Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones TRIVIAL PURSUIT
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:21

Ok..just purchased it from my local Barnes & Noble Bookstore for $40.

Surprisingly I haven't seen much mention of it here. (Opening it as I type)
Pictures on the board are mostly from 1990's thru 2006. The one
exception is the image from the Rarities CD cover (also from the RESPECTABLE video I think)

The "roll again" spaces have a pair of dice and say "tumbling dice".

The pie pieces have the lips logo...as does the die (single dice).
The question box says "start me up" and "you can make it if you try!"

The categories are:
Hot Rocks (Blue) Stones Albums & Songs 1962-1971

Rewind (Pink) Albums & Songs 1972-1984

Rolled Gold (Yellow) Albums & Songs 1985 to present day (2010)

In Concert (Purple) Tours, Live albums & live appearances.

Story Of the Stones (Green) biographies of band members, musicians & producers they've
worked with..and family history.

No Stone Unturned (Orange) Wild Card - covers info about the band that does not pertain to the other categories.

Here are a few sample questions from one randomly chosen card:

"How far from home were the Stones on the US b-side of She's a Rainbow?" 2000 light yrs
"What song did Mick say was influenced by Wm Burrough's CITIES OF THE RED NIGHT?" Undercover of the Night
"WHat's the opening track of Dirty Work?" One Hit
"Which Stone joied U2 in MSG to sing Gimme Shelter at the '09 25th anniv of R&R Hall?" Mick Jagger
Which Stone's father was an aeronautical engineer?" Brian Jones
"Which Stone once owned a double-dec London bus?" Brian Jones

Looks like it will be fun!

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-22 05:28 by sweet neo con.

Re: Rolling Stones TRIVIAL PURSUIT
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 22, 2010 06:25

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 22, 2010 08:07

someone earlier mentioned a question about I'm Alright/It's Alright -
ah here it is: [www.iorr.org]
the Department of Historical Accuracy hopes most of the game is more with-it than that question!
have fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-22 08:09 by with sssoul.

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: January 14, 2011 02:21

My hubby and sons bought it for me for Christmas along with the Monopoly game.

They are trying to figure out my handicap to play against me. Right now it stands that the cards are in braille and I must wear mittens. winking smiley

Date: January 14, 2011 02:41

I have it, its awesome

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: January 14, 2011 03:19

i got it @ DILLARDS 70% off:

$12!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 14, 2011 03:40

sweet neo con
Ok..just purchased it from my local Barnes & Noble Bookstore for $40.

Barnes & Noble is always a rip-off.

You could have bought it from Amazon for $13.69.

[www.amazon.com]

or collector's edition for $21.99:

[www.amazon.com]

* edit ... oh just saw post by mothra665, got it for $12, even better!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-14 03:43 by LeonidP.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 14, 2011 04:54

hmm...nice prices.
Amazon.ca is $70 for the Trivial Pursuit game...same for Monopoly.

I tried buying from Amazon.com, but they won't ship to Canada.

DAMN!

Date: January 14, 2011 05:11

Thanks to sweet neo con for starting this post. I made me look up Amazon.co.uk, to see what the price is there.

It was expensive, HOWEVER, it led me to the superdeluxebox of EXILE, for 44.87 pounds INCLUDING Shipping to Canada.

That's about $72....beats the US and Canadian price by a fairly hefty margin.

Date: January 14, 2011 07:31

treaclefingers

c'mon, don't be over-spending. You can get it on ebay for 1/2 that amount easily

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 14, 2011 07:54

How many errors have been found? On card 299, they ask: What was the venue for the Stones' official Toronto concerts on the Voodoo Lounge tour? They give Skydome as the answer, but it was CNE Stadium.

Date: January 14, 2011 08:00

LeonidP
treaclefingers

c'mon, don't be over-spending. You can get it on ebay for 1/2 that amount easily

opened maybe...made in the people's republic quite likely.

Date: January 14, 2011 22:34

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

No, easy to find on ebay, $30 brand new. Legit or ebay would not allow it (or you could report person)

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 14, 2011 22:45

I got it for my birthday - sadly, none of my friends are Stones heads like I am so I have nobody to challenge me.

Date: January 14, 2011 23:28

LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

No, easy to find on ebay, $30 brand new. Legit or ebay would not allow it (or you could report person)

Well, NEVER heard of anyone selling illegitimate stuff on EBAY before, so you must be right.

But seriously, I've looked, and I see a lot of 'buy it now' at around $130-140 range.

Please post the link if you've actually looked and seen something...I'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to know!

Date: January 14, 2011 23:38

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

Well, NEVER heard of anyone selling illegitimate stuff on EBAY before, so you must be right.

