fancies a 20% discount, then go along on Thursday 22nd - [www.carnaby.co.uk]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 17, 2012 15:58

they are called "pop up" stores and they have proven themselves as effective marketing campaigns that bring product and awareness to the masses ASAP...and they make money.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:32

I was told they will get deliveries of all the tour merchandise once the London dates are upon us.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 18, 2012 17:02

So would that be on the 25th, assuming they're open on Sundays? In which case I'll stop by as I get in around 10.30. I wouldn't mind getting that "Tongues through the years" that can be bought with tix for the US dates, hopefully it will be available in Europe too?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 20, 2012 04:50

Thanks for the pic, ManOfWealthandTaste. It looks cool.

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: December 16, 2012 13:51

will never forget the 27th of november. bill was visiting the merchandise-shop and signed a lot of vinyl for the fans outside. rolling stones-vinyl!!! goddamn, he was just the last stone to sign my 'exile'.. a big cheerio to the guy who 'heard that a band member will show up'!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:52

More pictures of this would be fun to see.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 11, 2013 20:16

Can you buy concert poster from the last concerts in this store?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 11, 2013 20:20

Bitches Brew
Can you buy concert poster from the last concerts in this store?

It's closed now.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 11, 2013 20:33

Are you sure? Because this was posted on Carnaby street twitter page 3 hours ago: "Not long left to visit the @RollingStones pop up shop on Carnaby Street, head down there for limited edition Stones merchandise"

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 13, 2013 13:15

I was at the store last weekend and a member of staff was saying they had a few weeks left on the lease, it's still open as far as I know.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: January 13, 2013 13:23

Nasty Habits
I was at the store last weekend and a member of staff was saying they had a few weeks left on the lease, it's still open as far as I know.

Good, cos' I want one of those "50 & counting" posters ........

Date: January 13, 2013 13:43

Strange.....I was in there yesterday and they said it was the last day. All t-shirts were £10.00 as were Crossfire and Charlie IMD DVDs. Most other stuff was at least 50 per cent off.

Date: January 13, 2013 13:51

Manofwealthandtaste
Strange.....I was in there yesterday and they said it was the last day. All t-shirts were £10.00 as were Crossfire and Charlie IMD DVDs. Most other stuff was at least 50 per cent off.

So which is it then, closure imminent - or a few more weeks to run ?

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 13, 2013 13:51

I walked past it yesterday about 7pm and it wasn't open

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 13, 2013 18:49

I need GRRR merchandise like I need a bad cold. This is certainly not the stuff that makes me a Stones fan, unless maybe they sell records in there. peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 13, 2013 23:04

..... when monkeys take over only those with a GRRR t-shirt will survive

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 13, 2013 23:06

Rockman
..... when monkeys take over only those with a GRRR t-shirt will survive

OT:

Rockman, is there any chance at all in your vast archives you have a photo of John Hiatt and Bobby Keys together from the Master Of Disaster sessions?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 13, 2013 23:14

..... no Munich can't help you with that one ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 13, 2013 23:21

I guess that means there were no photographers at the event or you'd have it....thanks for checking

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home