Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Charlie Watts Says Rolling Stones are Done – “No More Tours”
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 25, 2010 18:29

The tour is happening. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Date: December 25, 2010 18:44

mickscarey

...and Merry Merry to you, Mickscarey. smileys with beer

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 25, 2010 18:52

Seems to me Charlie said he wouldn't tour again right before ABB.
He doesn't want to leave home, and then always does.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 25, 2010 18:56

Gazza
melillo
so all blogs are out in out lies?

Consider the quote :

"It had to end some time, so why not now.”
So says longtime drummer for the Rolling Stone Charlie Watts, speaking to a small gathering of reporters

So we're led to believe that Charlie Watts broke the story that the Stones will never tour again to a gathering of reporters - and three weeks later, not a single one of these 'reporters' has deemed the story worthy enough of a newspaper or online story?

Aftewr reading the entire thread I must say this is the only statement that makes sense.

I am too old for this type of brain overload. Besides this is what I want to believe.

Posted by: rockinstonesman ()
Date: December 25, 2010 19:25

Anyone that thinks they would not do a 50th anniversary tour ,does not know their stones very well ,they will tour,and it will be the last big tour.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 25, 2010 19:27

Keith can do it the Bob Dylan-way...play the synthsizer..grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 25, 2010 20:02

Although I will wait for a official announcement to know the actual truth until then we can all rely on Mickscarey to make it official for us. After all, Mickscarey has been shouting it's been a DONE DEAL for over a year now. If the Stones ever do tour then Mickscarey will have been right - but only by eventuality that they actually toured at some point. Hence the broken clock being right twice a day.

But 17 months... and a whole lot of nothing so far... that says a lot.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 25, 2010 20:20

mickscarey just wants credit for predicting the tour , so if he does it for 2 years he cant be wrong LOL, way to pinpoint a prediction mickscarey!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 25, 2010 21:06

rockinstonesman
Anyone that thinks they would not do a 50th anniversary tour ,does not know their stones very well ,they will tour,and it will be the last big tour.

Amen! Amazing how so many of us (me included) continue to fall prey to RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay)! Have to admit I fell for this BS story until I quickly came to my senses.

Date: December 25, 2010 21:22

melillo
mickscarey just wants credit for predicting the tour , so if he does it for 2 years he cant be wrong LOL, way to pinpoint a prediction mickscarey!!!!!!!!

True, but it's not like he is the only one around here that thinks there is going to be a tour.

Date: December 25, 2010 21:26

mickscarey

Yes, of course it is, the question is when? I say it kicks off in late August or early September of 2011. What do you say?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 25, 2010 21:26

I think alot of people on this board are now scared. Remember the rumor a few months ago that Charlie had quit? Alot of BS! The Stones will tour. This is what they do. This is who they are.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 25, 2010 21:42

More Hot Rocks
I think alot of people on this board are now scared. Remember the rumor a few months ago that Charlie had quit? Alot of BS! The Stones will tour. This is what they do. This is who they are.

If it's "what they do" and "who they are," why haven't they been doing it for nearly 3 1/2 years??

Valuable years are slipping away...at their age, time is NOT on their side.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 25, 2010 21:46

That would suck, but I still dont believe this..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 25, 2010 21:47

Please Bjornulf show some light on this will you????
jeroen

Date: December 25, 2010 21:48

skipstone
Although I will wait for a official announcement to know the actual truth until then we can all rely on Mickscarey to make it official for us. After all, Mickscarey has been shouting it's been a DONE DEAL for over a year now. If the Stones ever do tour then Mickscarey will have been right - but only by eventuality that they actually toured at some point. Hence the broken clock being right twice a day.

But 17 months... and a whole lot of nothing so far... that says a lot.

Reminds me of friend of mine who has been predicting Keith Richard's demise for the last few years. We have a yearly running bet and so far so good, only seven days left in this year. I told him that I think Keith will out live both of us!