But seriously, I've looked, and I see a lot of 'buy it now' at around $130-140 range.

Please post the link if you've actually looked and seen something...I'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to know!

it's ebay - just put in your search & you will find easily enough ... i searched yesterday on "trivial pursuit stones" and only found about 20 items, many at the $30 price range.

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: January 14, 2011 23:44

if DILLARDS has any left, does anyone want me to let them know...shipping may be a problem, seems to have a 'lil weight to it...just let me know.

Date: January 15, 2011 02:28

LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

it's ebay - just put in your search & you will find easily enough ... i searched yesterday on "trivial pursuit stones" and only found about 20 items, many at the $30 price range.

Oh for chr*ssakes...I'm talking about Exile on Main Street superdeluxe boxset, not Trivial Pursuit, read my actual comments that you lifted the quote from!eye rolling smiley

Date: January 15, 2011 09:03

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

Oh for chr*ssakes...I'm talking about Exile on Main Street superdeluxe boxset, not Trivial Pursuit, read my actual comments that you lifted the quote from!eye rolling smiley

Oh for chr*ssakes...This thread is about Trivial Pursuit, not Exile on Main Street superdeluxe boxset so when i skim & see a price it i assumed it was about Trivial Pursuit eye rolling smiley

Date: January 15, 2011 13:36

LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

...Treaclefingers was talkin' bout the Exile box when he mentioned the $ 72 (the post that you reacted to, Leonid) - weren't you, Treacles?!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: January 15, 2011 15:33

MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

...Treaclefingers was talkin' bout the Exile box when he mentioned the $ 72 (the post that you reacted to, Leonid) - weren't you, Treacles?!

yes it's obvious now that i read the post instead of skimming, and i thought equally obvious that i missed that he changed subjects as he douchebaggedly let me know, sorry!

Date: January 15, 2011 17:00

LeonidP
MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

yes it's obvious now that i read the post instead of skimming, and i thought equally obvious that i missed that he changed subjects as he douchebaggedly let me know, sorry!

well, as far as calling names, at least we know who's been the 'douchebag'. A simple, sorry 'bout that would have sufficed. I didn't 'change' subjects. Just thanked the original poster for starting the thread. Next time read before you quote.

Date: January 15, 2011 17:01

MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

Yes!smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 15, 2011 17:55

treaclefingers
LeonidP
MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

well, as far as calling names, at least we know who's been the 'douchebag'. A simple, sorry 'bout that would have sufficed. I didn't 'change' subjects. Just thanked the original poster for starting the thread. Next time read before you quote.

yes, i think who the douchebag here is obvious... when you saw i was still talking of Trivial Pursuit a simple "btw ... " would have sufficed, no need for the "Oh for chr*ssakes" comment, but whatever. i was simply trying to help others save money, btw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-15 17:56 by LeonidP.

Date: January 15, 2011 18:20

LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

yes, i think who the douchebag here is obvious... when you saw i was still talking of Trivial Pursuit a simple "btw ... " would have sufficed, no need for the "Oh for chr*ssakes" comment, but whatever. i was simply trying to help others save money, btw

Well sorry for sounding exasperated by replying to your mistakes. I know you were trying to help, it was just exasperating going through all that back and forth for nothing. But honestly, you "went there" with the name calling pretty quickly.

You don't sound like the type that would simply apologize for the error, so let's just drop it shall we?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 15, 2011 19:24

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 15, 2011 20:41

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

Well sorry for sounding exasperated by replying to your mistakes. I know you were trying to help, it was just exasperating going through all that back and forth for nothing. But honestly, you "went there" with the name calling pretty quickly.

You don't sound like the type that would simply apologize for the error, so let's just drop it shall we?

yeah sorry too, as i'm sure i'm the only one that has made mistakes and it must have been rough reading thru the back-and-forth (2 replies). you just don't sound like the type that would simply apologize without giving one more dig about it being the other's fault, so i agree & let's drop it.

Date: January 15, 2011 21:25

LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
MississippiBullfrog
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers

yeah sorry too, as i'm sure i'm the only one that has made mistakes and it must have been rough reading thru the back-and-forth (2 replies). you just don't sound like the type that would simply apologize without giving one more dig about it being the other's fault, so i agree & let's drop it.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: January 16, 2011 21:23

Just came across this oddly worded one...

"What track was Ron talking about when he said: "When I touched her, my hand froze"?

Obviously SHE'S SO COLD......but not sure why they attribute it to RW.
Am I missing something?

Date: January 16, 2011 21:31

...another one i just remembered.....something like "Who did Mick
say was always rude (or mean) to people?" Choices: Keith, Bianca or Allen Klein.

Answer: Bianca

Anybody know the circumstances of this comment.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home