Date: December 25, 2010 22:10

Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks

If it's "what they do" and "who they are," why haven't they been doing it for nearly 3 1/2 years??

Everything is right on schedule. They no doubt have had their eye on this "50 thing" probably as early as the end of the last tour. Takes a lot of time, dollars, planning, and energy to pull one of these things together. Then there is the build-up. They are masters at building drama, just like they do at their concerts. They take you up, slowly let you down, then suddenly send you through the roof!

Date: December 25, 2010 22:22

angee
Seems to me Charlie said he wouldn't tour again right before ABB.
He doesn't want to leave home, and then always does.

Probably his near 70 year old body is telling him no, but once he gets the call his mind takes over. I am sixty and my body tells me every morning not to get out of bed in the early morning and go for my daily walk. Somehow, I drag myself out of bed and before you know it I have returned from a brisk one hour walk wondering how the hell I did it.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 26, 2010 00:00

when I met Keith in 2006, he reminded me of a zombie/mummy in appearance. What I saw on stage the following night didn't look like the guy I met. His face was grey in color. Looked like a guy with no blood in his body and there was no tan coloring in his face. He was quite nice as I have already mentioned in this forum, but he looked like shit which is evident that Father Time has been whipping his English arse for years.

IMO, it will take a medical miracle before Keith can play 2 hours per night on any type of world tour. If they go back out, they need to get Mick Taylor into a fat farm and rehab clinic and take him out on their last tour. Forget Blondie filling in. Bring me the big guns and heavy artllery.I am not worried about Woody as he is keeping active.

Time is running out, or has time already ran out?

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 26, 2010 00:38

When I stood 7-8 meters away from Keith at a concert that same year (late 2006) he played a forceful solo on 'Sympathy for the Devil'. He appeared to be using talcum powder or some other substance on the neck of his black Gibson at least for that number, presumably to reduce friction (I believe this has been talked about in IORR posts before). The rest of the concert he cranked out his riffs with power and no apparent difficulty. He sang well and moved around quite a lot.

We all know Keith has arthritis. As for looking like a zombie, when DIDN'T Keith look that way? As of the last tour when I saw and heard him, he could still bring it. If he's close to what he was in 2006-7 there's no reason the Stones can't tour again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-26 00:40 by scaffer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 26, 2010 00:46

Midnight Toker
when I met Keith in 2006, he reminded me of a zombie/mummy in appearance. What I saw on stage the following night didn't look like the guy I met. His face was grey in color. Looked like a guy with no blood in his body and there was no tan coloring in his face. He was quite nice as I have already mentioned in this forum, but he looked like shit which is evident that Father Time has been whipping his English arse for years.

IMO, it will take a medical miracle before Keith can play 2 hours per night on any type of world tour. If they go back out, they need to get Mick Taylor into a fat farm and rehab clinic and take him out on their last tour. Forget Blondie filling in. Bring me the big guns and heavy artllery.I am not worried about Woody as he is keeping active.

Time is running out, or has time already ran out?

Can't comment on how he can play because he's barely played a note in public for over 3 years, but he's certainly LOOKED a lot healthier in any public appearances he's made in the last 12/18 months than he has done in some considerable time.

The guy had a near death experience in spring 2006, dont forget. Its quite reasonable to assume that a man in his mid 60s who doesnt exactly look after himself would take quite some time afterwards to recover properly from that.

Date: December 26, 2010 00:47

stonescrow
Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks

Everything is right on schedule. They no doubt have had their eye on this "50 thing" probably as early as the end of the last tour. Takes a lot of time, dollars, planning, and energy to pull one of these things together. Then there is the build-up. They are masters at building drama, just like they do at their concerts. They take you up, slowly let you down, then suddenly send you through the roof!

If they havent recorded a note of music together or even decided between themselves whether they will or will not be touring in 2011, then everything is most definitely NOT 'right on schedule'...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 26, 2010 01:18

Keith really went through some rough patches after his fall in the Spring of 2006. The European tour of 2007 was the worse I've ever seen or heard him. The injury in conjunction with the medication he was taking appeared to make him move in slow motion.

A family member of mine---a little older than Keith---was a spry, and very agile 67 year old woman. With no car of her own, she was constantly on the move getting from point A to point B. She had a mild stroke earlier this year in which she made a full recovery. Unfortunately, after that incident---age began to catch up with her. She began to feel more tired and fatigued---the complete 180 of what she used to be. I can't help but feel this has happened to some degree with Keith. The guy was virtually indestructable for most of his life. The head injury may have changed that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Keith is barely able to move...but I'm not sure his once bullet-proof stamina and focus is still there...

Date: December 26, 2010 02:25

Gazza
stonescrow
Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks

If they havent recorded a note of music together or even decided between themselves whether they will or will not be touring in 2011, then everything is most definitely NOT 'right on schedule'...

To you and many fans it may appear that they are not on schedule, to me I see it differently. My point is that there is no way they haven't been aware of this "50 thing" for a long time and there is no way, barring something freakish (like one of them dies or becomes seriously ill) that they are going to let this opportunity pass without doing at least something in 2012 at the latest - my guess would be late 2011. When I say "right on schedule" I don't mean that all the details have been worked out, just that they have had their eye on a specific time frame and have been proceeding at a pace that would allow them to be ready to roll when that time arrived. I wouldn't put to much significance on "summit meetings" in regards to exactly where they are at in the process. They are magicians when it comes to running "misdirections" and you can bet they are much further along in the process than they are telling us.

Date: December 26, 2010 02:33

Never mind 2012. No one's doubting they're 'aware' of it. If they are going to tour within 9 months or so and by this time havent a) started working on songs or b) decided whether they even WANT to tour, then thats most definitely behind schedule as can be proven by the example of previous tours.

Much further along? Not unless theyve been sending each other their musical contributions by pro tools. Pretty hard to be 'far along' when the two main songwriters live on different continents and dont even see each other for at least 6 months at a time.

As for the last sentence, can you give an example where they've 'misdirected' us in the past? Genuine question (not tryin' to be a smartass) - because this stuff is usually quite predictable in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-26 02:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 26, 2010 09:01

Planning a tour in the middle of a global economic meltdown. Not easy. Could be a disaster if the timing isn't perfect. Booking venues. Planning on the staging with all of the designers etc...It must take at least 12 months to do this. I don't know for sure.
How about making a record with new songs and show us that you guys have big balls and can rock for guys in their 60's. Try to blow us away. You have the songs, it is a matter of picking the RIGHT ones. No fluff. No backing vocalists. Keep it pure with Jagger/Richards harmonies. Toss Mick Taylor in the mix to give your record some bite and bark. Let Ronnie play.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:10

Right on schedule? We don't know. None of us. Whatever they're planning, and I think it's something, they know exactly what they're doing. If they're touring, they've already got venues on 'will call'. I remember before the Bridges tour, I was still in school doing a paper of some kind, staying up all night in the library, looking up sh*t online when I got lazy, and came across several venues booked as 'Mick and Keith' on ticketmaster, many months before any kind of tour announcement. You could type mick and keith in the search box and it would bring up dates, which I didn't write down, but I'm assuming they became Stones dates. No tickets were for sale. They are the BEST at building drama. It's all scripted. If they don't want it to get out, it doesn't get out, and we never even discuss it. Why did Ronnie beating up his girlfriend just disappear from the news? Cause they control their media.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:33

Mick was reported to be 'furious and hurt' after reading Keith's book. Could be that he is wary of appearing on stage and being laughed at.

However, my gut feeling is telling me that the real issue is the economy, and the logistics of staging a large tour.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2010 11:53

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: December 26, 2010 13:38

Well for better or worse everything in those comments is true and one thing i am surprised at that more wasnt made out of the interviiew with patti about her cancer that keiths music room in his ct home had gone the way the way of a lot of peoples exercise rooms in their house just another room to store stuff

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home